Not Impressed - Florida

Florida will be better for the humiliation of beat down at home. I really dislike gators. But they will be favored vs vols.

Well just throwing out some scores Kentucky beat Central Michigan 35 to 20. Kansas beat them 31 to 7. Florida over Charleston southern 53 to 6. Kentucky over Florida 27 to 16. Looks to me like Kentucky can be had since they seem to be playing on the same level as Kansas. The team Florida beat is rated number 197 so they didn't beat anybody much different from ETSU there. Then they lose to Kentucky.
My guess is we can play at a level comparable to Kentucky or Florida and only when we play the games will we find out. Neither seems to be a team to be afraid of going into the game.

Nothing has changed since the season started.

Florida and Tennessee are bad football teams until they prove otherwise.

They aren’t proving otherwise.

This year’s game is for bragging rights for that year and bowl eligibility.

Nothing has changed since the season started.

Florida and Tennessee are bad football teams until they prove otherwise.

They aren’t proving otherwise.

This year’s game is for bragging rights for that year and bowl eligibility.

The bowl game gets you 15 extra practices with the coach who will be there next year.

Reactions: 44DivePlay
May end up being whoever wins the game goes bowling and the loser stays home. My times have changed. Battling to stay out of the SEC east cellar with Florida.

Hell, no, we are battling for the TOP of the SEC East, taking the games one at a time.

You must be thinking of the Gamecocks battling with Florida for the cellar, both 0-1 right now.

“We always lose to Florida” is an exaggeration, but not by much. I have watched many games which Tennessee could have won, but didn't. Florida beat us how many years in a row -- a dozen? That is messed up, however peep want to say it.
And for the vast majority of those years? We were outcoached. All things equal and there’s no big bad mystical bogeyman preventing us from anything...contrary to the popular perception.

Glad Mullen went to Florida. They’re going to have a tough time recruiting running backs and he’s always struggled to retain defensive coordinators.

Jinxes and curses are given validity when the afflicted believe in them. Been watching cfb for a long time. The first jinx I can remember is not being able to beat Ole Miss in the state of Mississippi. I guess it started with the Jackson massacre of 69. After that it didn't seem to matter how much we were favored for some time. We're not alone. Remember how Bobby Bowden could never beat Miami (wide left or wide right). John Cooper couldn't beat Michigan and the bear couldn't beat Notre Dame. The more we believe in those things the more real they become. Florida players used to talk about it in the nineties. How Tn players would react when something went wrong. Come to think of it, the practitioners of voodoo and the occult have known about this for centuries of cursing people.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
Florida is a mediocre football team. Same with UT. No one that starts for either team's offensive or defensive lines would start at Alabama. Or Clemson. Maybe one or two at UGA, at best.

Both programs are light years away from being competitive at the level we hope for.

Florida is a mediocre football team. Same with UT. No one that starts for either team's offensive or defensive lines would start at Alabama. Or Clemson. Maybe one or two at UGA, at best.

Both programs are light years away from being competitive at the level we hope for.
Both O lines suck But Trey Smith would start on any team in College Football just saying

Reactions: 44DivePlay
It's not that Florida always beats UT, it's that UT always finds different ways to lose to Florida. I don't see this year as an exception, due to the Vols extremely poor Oline and Dline play.
Fear not the Vols will find a way.

View attachment 167495
Simply don’t acknowledge when we win...worked two seasons ago.

Trey Smith starts anywhere.

Reactions: Behr and LandonVFL
Well just throwing out some scores Kentucky beat Central Michigan 35 to 20. Kansas beat them 31 to 7. Florida over Charleston southern 53 to 6. Kentucky over Florida 27 to 16. Looks to me like Kentucky can be had since they seem to be playing on the same level as Kansas. The team Florida beat is rated number 197 so they didn't beat anybody much different from ETSU there. Then they lose to Kentucky.
My guess is we can play at a level comparable to Kentucky or Florida and only when we play the games will we find out. Neither seems to be a team to be afraid of going into the game.
You can’t compare scores like that to say team A is equal to team B. That’s the same logic that people use to say Troy was the best team in the country last year. Troy beat LSU who beat Auburn who beat Alabama so therefore Troy is better than Alabama. Kentucky is absolutely better than Kansas. That doesn’t mean we won’t beat KY. I believe we will. There’s so much football to be played before we get to KY that who knows how things will look come game week. Kentucky is a decent football team but you can tell they don’t have top shelf talent. We will be favored and we will win.

There is not any meaningful transitive property in college football. Comparing how different teams played against a common opponent has very limited utility, in my opinion. Too many variables. The week prior, for example, Kansas lost to Nichols State. Does that mean Nichols would beat Central Michigan? Doubtful.

Chizik just made a good point. Give a guy time to develop his players and let his philosophies take root. UK dominated the LOS tonight. Take note you people that want to fire a coach after game 1 or year 2.
Agree. I think CJP should get all the time he needs, within the outer bounds of reason. Like, maybe 7 years? When Majors was hired by TN from Pitt he was the local hero and got a lot of time to turn the Vols around. It took him a good bit longer than anticipated, but he got the program there. This instant gratification mentality has to stop, or the program is never going to be anything but mediocre. And, why fire the coach you have unless you have a "can't miss" replacement already in tow? Makes no sense to me to set some artificial deadline on expectations and pull the plug on your coach, only to enter a process where you have no guarantee you will hire someone better. Just my two cents.

Couldn't agree more.

This is going to be a battle for who gets bragging rights of NOT being the worst in the SEC East. I'm thinking/hoping Tennessee is the team that is better this year.

VN Store

Back