Not Impressed - Florida

I haven’t been impressed with Florida since Tebow played there but yet they still find a way to beat us consistently. They were brutal in the Muschamp years and still beat us.

I haven’t been impressed with Florida since Tebow played there but yet they still find a way to beat us consistently. They were brutal in the Muschamp years and still beat us.
But Tennessee was worse than brutal in the Muschamp years

Last edited:
Right, but neither was the 1993 UT team. That was supposed to be "The Year" for us...We had a proven QB, yet they beat us with a true freshman in his first start. Will Greer basically did the same thing to us in 2015. Had he not been suspended and left the team, Florida's fortunes would have been much different the last few years. I'm afraid that they'll find their man of the future and he will of course have his first big day against us. The rest will be history and UF will continue to be our nemesis in the future. I just wish that for once we would stomp them when they are down, they wouldn't discover their next big star QB and it would be us that would see our next big stars emerge and dominate the Gators in the future. Now is our perfect opportunity to not only beat them this year, but establish our dominance over them. This game, this year will determine the future of this "rivalry" for the next decade I predict. We win it, we win the next decade...We lose it, it's more of the same for us. I really believe it is that big. I hope we open up the playbook, always go for it, and pour it on if we get a decent lead. I'd love to see a total blowout domination with no let up whatsoever!

I watched that entire game last night. I was a little confused when Florida was ranked 25th after week 1. I had been reading on this board all off-season that we are pretty similar, talent-wise. From just that one game, I kinda feel like it's true. Our o-line has been really bad, but if you compare all the position groups, I feel like they look pretty similar to us. I'd also take JG over Franks.

Florida's offense takes a lot of shots, where-as we've been more conservative. If our secondary has a good game and we get any sort of o-line improvement, I think we can win. If our o-line plays like they did 1st quarter yesterday, we're hosed against everyone.

I watched that entire game last night. I was a little confused when Florida was ranked 25th after week 1. I had been reading on this board all off-season that we are pretty similar, talent-wise. From just that one game, I kinda feel like it's true. Our o-line has been really bad, but if you compare all the position groups, I feel like they look pretty similar to us. I'd also take JG over Franks.

Florida's offense takes a lot of shots, where-as we've been more conservative. If our secondary has a good game and we get any sort of o-line improvement, I think we can win. If our o-line plays like they did 1st quarter yesterday, we're hosed against everyone.
This might be the worst Florida team since the 0-10-1 1979 Florida team coached by Charley Pell

May end up being whoever wins the game goes bowling and the loser stays home. My times have changed. Battling to stay out of the SEC east cellar with Florida.

Reactions: mpfvol
I get what you're saying, I really do, but all it takes is the right coach and that chit is over. Do we have the right coach in Pruitt? We will have an idea in a couple of weeks.

Today.....I enjoy a Tennessee win, no matter who it was, and Florida loss, no matter who it was, but...to Kentucky makes it even sweeter.

This by no means is proof that Mullen will not succeed, but it is funny.

VN Store

Back