Can fights occur in coffee shops?

It's guys like you that are the scariest...... those that don't give a F.....it's a lose/ lose situation ..... you either go to jail or the hospital ..... or both.

just walk away - YouTube

I think way too many people give way too many ****s about their safety. It's as if they live under the illusion that if they are safe, then their life won't be one of constant suffering.

I had 7 years of hand to hand combat training from a former instructor in the South Korean military. I can throat punch with the best of them. :)

I’m impressed. I’ve never had any formal training.

I just know that since I’ve gotten older that the **** hurts. Lol

I go for the knees if I feel I can’t get myself out of the situation. (It’s been at least 10 years since I’ve felt the need to defend myself)

Because, I really thought I was going to have to kick some kid's (mid-20s) ass just now at the coffee shop.

Apparently, he didn't care for me asking him whether he has ever thought listening to his garbage music on his phone, sans headphones, was annoying to those around him.

F***ing jackasses.

Sorry if I missed this but you were in a Starbucks, right?
And what was he drinking or did you notice? Regular? Iced latte? Soy boy?

The last "real" confrontation I had actually got physical.

I'm a lot like TRUT. I'm big on respect for others, keeping your word, and basically leaving others alone.

I guess I'm a throwback.

It was about 10 pm. I was leaving a walmart in Jacksonville Florida.

There are always people asking for handouts outside. Most are harmless.

There were 2 young guys (younger than me anyway) standing by the exit door as I walk out with a couple of bags.

One asked me for a dollar.

I replied that I didn't have any cash and kept walking.

They then started following me.

The one guy asked me again for some money.

I said I told you I didn't have any.

By this time we were several parking spaces away from the door. I drive a f350 and I try to park away from others because it takes up a lot of space.

They were still following me.

I then hear the one say to the other "I think we will just take his money."

When I heard this I stopped and turned around to face them.

"What did you say?" I asked him.

He grinned at me and said "I might just take your money."

I hit him. No hesitation, no warning. I did my best to take his head off. Straight hard right in the kisser. He folded like a lawn chair.

Tbh, I went nuts. It infuriated me that these punks were gonna try to rob me, and thought it would be easy. I stayed on the one until I was sure he wouldn't get up. The other was punching me in the side and back of the head, kicking me in the back. I never felt it at the time. I then got off his buddy and started after him. I caught him going around the buggy rack.

The worst wound I got from this whole thing happened at this point. I busted my hand open on the metal frame or a buggy trying to punch this pos as he is scrambling away from me.

He got away and ran off.

I went inside to get security and to let them know what happened.

The people in walmart acted like they could have cared less. I couldn't even get the security guard to come outside at first.

When he finally did they were both gone.

They finally asked me if I wanted to call the cops.

I said **** it, grabbed my bags and left.

Reactions: 4 people
Ouch. Gotta hurt. Sympathies, buckfama.

I used to have a pic of it. I should have gotten stitches but I didnt. Glued it back together.

I was sore from the punches and kicks the next day but never felt a thing at the time.

I think way too many people give way too many ****s about their safety. It's as if they live under the illusion that if they are safe, then their life won't be one of constant suffering.

In my younger days I didn't mind mixing it up if it came down to that.... but now that I'm 50... it's not so much about safety for me as it is the BS consequences..... plus the amount of ass I can kick now is certainly less than it once was.... even so.... I'm not going to let someone try and punk me either, but my instigating days are behind me now.

I'm a lot like TRUT. I'm big on respect for others, keeping your word, and basically leaving others alone.

I guess I'm a throwback.

There were 2 young guys (younger than me anyway) standing by the exit door as I walk out with a couple of bags.

By this time we were several parking spaces away from the door. I drive a f350 and I try to park away from others because it takes up a lot of space.

I hit him. No hesitation, no warning. I did my best to take his head off. Straight hard right in the kisser. He folded like a lawn chair.

Tbh, I went nuts. It infuriated me that these punks were gonna try to rob me, and thought it would be easy. I stayed on the one until I was sure he wouldn't get up. The other was punching me in the side and back of the head, kicking me in the back. I never felt it at the time. I then got off his buddy and started after him. I caught him going around the buggy rack.

The worst wound I got from this whole thing happened at this point. I busted my hand open on the metal frame or a buggy trying to punch this pos as he is scrambling away from me.

He got away and ran off.

The people in walmart acted like they could have cared less. I couldn't even get the security guard to come outside at first.

I really like this story:good!:

Reactions: 2 people
Guy in the break room right now using his headset for a phonecall. Talking loud, and it's reminding of some of these posts.

I have a buddy that has a lifetime ban from Panera bread...

That stuff always cracks me up. How do they even enforce it?

Back in the early 80s I got kicked out of the Superdome in New Orleans. When the security guys hauled us out, one of them said, “We better not ever see you in here again.” Even then I thought it was funny. If I showed up for a ball game even the next week, was I really gonna be recognized among 80k people?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

I guess I'm a throwback.

He got away and ran off.

great, lesson in this story....if you know it's gonna end up in a fight, make the first shot count...

fighting's not worth the risk of getting shot...too many people carrying now....

Are people really afraid to tell some dweeb in a coffee shop to be considerate and turn their music down?

Yes.

I also think that a lot of those who would not do this or do not confront the younger generation regarding their behavior are also those who complain about how terrible they generation is.

If that's the case, you can do something about it.

That stuff always cracks me up. How do they even enforce it?

Back in the early 80s I got kicked out of the Superdome in New Orleans. When the security guys hauled us out, one of them said, “We better not ever see you in here again.” Even then I thought it was funny. If I showed up for a ball game even the next week, was I really gonna be recognized among 80k people?

In college I worked at a golf course and one of the caddies claimed he was banned from the KeyBank Center (then the HSBC Arena) in Buffalo for getting into a drunken fight during a Sabres game. Spoke about it like a badge of honor, and said he had been back to many games since. Hilarious

In college I worked at a golf course and one of the caddies claimed he was banned from the KeyBank Center (then the HSBC Arena) in Buffalo for getting into a drunken fight during a Sabres game. Spoke about it like a badge of honor, and said he had been back to many games since. Hilarious

lol Yeah, mine was more funny than cool or badass, nothing to do with fighting or anything. I was just a teen in town for a school function and went to see the Superdome with some buddies. Turned out we thought the tour was too expensive, so when I found an unlocked door in an alcove of the lobby, I thought a private tour was in order.

We eventually made it onto the floor of the Superdome and it was awesome. We ended up getting busted in a service hallway trying to find our way out.

I always felt like the security team was a bit overzealous in their anger but it was funny even then, especially the no coming back part. We laughed all the way back to our hotel.

VN Store

Back