Can fights occur in coffee shops?

tumblr_inline_n9ry5j99g11sy96x5.png

Reactions: 4 people
This is a valid topic. I walked past a woman the other day walking through Walmart talking on her speakerphone. I'm thinking damn, what makes you think everybody wants to hear your stupid conversation?!

Reactions: 1 person
This is a valid topic. I walked past a woman the other day walking through Walmart talking on her speakerphone. I'm thinking damn, what makes you think everybody wants to hear your stupid conversation?!

well its Walmart - would you really expect much else ?

Coug, didn't you once advocate hitting women?

Reactions: 2 people
Fights can occur anywhere, but they're far more entertaining at the Waffle House. Waffle House fights are better than UFC.

Because, I really thought I was going to have to kick some kid's (mid-20s) ass just now at the coffee shop.

Apparently, he didn't care for me asking him whether he has ever thought listening to his garbage music on his phone, sans headphones, was annoying to those around him.

F***ing jackasses.

Problem then would be 10 clowns filming the fight

One thing you don’t do in life is blast music from your phone in a coffee shop while TRUT is drinking his Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce Soy Latte with an extra shot of Espresso.

Reactions: 5 people
Full account:

I had my monthly steak dinner with my friends at 730, so I decided to go to the coffee shop next to the restaurant at 5 and get some reading and work done. I sit down and there's probably 10 people in the place, half of them studying and doing work. For the first hour, everything is fine. I'm now reading and I notice this 25ish year old kid sit at the table next to me. No big deal, I keep reading. A minute later, I hear his music, and it's quite loud and clear that he's not listening on headphones. I assume he's a decent human being and that it will stop, but I can't concentrate. So, I put my book down and watch. The song ends and then be moves on to the next song. It's now apparent that he is going to be listening to his music, for all to hear, until he leaves (and, who knows how long until that happens). I probably spend at least 6 hours a week in various coffee shops, and this behavior is novel and aberrant. I look at this kid and it's pretty clear that he is not suffering from any mental disorder, he's simply inconsiderate.

TRUT: Excuse me.

Kid: Huh?

TRUT: Have you ever thought that what you are doing might be annoying to others?

Kid: What?!?

TRUT: Have you ever considered the possibility that other people might be around you and might be distracted and annoyed by your music?

Kid: No, bro.

TRUT: Well, you should consider that, because it is annoying.

The kid glares at me, but turns his phone off. So, I return to my book and keep reading. Meanwhile, I can hear the kid fidgeting in his chair and huffing. I keep reading. Fifteen minutes pass.

Kid: Yo man, that was a bold ****ing move.

TRUT: So it was.

Kid: You're an *******.

TRUT: So I am.

Kid: Listen dude, you can't just go around running your mouth and talking **** to people.

TRUT: I will say what I want to whoever I want.

Kid: Well, well, you don't know anything about me.

TRUT: I don't need to know anything about you.

Kid: But, but, you don't know who I am. Like, you could have just said the wrong thing to the wrong person.

TRUT: Are you that wrong person?

Kid: What?

TRUT: Are you going to do something about it?

Kid: Well, no, but, look man, if you run your mouth to everyone. I'm saying, that you don't know about them, and...

TRUT: And, what?

Kid: They could, I don't know, they might, they...

TRUT: I'm just going to stop you right there. I've been to Ranger School and I've been shot at in Iraq, buddy. There are few things left that scare me, and you're certainly not one of those things. I suggest you either shut the **** up, leave, or take a swing. We're done here.

At this, the kid grabbed his **** and left. There was an early 40s black couple a few tables over, and the guy just started laughing his ass off.

Moral of the story: when you're in public, if you can't deal with someone else letting you know that you are an annoying little ****, then don't be an annoying little ****.

Reactions: 9 people

That stuff is rough. You must have an iron stomach.

Also, sounds like that guy was looking for a confrontation but it didn't go as planned. Maybe he was looking for a payday for being asked to leave an establishment. Seems to be the rage nowadays.

Full account:

I had my monthly steak dinner with my friends at 730, so I decided to go to the coffee shop next to the restaurant at 5 and get some reading and work done. I sit down and there's probably 10 people in the place, half of them studying and doing work. For the first hour, everything is fine. I'm now reading and I notice this 25ish year old kid sit at the table next to me. No big deal, I keep reading. A minute later, I hear his music, and it's quite loud and clear that he's not listening on headphones. I assume he's a decent human being and that it will stop, but I can't concentrate. So, I put my book down and watch. The song ends and then be moves on to the next song. It's now apparent that he is going to be listening to his music, for all to hear, until he leaves (and, who knows how long until that happens). I probably spend at least 6 hours a week in various coffee shops, and this behavior is novel and aberrant. I look at this kid and it's pretty clear that he is not suffering from any mental disorder, he's simply inconsiderate.

TRUT: Excuse me.

Kid: Huh?

TRUT: Have you ever thought that what you are doing might be annoying to others?

Kid: What?!?

TRUT: Have you ever considered the possibility that other people might be around you and might be distracted and annoyed by your music?

Kid: No, bro.

TRUT: Well, you should consider that, because it is annoying.

The kid glares at me, but turns his phone off. So, I return to my book and keep reading. Meanwhile, I can hear the kid fidgeting in his chair and huffing. I keep reading. Fifteen minutes pass.

Kid: Yo man, that was a bold ****ing move.

TRUT: So it was.

Kid: You're an *******.

TRUT: So I am.

Kid: Listen dude, you can't just go around running your mouth and talking **** to people.

TRUT: I will say what I want to whoever I want.

Kid: Well, well, you don't know anything about me.

TRUT: I don't need to know anything about you.

Kid: But, but, you don't know who I am. Like, you could have just said the wrong thing to the wrong person.

TRUT: Are you that wrong person?

Kid: What?

TRUT: Are you going to do something about it?

Kid: Well, no, but, look man, if you run your mouth to everyone. I'm saying, that you don't know about them, and...

TRUT: And, what?

Kid: They could, I don't know, they might, they...

TRUT: I'm just going to stop you right there. I've been to Ranger School and I've been shot at in Iraq, buddy. There are few things left that scare me, and you're certainly not one of those things. I suggest you either shut the **** up, leave, or take a swing. We're done here.

At this, the kid grabbed his **** and left. There was an early 40s black couple a few tables over, and the guy just started laughing his ass off.

Moral of the story: when you're in public, if you can't deal with someone else letting you know that you are an annoying little ****, then don't be an annoying little ****.

That my friend was classic and I enjoyed every word. I regret I was not there to witness this "discussion" with another entitled asshat :good!:

That my friend was classic and I enjoyed every word. I regret I was not there to witness this "discussion" with another entitled asshat :good!:

This kid was quite obviously not accustomed to someone letting him know that he was absolutely insignificant to them. Center of the Universe kids.

I have a buddy that has a lifetime ban from Panera bread...

The judge even dropped the charges, but nope. He can’t go in their establishments anymore.

Any of them?

None

He and his wife went to lunch. He went to clean up and came out to find his wife’s ex husband and his buddy harassing her in the lobby.
The ex put his hands on her (hence the reason for the divorce)
My buddy beat the hell out of both of them. They both were hospitalized for several days. (Broken jaw, ribs, arms, etc)

My buddy is a force recon Marine.

He did have to pay for damages at PB.

I have a buddy that has a lifetime ban from Panera bread...

The judge even dropped the charges, but nope. He can’t go in their establishments anymore.

Do they have his face plastered on old school wanted posters hanging on the walls of every Panera? If that is the case, I kind of envy the man.

Do they have his face plastered on old school wanted posters hanging on the walls of every Panera? If that is the case, I kind of envy the man.

I doubt that. Lol

I’m pretty sure he was just told not to ever visit one of their establishments again.
He said it sucks though, he likes their food.

VN Store

Back