Can fights occur in coffee shops?

When keepin it real goes wrong... banned from Panera. Lol

Right or wrong, Keith is a good guy. He’s the kind of guy that will give you shirt off his back or stand in the rain to help you fix a flat.

Just don’t mess with his family or friends.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm never allowed in any Abercrombie & Fitch store ever again. Good thing I'm pretty sure those mofos are bankrupt.

Full account:

I had my monthly steak dinner with my friends at 730, so I decided to go to the coffee shop next to the restaurant at 5 and get some reading and work done. I sit down and there's probably 10 people in the place, half of them studying and doing work. For the first hour, everything is fine. I'm now reading and I notice this 25ish year old kid sit at the table next to me. No big deal, I keep reading. A minute later, I hear his music, and it's quite loud and clear that he's not listening on headphones. I assume he's a decent human being and that it will stop, but I can't concentrate. So, I put my book down and watch. The song ends and then be moves on to the next song. It's now apparent that he is going to be listening to his music, for all to hear, until he leaves (and, who knows how long until that happens). I probably spend at least 6 hours a week in various coffee shops, and this behavior is novel and aberrant. I look at this kid and it's pretty clear that he is not suffering from any mental disorder, he's simply inconsiderate.

TRUT: Excuse me.

Kid: Huh?

TRUT: Have you ever thought that what you are doing might be annoying to others?

Kid: What?!?

TRUT: Have you ever considered the possibility that other people might be around you and might be distracted and annoyed by your music?

Kid: No, bro.

TRUT: Well, you should consider that, because it is annoying.

The kid glares at me, but turns his phone off. So, I return to my book and keep reading. Meanwhile, I can hear the kid fidgeting in his chair and huffing. I keep reading. Fifteen minutes pass.

Kid: Yo man, that was a bold ****ing move.

TRUT: So it was.

Kid: You're an *******.

TRUT: So I am.

Kid: Listen dude, you can't just go around running your mouth and talking **** to people.

TRUT: I will say what I want to whoever I want.

Kid: Well, well, you don't know anything about me.

TRUT: I don't need to know anything about you.

Kid: But, but, you don't know who I am. Like, you could have just said the wrong thing to the wrong person.

TRUT: Are you that wrong person?

Kid: What?

TRUT: Are you going to do something about it?

Kid: Well, no, but, look man, if you run your mouth to everyone. I'm saying, that you don't know about them, and...

TRUT: And, what?

Kid: They could, I don't know, they might, they...

TRUT: I'm just going to stop you right there. I've been to Ranger School and I've been shot at in Iraq, buddy. There are few things left that scare me, and you're certainly not one of those things. I suggest you either shut the **** up, leave, or take a swing. We're done here.

At this, the kid grabbed his **** and left. There was an early 40s black couple a few tables over, and the guy just started laughing his ass off.

Moral of the story: when you're in public, if you can't deal with someone else letting you know that you are an annoying little ****, then don't be an annoying little ****.

Violence proved unnecessary. Good. Thank you for your restraint. :yess:

I didn't figure TRUT for such a billy badass

I pretty routinely ask strangers about their behavior, when their behavior is affecting those around them. Rarely do these strangers ever work up the gumption to challenge anything.

I pretty routinely ask strangers about their behavior, when their behavior is affecting those around them. Rarely do these strangers ever work up the gumption to challenge anything.

Pretty much the only time I ever do this is at the movie theater and I hate doing it so much. One time I politely asked a lady if she could be quiet and she seriously had the nerve to say "no". If it gets to that point, I'm so wired I can't enjoy the movie, so I always try to sit on the back row so nobody can be behind me and talking.

I doubt that. Lol

I’m pretty sure he was just told not to ever visit one of their establishments again.
He said it sucks though, he likes their food.

That was my next question. They would obviously recognize him if he went back to the same restaurant, but if he were to go to a different one I doubt they would even know him.

Pretty much the only time I ever do this is at the movie theater and I hate doing it so much. One time I politely asked a lady if she could be quiet and she seriously had the nerve to say "no". If it gets to that point, I'm so wired I can't enjoy the movie, so I always try to sit on the back row so nobody can be behind me and talking.

It's rare that I actually tell someone to change their behavior. Usually, I simply ask whether or not they have ever considered their behavior and the presence of other persons around them.

I did it once and the guy responded... He's now in prison

Keepin it real. He told the judge he felt he had been "disrespected"

I think the real question should be was the music too loud? Or are your ears too sensitive?...

76Lo.gif

I think the real question should be was the music too loud? Or are your ears too sensitive?...

76Lo.gif

Insofar as he was listening to music that I could hear, in my opinion it was too loud. That said, I neither asked him nor told him to turn it down or turn it off. I simply asked whether he had considered the possibility that it might annoy any other person. He said he hadn't. I then told him that he should consider that possibility, and I added that it is annoying to at least one other person. That was enough for him to turn his music off.

Now, one could easily ask whether or not I annoyed him. I think I did. Further, I deliberately did so. That is, I considered whether or not my question would annoy him, believed it would, and proceeded to ask it. I'm fine with that.

What would I have done if he had responded by simply saying he did not care if I was annoyed and continued to listen to his music? I would have left. But, again, in considering whether or not I was going to say something to him, I was also pretty sure that my questioning of his behavior would suffice to bring a halt to his behavior.

Insofar as he was listening to music that I could hear, in my opinion it was too loud. That said, I neither asked him nor told him to turn it down or turn it off. I simply asked whether he had considered the possibility that it might annoy any other person. He said he hadn't. I then told him that he should consider that possibility, and I added that it is annoying to at least one other person. That was enough for him to turn his music off.

Now, one could easily ask whether or not I annoyed him. I think I did. Further, I deliberately did so. That is, I considered whether or not my question would annoy him, believed it would, and proceeded to ask it. I'm fine with that.

What would I have done if he had responded by simply saying he did not care if I was annoyed and continued to listen to his music? I would have left. But, again, in considering whether or not I was going to say something to him, I was also pretty sure that my questioning of his behavior would suffice to bring a halt to his behavior.

Was eating breakfast at a local mom and pop place at 6am..two puerto ricans came in and ordered their food and promptly turned their phone volume up and started jamming to reggeton. I thought after a few seconds it would be over but no..they were just sitting there listening to it. My coworker politely asked them to turn the volume down and they did.

Moral of the story? Most people are stupid a##holes who think the world revolves around them.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back