Three executions planned Thursday for three U.S. states

You have way more faith in our justice system than I do.

Like I've said before, I don't have a problem killing those that deserve killing but I cannot support the death penalty until it's impossible for an innocent to be executed.

You and I are on the same page

Took until post #20 in this thread for someone sane to show up. Before that, FlVol was the closest thing to the adult in the room, which was a pleasant surprise.

We have some angry people on here.

Took until post #20 in this thread for someone sane to show up. Before that, FlVol was the closest thing to the adult in the room, which was a pleasant surprise.

Is there someone on death row that killed a member of your family?

Reactions: 1 person

No, just tired of seeing people fight for the rights of thugs.

Reactions: 1 person
In the case I have been talking about, there is ZERO doubt. And the word thug in their case is a nice one

Can’t really make a law that says, “Americans have rights, except when we subjectively decide there’s ZERO doubt.” We’ll inevitably get it wrong, and when we’re ending lives, we can’t afford to.

Can’t really make a law that says, “Americans have rights, except when we subjectively decide there’s ZERO doubt.” We’ll inevitably get it wrong, and when we’re ending lives, we can’t afford to.
There is nothing subjective about it in this case.

Picking which cases result in American rights being taken away is almost certain to be a subjective process.
Their rights should end when they set the kid on fire after repeatedly raping him. The only merciful thing they did was to shoot him. What they did to her is inexcuseable on any plane. I hope they die in a horrible way.

You can cry for those thugs if you want. My heart broke for the truly innocent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Their rights should end when they set the kid on fire after repeatedly raping him. The only merciful thing they did was to shoot him. What they did to her is inexcuseable on any plane. I hope they die in a horrible way.

You can cry for those thugs if you want. My heart broke for the truly innocent.

It’s not about caring about the victims or the accused, it’s about the fact that you can’t make a law that says only certain criminals lose their rights as Americans.

And, adding another horrible death won’t make things better for anyone else. This isn’t Mesopotamia.

VN Store

Back