Recruiting Forum Football Talk XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida 247 site said no credible sources of theirs has been able to verify Kelly is a real candidate let alone a done deal. They aren't really sure why it's taking off so much with their fan base because nobody beyond some college kid and their version of tony basilio said something about asources.

So they aren't buying it at the moment.

But but..... HG said....

florida 247 site said no credible sources of theirs has been able to verify kelly is a real candidate let alone a done deal. They aren't really sure why it's taking off so much with their fan base because nobody beyond some college kid and their version of tony basilio said something about asources.

🤞🏼

Reactions: 1 person
Would be a tremendous feat if we were able to pull that off, but Currie the kind if guy who could lace up his shoes and do the necessary legwork to get it done.

Ryan is the kind of guy who won't be afraid to step on toes in the SEC. Who cares who Flordia hires? Rex will take his size 13s and kick every ass in this league. He will bring this conference to heel.

And that Thamel guy will surely have to put his foot in his mouth.

Oh my. This right here is quality work.

Was Butch still on the Jumbo Tron? I never understood why he was up there in the first place.

Florida 247 site said no credible sources of theirs has been able to verify Kelly is a real candidate let alone a done deal. They aren't really sure why it's taking off so much with their fan base because nobody beyond some college kid and their version of tony basilio said something about asources.

Tried to tell gator that their ceiling was Petrino.

“(Playing Alabama in a crossover game every year hurts the perception of this job nationally).”

From the Yahoo article. I’ve been preaching this for weeks when people ask me about the Tennessee job and why we’ve been done for so long. It has less to do with Florida and everything to do with that Bama game. Have to beat them twice to win a title.

If our search ends as Thamel predicts, I’m out.

I think you are spot on about the Alabama game played every year. Any coach that is interested in the UT job will certainly consider this.

I think Brohm will be a good coach. I wouldn’t be enthused if we hired him though.

Norvell, on the other hand, hasn’t really impressed me at all. Watching Memphis, they do well on offense, but schematically nothing Norvell does impresses me. I’m not sure he’s not just riding out a good QB and and offense that was left in a good position due to Fuente’s good work (mostly...Norvell did recruit Ferguson).

Those guys don't always get the real info. When a national guy is specific in the level of detail that is being reported tonight about UF and Chip Kelly, you know it is real. Very easy to verify by checking with people who would be contacted.

Doug was before my time at UT but some of the older guys seemed to think highly of him. (As they do almost all of Fulmers former staff)

“(Playing Alabama in a crossover game every year hurts the perception of this job nationally).”

From the Yahoo article. I’ve been preaching this for weeks when people ask me about the Tennessee job and why we’ve been done for so long. It has less to do with Florida and everything to do with that Bama game. Have to beat them twice to win a title.

If our search ends as Thamel predicts, I’m out.

Bring me the coach who wants the challenge of Saban and Bama and not a coach who’s a coward!

To be the man, you gotta beat the man!

giphy.gif

AtlantaVol hasnt been on since the Thurs or Fri before Homecoming game. He said that if he was told to be quiet, when that time came he would be, or something to that effect. He has been logged on since then but hasnt said a word.

Also, BaldBiker is still missing. Id give anything to know what they know.

Peepaw could be the key here.😁

I was expecting peepaw back with butch gone

Peepaw or MamaPeepaw needs to give us the scoop.

I'm here, just in shutdown mode right now. I want to apologize for my wife a few weeks ago. I did not tell her to come on here. She misunderstood something I said. Our wedding anniversary was the next day....and I was playing her. I said it would be a fun night on VN and that I wish I was there to be on. Not sure how she misunderstood, but she is a dufus, so there is that. Actually....we have been in Europe. It was my anniversary surprise for her. I knew I had until this weekend to be back, and seriously thought, it might be the end of the year. A week or do ago, I decided I may need to be back....just in case a blowout happened. I really didn't think it would, but my gut said to come home.

This is really all I can say right now, then back to obscurity for me for now.....all the names being mentioned are in play. The money IS there this time around. Unless we swing and miss on several coaches....we'll have one of the highest paid coaches in the SEC. No one deserves Saban money, without a Saban pedigree....but there are some that could start off close (comparitively), if they understand what is expected.

Said more that I intended to already, but I'm drunk, so take that for what it's worth.

Reactions: 28 people
So sick of the way the media portrays us.

Any other team in coaching for search? Options are wide open in the media's eyes

Tennessee coaching search? Will have to take whatever leftover scraps we can get

It's petty, but recorded the hour and a half sports center that came on at 4:30 central today. Not one mention of Tennessee firing Jones. Florida got a live press conference on sportscenter. Like I said though, that's kind of petty of me, but it shows the level of disrespect for the program that they don't even mention it.

Bring me the coach who wants the challenge of Saban and Bama and not a coach who’s a coward!

To be the man, you gotta beat the man!

giphy.gif

Also... bring me someone who isn’t too dumb to understand what it takes (not some clown like butch and his “red team” nonsense).

Reactions: 2 people
I'm here, just in shutdown mode right now. I want to apologize for my wife a few weeks ago. I did not tell her to come on here. She misunderstood something I said. Our wedding anniversary was the next day....and I was playing her. I said it would be a fun night on VN and that I wish I was there to be on. Not sure how she misunderstood, but she is a dufus, so there is that. Actually....we have been in Europe. It was my anniversary surprise for her. I knew I had until this weekend to be back, and seriously thought, it might be the end of the year. A week or do ago, I decided I may need to be back....just in case a blowout happened. I really didn't think it would, but my gut said to come home.

This is really all I can say right now, then back to obscurity for me for now.....all the names being mentioned are in play. The money IS there this time around. Unless we swing and miss on several coaches....we'll have one of the highest paid coaches in the SEC. No one deserves Saban money, without a Saban pedigree....but there are some that could start off close (comparitively), if they understand what is expected.

Said more that I intended to already, but I'm drunk, so take that for what it's worth.

Thanks Baldy. And good to hear from you. Hope you and the mrs enjoyed your anniversary.

Get outta here with this crap about us not being able to hire a big name.

Forget all those in the media. Can’t stand those guys. We’ll get the last laugh this time

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back