Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not as optimistic as some people that if we don’t get Gruden, we’ll still make a great hire. I can believe the people in power are (mostly) willing to do what it takes to get things fixed. I can believe they are excited about the possibility of Gruden in Knoxville. I can also believe they would like the thought of hiring Bob Stoops or Gary Patterson.

But what about when those guys say no? We’ve already heard some people say they wouldn’t want Chip Kelly due to past issues. What about after Kelly? I’m not so sure the big money guys will be united once we get down to the second tier. And once they are no longer united, it becomes a power struggle rather than a coaching search. And when that happens, Tennessee hires Mike Bobo. Or Mike Norwell. Or someone else who shouldn’t be considered.

I have a bad feeling that it’s going to be Gruden or bust, with the odds heavily in favor of bust.

I agree completely, except I don't believe there is any possibility of Gruden.

Reactions: 1 person
Coasty, in the event (and I hate to even say it) we don't get Gruden or Kelly. How would you feel about Mark Richt?

I actually like Mark Ricth, this is is a great guy and a fine gettleman, he would be considered in the 2nd tier hire if I were the AD, as he is a good hire but not a great hire...... JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triggered

I guess if I'm going to be completely and utterly non-partisan, I'll add the Libertarian and Green party to the mix as well.

1xirzu.jpg

1xis36.jpg

Coasty, in the event (and I hate to even say it) we don't get Gruden or Kelly. How would you feel about Mark Richt?

For the love of god, let’s please limit this search to people who haven’t already been fired from another college job.

We want our hire to state “we’ll be back” and not “we’ll take the guy our rivals didn’t want.”

Reactions: 4 people
For the love of god, let’s please limit this search to people who haven’t already been fired from another college job.

We want our hire to state “we’ll be back” and not “we’ll take the guy our rivals didn’t want.”

And who in their right damn mind would think he would leave Miami? Lol

So im hearing if butch beats SC and loses to Bama and then somehow wins out he keeps his job....not gonna happen but i stress about having another year of mediocre jones at the helm

I actually like Mark Ricth, this is is a great guy and a fine gettleman, he would be considered in the 2nd tier hire if I were the AD, as he is a good hire but not a great hire...... JMHO

But he would have plenty of incentive to kick Kirby Smarts teeth out..... That alone makes it good hire not great. BUT GOOD

I’m sure this has been mentioned but what about his Espn contract. Would he be the first announcer to have a buyout 😬
Espn might not mind getting rid of his salary based on their current financials.

So im hearing if butch beats SC and loses to Bama and then somehow wins out he keeps his job....not gonna happen but i stress about having another year of mediocre jones at the helm

Winning out (except Bama) would show some tremendous growth as a coach by CBJ.

Nothing CBJ has done at UT suggests he's capable of that type of growth in such a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back