Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Bob would be my choice.
Still getting stone walled on actual names.

I honestly don't mind things getting played close to the vest this time. If names were out there, it certainly could screw up the negotiations going on with any potential search.

But on the other hand, I'd LOVE TO KNOW!

Let me be clear here. You're saying you'd rather have Cooter over Gruden?

I don't think Gruden is a possibility. He's on record saying he'd like to coach again in the NFL. I don't think he'd come back to college. I know people think JBC is in the same boat but I'm not sure what he really thinks of coaching colleges.

So yes I'd take a young hungry JBC over a Gruden who isn't motivated to be here.

Honestly....it's unlikely that either would end up here.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think Gruden is a possibility. He's on record saying he'd like to coach again in the NFL. I don't think he'd come back to college. I know people think JBC is in the same boat but I'm not sure what he really thinks of coaching colleges.

So yes I'd take a young hungry JBC over a Gruden who isn't motivated to be here.

Attachments

• taken.JPG
    taken.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 327
Reactions: 2 people

While we're on the subject of name changes...

Change this guy's name to Minimus0!!

Well dang. I'm guessing you've heard something new then.
I think most of the fan base would rally around Cooter, but it's still a risky hire, which is the opposite of the homerun proven hire that is being rumored. I'm deflated again.

If anybody is around when a mnf game comes near you, do a good deed and go. Make sure Jon sees you, too. Make sure to not leave without contracts signed.... or atleast until the restraining order is.

Reactions: 3 people
Or Bad Jerry sending noodz.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
The only thing that would make me feel better if Gruden spurns us, (I know, not going to happen), is Cooter!

I don't think I would like that, mainly because PM has never been an OC, but he's been around long enough he would probably do a good job at it. I would love him at QBs coach though. Either way, I think it's BS. I don't see him making a commitment for OC.

For the last half of his pro career he was the OC, UT couldn't have a better OC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back