Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volbrian and JAV just said in regards to Gruden 2012 and 2017:

Volbrian:
Much of the OP is accurate. The exact conversations and ultimatums may not be revealed but it can be said that Dave Hart cost Tennessee a chance at hiring Jon Gruden in 2012. Will it be different this time? I would not put money on Gruden being the next coach at Tennessee but I WOULD put money on Tennessee giving him the best offer possible with everyone, boosters and AD personnel, on the same page. They will make him say no in my opinion and if he does, he is probably not coaching college football.

JAV:
The OP is pretty close. I'll just echo what VolBrian said. There will be an offer made that virtually any coach (not named Saban or Belichik) would not be able to say no to. That said, I'll believe that he will come here when the ink is dry. I do know that there are excellent options that will be pursued if Jon doesn't become a reality.

JAV:
I'm not trying to be evasive or vague at all so please don't take it that way. The 2 names that I know will be seriously pursued, I just don't want to say out of respect for both of them and those who are involved. I will say that both of them would bring their own seismic boom as well. Not Chucky big but both are great football coaches.

I'll give more context if needed

Reactions: 7 people

Volbrian:
Much of the OP is accurate. The exact conversations and ultimatums may not be revealed but it can be said that Dave Hart cost Tennessee a chance at hiring Jon Gruden in 2012. Will it be different this time? I would not put money on Gruden being the next coach at Tennessee but I WOULD put money on Tennessee giving him the best offer possible with everyone, boosters and AD personnel, on the same page. They will make him say no in my opinion and if he does, he is probably not coaching college football.

JAV:
The OP is pretty close. I'll just echo what VolBrian said. There will be an offer made that virtually any coach (not named Saban or Belichik) would not be able to say no to. That said, I'll believe that he will come here when the ink is dry. I do know that there are excellent options that will be pursued if Jon doesn't become a reality.

JAV:
I'm not trying to be evasive or vague at all so please don't take it that way. The 2 names that I know will be seriously pursued, I just don't want to say out of respect for both of them and those who are involved. I will say that both of them would bring their own seismic boom as well. Not Chucky big but both are great football coaches.

Sounds like a good list.

Reactions: 1 person

Volbrian:

JAV:

JAV:

More more more

Well that sounds positive. But if conversations and plans are already being laid out, then I think we should go ahead and fire Butch. I think it is smart to wait until we have a plan, but at least give ourselves a chance to hold on to the recruiting class.

Well that sounds positive. But if conversations and plans are already being laid out, then I think we should go ahead and fire Butch. I think it is smart to wait until we have a plan, but at least give ourselves a chance to hold on to the recruiting class.

Felt the same way until the last few days. None of the issues right now are things that are too hard to fix once the page is turned. Let butch keep digging his own grave. He has no bearing on what happens next. If the hire is as big as it sounds it could be, all the perception problems end within 48 hours of the presser

Volbrian:

JAV:

JAV:

Vague usually means people dont really know... here's to hoping our team can turn things around!

Sounds like Gruden isn't the most realistic. In all honesty I think Gruden is the type of guy who would like to be entertained and swooned over but would leave us at the alter... not sure I'm willing to agree that it was DH's fault.

I do know the above and Grudens want to be wanted and not necessarily "bought" is a real thing.

Reactions: 2 people

Two points about these comments:

1. Finally, finally, FINALLY, our people are swinging for the fences. Peyton Manning is stepping up in a big way to get various interests all pulling in the same direction.

2. I know most of us here want Gruden badly, but if he does say no, we are still going after Top Men.

Our decade of disaster is almost over. Hang tight!

I know JAV supposedly has a good reputation for posting insider info, but one thing stands out to me as fishy when he speaks of Gruden sometimes. I’d cut and past examples if I wasn’t on my phone, but you’ll notice sometimes how he’ll talk about how Gruden has developed specifics about his offense, or how he’s made a list of which assistAnts he wants etc.

Basically he posts info as if he knows exactly what Gruden is thinking. How would he even know this unless he was a close confidant of Gruden. Or making it all up.

I want to believe though.

Reactions: 3 people
Two points about these comments:

1. Finally, finally, FINALLY, our people are swinging for the fences. Peyton Manning is stepping up in a big way to get various interests all pulling in the same direction.

2. I know most of us here want Gruden badly, but if he does say no, we are still going after Top Men.

Our decade of disaster is almost over. Hang tight!
What if one of the "top men" turns out to be Les Miles.

I know JAV supposedly has a good reputation for posting insider info, but one thing stands out to me as fishy when he speaks of Gruden sometimes. I’d cut and past examples if I wasn’t on my phone, but you’ll notice sometimes how he’ll talk about how Gruden has developed specifics about his offense, or how he’s made a list of which assistAnts he wants etc.

Basically he posts info as if he knows exactly what Gruden is thinking. How would he even know this unless he was a close confidant of Gruden. Or making it all up.

Justavol is Cindy Gruden.

Reactions: 4 people

I actually noticed the same thing a few days ago when someone brought JAV info. He spoke as much about what Gruden is doing and thinking as he did about the AD.

I actually noticed the same thing a few days ago when someone brought JAV info. He spoke as much about what Gruden is doing and thinking as he did about the AD.

This! I was reading it wondering “how could you possibly know this?”

The masses swear by him.

I’ve never been to 24/7 forums or wherever so idk anything about him.

This! I was reading it wondering “how could you possibly know this?”

The masses swear by him.

I’ve never been to 24/7 forums or wherever so idk anything about him.

LAWSVOL just said "he has good sources" on TOS
I think he was referring to Volbrian but JAV and him both said similar thing tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back