Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously. But he is just the typical bill of goods UT is used to selling to the masses.

I believe that while the Top Men under consideration may not be universal #1 choices, they would be pretty much universally acknowledged as great hires. We've all seen names other than Gruden or Kelly that we would be thrilled to see coaching on the Hill.

I believe that while the Top Men under consideration may not be universal #1 choices, they would be pretty much universally acknowledged as great hires. We've all seen names other than Gruden or Kelly that we would be thrilled to see coaching on the Hill.

Who you got?

The national media would swoon over a Miles hire. See Barnes, Rick.

I just hope one of the names isn’t Miles.

Reactions: 4 people
This! I was reading it wondering “how could you possibly know this?”

The masses swear by him.

I’ve never been to 24/7 forums or wherever so idk anything about him.

I thought the same exact thing. Only 3 ways he would know that much detail about what Gruden is doing/thinking.
1. There have actually been talks with Gruden and he's connected enough to have gotten this info from inside.
2. He knows Gruden personally and speaks with him.
3. He's full of crap.

Reactions: 2 people
Good sources on Gruden? Or UTK. Two completely different parties.

I took it like good UTK sources. He also said, however, he he doesn't see Gruden coming in 2018 and, I'm paraphrasing, some people with good sources just like the attention more than others. He said he thinks UTs market is more Durkin, Brohm and Norvell but that was only his "opinion." He says some at UT aren't on board with Gruden because of a "trust factor." With all that being said...

SOON....

Reactions: 1 person
Who you got?

The question is, if Peyton and Currie put their heads together about the future of Tennessee Football, who would THEY have on the list? I think their Top Men would be names that most of us would say "well yeah, he would be great, but...". This time, petty obstacles that make us say "but" are not going to preclude a great hire.

The national media would swoon over a Miles hire. See Barnes, Rick.

The national media is not impacting this hire. And Les Miles is not a Top Man.

The question is, if Peyton and Currie put their heads together about the future of Tennessee Football, who would THEY have on the list? I think their Top Men would be names that most of us would say "well yeah, he would be great, but...". This time, petty obstacles that make us say "but" are not going to preclude a great hire.

The national media is not impacting this hire. And Les Miles is not a Top Man.

All we can do is hope Gruden says yes. The excitement would be at an all time high for this fan base. We need this

Reactions: 2 people
He’s just past his prime. It would be exactly like hiring Rick Barnes.

Correct. He's 64. The problem with hiring him is there's no longevity. How long will he realistically coach before he decides to retire and we have to find another coach again. It wouldn't be a smart hire.

Let's say Gruden does want to coach Vols. Will ESPN let him out of his contract or does he have to pay them? How does that work?

Reactions: 1 person
Can't speak for the rest of you, but I will not lose a minute of sleep worrying about whether Les Miles is the next head football coach at the University of Tennessee. :)

Not
A
Man.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back