Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so what kinda salary does Jon Gruden command as Tennessee's head coach? Also, what is his required staff salary pool? Let's get some realistic numbers on this.

We all should empty out our bank accounts, stocks, 401ks, checking accounts, etc. and give it all to Lord Gruden and his merry band of Grudenvols staff.
I, for one, am willing to live on tap water and porridge to bring our new Master of the Gridiron to Neyland.

Who is with me? :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
We all should empty out our bank accounts, stocks, 401ks, checking accounts, etc. and give it all to Lord Gruden and his merry band of Grudenvols staff.
I, for one, am willing to live on tap water and porridge to bring our new Master of the Gridiron to Neyland.

Who is with me? :crazy:

The Great Grude is merciful to His faithful... He only requires a 10% tithe.

Reactions: 1 person
Gruden sucking would be an undefeated NC season in which a team accidentally scored a FG against us late in a game.

Think he could suck so much that he would kick a fg on the one yard line with jalen Hurd on the bench? Or, so bad that he'd throw from shotgun 3 times from inside the 10 with the best rb in the sec? He might even be so sucky that when he's down by 10 in a huge away game with 47 seconds left and 3 timeouts in the first half, he takes a knee?

I guess it's possible...

#wggjgs

We gonna get Jon Gruden SOON

Reactions: 2 people
Can we please stop with any thing mentioning Jon Gruden? In jest or otherwise? He's never, ever gonna be the head coach at Tennessee. Ever.

Why you want to make me sad?
Why you want to take away one of my few reasons to live?
Why you want an old man in diapers with few football seasons left ahead of him not to have the dream of his beloved Vols being Coached by the all mighty and powerful Grude.
Why you take my dream away?:sad:

Alright, so what kinda salary does Jon Gruden command as Tennessee's head coach? Also, what is his required staff salary pool? Let's get some realistic numbers on this.

The Grude gets what the grude wants. You can't put a price on relevance.

There was a guy that popped in a few pages back with his first post and said 8+ million for Gruden and 7.7 for assistants. I'm sure he's full of it, but who knows.

Last edited:
I’m just dying laughing at how many times his wiki has been updated to say that he is head coach at Tennessee.

Lol

"Jon David Gruden (born August 17, 1963) is an American former college football player and professional coach. He currently is the head coach at the University of Tennessee. He was the head coach of the Oakland Raiders and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, winning Super Bowl XXXVII in 2003 in his first year with the Buccaneers (defeating the Raiders, who had traded him to Tampa Bay the previous off-season). At the time, Gruden was the youngest head coach ever to win a Super Bowl at age 39 years, 5 months, and 9 days."

There was a guy that popped in a few pages back with his first post and said 8+ million for Gruden and 7.7 for assistants. I'm sure he's full of it, but who knows.

I think it takes 10 mil a year minimum to get him and at least another 8 for assistants.

What is so aggravating is that we could have gotten him for about 6-7 million 5 years ago.

Lol

"Jon David Gruden (born August 17, 1963) is an American former college football player and professional coach. He currently is the head coach at the University of Tennessee. He was the head coach of the Oakland Raiders and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, winning Super Bowl XXXVII in 2003 in his first year with the Buccaneers (defeating the Raiders, who had traded him to Tampa Bay the previous off-season). At the time, Gruden was the youngest head coach ever to win a Super Bowl at age 39 years, 5 months, and 9 days."

I mean, it’s at least the third time in the last two weeks it’s been ‘corrected’. We’ve got some troopers out there keeping the dream alive!

Reactions: 1 person
I’m not as optimistic as some people that if we don’t get Gruden, we’ll still make a great hire. I can believe the people in power are (mostly) willing to do what it takes to get things fixed. I can believe they are excited about the possibility of Gruden in Knoxville. I can also believe they would like the thought of hiring Bob Stoops or Gary Patterson.

But what about when those guys say no? We’ve already heard some people say they wouldn’t want Chip Kelly due to past issues. What about after Kelly? I’m not so sure the big money guys will be united once we get down to the second tier. And once they are no longer united, it becomes a power struggle rather than a coaching search. And when that happens, Tennessee hires Mike Bobo. Or Mike Norwell. Or someone else who shouldn’t be considered.

I have a bad feeling that it’s going to be Gruden or bust, with the odds heavily in favor of bust.

Reactions: 3 people
I’m not as optimistic as some people that if we don’t get Gruden, we’ll still make a great hire. I can believe the people in power are (mostly) willing to do what it takes to get things fixed. I can believe they are excited about the possibility of Gruden in Knoxville. I can also believe they would like the thought of hiring Bob Stoops or Gary Patterson.

But what about when those guys say no? We’ve already heard some people say they wouldn’t want Chip Kelly due to past issues. What about after Kelly? I’m not so sure the big money guys will be united once we get down to the second tier. And once they are no longer united, it becomes a power struggle rather than a coaching search. And when that happens, Tennessee hires Mike Bobo. Or Mike Norwell. Or someone else who shouldn’t be considered.

I have a bad feeling that it’s going to be Gruden or bust, with the odds in favor of bust.

Hey look it's negative Nancy.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back