Recruiting Forum: Official UMASS Pre-Game/Game Thread

Both aren't great, we don't have a large sample size for Guarantano. They babied him his first series. PA Waggle to TE, which everyone knew was coming to get him rhythm stopped for negative gain lmao

He made a throw and a scramble that were good. But again, square peg round hole, no deep shots for Guarantano.
The best thing he showed was not being skittish when a rusher was in his fave, that gives me confidence going forward.
The rest was vanilla and a myriad of oline errors and drops.

SMH losing Ethan Wolfe was huge loss in the run game. He does a lot of the wham and trap blocking.

This team looks lost mostly because the head coach is lost.

Agree with all of this. JG showed more good on that one drop by Brandon Johnson where he stood tall and took a shot than Dormady had all year. IMO he just needs more reps for the game to slow down so he can see the field better.

The playcalling was a mess for JG. The dumb delay draws were killing me, and only one read option.

I haven't read all the negative stuff posted after the game. I know what it says and it was what the team deserves after a disappointing performance. For me, the OL was the biggest disappointment today.

If Butch had lost this game, I think he would be gone by Monday. Since he squeaked by, I think he is good until the Monday after Georgia. I like the guy, but every team left on our schedule could beat us.

Agree with all of this. JG showed more good on that one drop by Brandon Johnson where he stood tall and took a shot than Dormady had all year. IMO he just needs more reps for the game to slow down so he can see the field better.

The playcalling was a mess for JG. The dumb delay draws were killing me, and only one read option.

Exactly this. He probably isn't seeing the field great yet but he is stepping up in the pocket. Just needs a couple complete games to settle in.

Exactly this. He probably isn't seeing the field great yet but he is stepping up in the pocket. Just needs a couple complete games to settle in.

He's pressing trying to impress too because he's not guaranteed to get another series. That drop by Johnson looked like he wasn't expecting to get that ball with his QB under pressure.

That's why people saying QD is waaayyy ahead are crazy. If they look the same and he's been playing all year then bench him. If he's already hanging in there like that already and he's younger start him. The starter hates pressure and Georgia/Bama/LSU will all come after him.

That's why people saying QD is waaayyy ahead are crazy. If they look the same and he's been playing all year then bench him. If he's already hanging in there like that already and he's younger start him. The starter hates pressure and Georgia/Bama/LSU will all come after him.

I had hoped you were wrong about QD but you weren't. He is slower than I thought but the worst part is he is scared in the pocket and locks into his WR every time. I honestly can't remember one time he didn't eye down the WR he decided he was gonna go to pre-snap. If he isn't stepping into his throws by now he isn't suddenly gonna start when we play better teams.

You're not wrong. QD had gotten a fair shot and he's not getting better. I've reached the point where I'm fine with either one starting.

I had hoped you were wrong about QD but you weren't. He is slower than I thought but the worst part is he is scared in the pocket and locks into his WR every time. I honestly can't remember one time he didn't eye down the WR he decided he was gonna go to pre-snap. If he isn't stepping into his throws by now he isn't suddenly gonna start when we play better teams.

He looks like #FOOD to defenses. Throwing off his backfoot scary is pick 6 city.

Hardly ever start new threads but even more rarely get this close to conceding a current coach has lost the grasp on their team. Holding out for the end of the UGA game, but what we saw out there today was the 2011 Kentucky game...not last week. And the last thing anyone that backs this team needs to hear is "resiliency". Reserve the right to declare this thread reactionary and premature but those with honest assessments of me know I wait for facts to become so. Have fun with this mea culpa...I need mind-numbing agents. :pinch:

:hi:

Is it just me or do you all really could care less when we suck to watch other football games? This time last year I could not get enough. Now I don't care.

Is it just me or do you all really could care less when we suck to watch other football games? This time last year I could not get enough. Now I don't care.

I actually didn't get into CFB to the point of watching it all day on Saturdays until around 2008-2009 or so, so I'm used to us sucking. I look forward to the season to see the Vols play, of course, but also because of its sheer entertainment value. Rooting against EVERY SEC team also makes every week pretty fun, because inevitably a team will **** the bed.

Agree completely. I had so much interest in them I hit the golf course for 9 holes until tonight's better games came on.

He can't. The team won't play for him. If this is truly the case, Currie needs to pull the plug tomorrow. End of story.

So why the fight to the end with tech and florida. You guys are overreacting about the locker room issue. ITS BAD QB PLAY. I told friends the season would come down to that. I thought we were in decent shape but couldn't have been more wrong.

I am definitely over it. I never want Tennessee to lose, but I want Butch gone asap so I am perfectly fine with losing to GA if that expedites the process and that is painful to admit. Also, I think this rumor about JJ having quit is very telling (if true). What the hell is going on in this locker room?

Nice to get a win

Big game next week. Huge game

Season on the line. Win and we are very much in the east race, with a strong chance at a 9 win season. Lose and well you can kiss it goodbye.

Side note, not sure why a lot of people were expecting us to blowout Umass.

Defense is clicking. Kongbo was mauling people in the 2nd half.

Good play by the defense as a whole. Good things from the CB's. Emmanuel has had a pretty solid year so far.

VN Store

Back