Recruiting Forum: Official UMASS Pre-Game/Game Thread

Season on the line. Win and we are very much in the east race, with a strong chance at a 9 win season. Lose and well you can kiss it goodbye.

Side note, not sure why a lot of people were expecting us to blowout Umass.

Because it’s freaking Umass. A team that hasn’t won a game yet. A team that only had over 100 yards rushing in one other game against Hawaii and they had almost 150 against us and out gained us on the ground by almost 10 yards.

I would’ve been okay with a close score had we dominated but we didn’t. Umass looked like the more efficient team for most of the game.

Nothing in that game screamed "Defense is clicking," but that's just me.

What? The defense dominated with the exception of that one 2nd had lapse. Now if you say that they dominated because the opponent was bad on offense then that is valid. But specifically our DL annihilated their OL in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: 1 person
What? The defense dominated with the exception of that one 2nd had lapse. Now if you say that they dominated because the opponent was bad on offense then that is valid. But specifically our DL annihilated their OL in the 4th quarter.

I would expect them to. "Clicking" to me is not waiting until the fourth quarter to dominate possibly the worst team in FBS. I would expect domination in that scenario on depth alone.

I can see this devolving into a discussion on semantics so that's my viewpoint. If you see it differently, you're entitled.

So why the fight to the end with tech and florida. You guys are overreacting about the locker room issue. ITS BAD QB PLAY. I told friends the season would come down to that. I thought we were in decent shape but couldn't have been more wrong.

OL play was very bad yesterday. Neither QB had any time to throw most of the day. When he did, QD looked solid. I quit counting the times JK got hit in the backfield by an LB shooting a gap. There were 8 times by the half. JK didn't have as many attempts in 2nd half, but I would say he got hit a minimum of 10 times in the backfield on 25 attempts. That's 40% of his carries. That's awful. I realize UMass was putting a lot of guys in the box, but the OL was just lathargic the entire game.

OL play was very bad yesterday. Neither QB had any time to throw most of the day. When he did, QD looked solid. I quit counting the times JK got hit in the backfield by an LB shooting a gap. There were 8 times by the half. JK didn't have as many attempts in 2nd half, but I would say he got hit a minimum of 10 times in the backfield on 25 attempts. That's 40% of his carries. That's awful. I realize UMass was putting a lot of guys in the box, but the OL was just lathargic the entire game.

I can agree with this. It was bad. At times, WR's were not open or getting seperation. That was also bad. However, I saw so much poor decision making and no improvising by the QB's. QD looks like a robot out there. The O was horrible and regardless, we get bad QB play. Honestly, I was hoping Scott would bring a new perspective and we would see some nice things on offense but I hate this scheme. You literally just get everybody on the tail back and dare them to do anything different to keep you from that. Most of JK's runs but not all, he is hit and has to break a tackle to have a big run. It's freaking UM ASS

Only because their future NFL qb got hurt.....

The opponent obviously wasn’t inspiring, but I’m happy with the defensive effort there.

I hear what you are saying. I imagine Bama wasn't exactly inspired by the Vandy game and they took them to the woodshed like every other opponent they face.

VN Store

Back