Recruiting Forum: Official UMASS Pre-Game/Game Thread

We may have struggled to beat UMass...but at least we;re not...USCe, who is losing to La Tech....lol

At least La Tech is 2-1, unlike the 0-4 team we skated by today. Not attacking you either, BB...just making the obvious reply to what you stated.

Oh, one other thing...I was all for seeing what JG could do again. However, for all those wanting him over QD, you are crazy. He's not ready and it's not even close. Looked terrible. Threw one beautiful ball, and honestly it looked like Johnson lackadaisically dropped it on purpose, which made me continue to think that there's a huge division in the locker room. JG shouldn't get anymore snaps again unless it's in garbage time, which if Butch remains the coach, he may get a lot garbage time when we are down 3-4 TDs.

Oh yeah, throw that draw play that takes about 10 seconds to develop out of the play book!! If you would hand it off after about a 1.5 second delay then it would be successful, but we hold it way too long.

That draw play was killing me, esp when we left the backside DE unblocked

That draw play was killing me, esp when we left the backside DE unblocked

When we hold it for about 1.5 secs, it is successful. JK has broken a couple of long ones when timed correctly. Problem is both QD and JG have held it for what seems like 5-6 secs.

well at least we didn't have to kick a field goal with 4 secs left in the game to win. That's something. Right guys? Right?

Guys?

Hello?

Haha yep. We don't have a good QB on our roster right now. Both of them can be good, but neither One is.

Both aren't great, we don't have a large sample size for Guarantano. They babied him his first series. PA Waggle to TE, which everyone knew was coming to get him rhythm stopped for negative gain lmao

He made a throw and a scramble that were good. But again, square peg round hole, no deep shots for Guarantano.
The best thing he showed was not being skittish when a rusher was in his fave, that gives me confidence going forward.
The rest was vanilla and a myriad of oline errors and drops.

SMH losing Ethan Wolfe was huge loss in the run game. He does a lot of the wham and trap blocking.

This team looks lost mostly because the head coach is lost.

Reactions: 1 person
Nope. Seems like Jimbo struggles to keep more than1 good QB at a time on the roster.

Did you watch the game? Blackman will probably be better than Francois in the long run.
The problem with FSU is The OLINE and their defense. QB played really well. Especially considering the truck stick type hits he took all game from Chubb. This FSU QB will be a STAR.

Did you watch the game? Blackman will probably be better than Francois in the long run.
The problem with FSU is The OLINE and their defense. QB played really well. Especially considering the truck stick type hits he took all game from Chubb. This FSU QB will be a STAR.

No, didn't watch the game.

VN Store

Back