Recruiting Forum: Official UMASS Pre-Game/Game Thread

I think you nailed it. Did anyone hear Butch's interview with the lady from SEC Network right after the game? He said something along the lines of "everyone within the program is going to have decide what they are going to do on a day to day basis". First thing I thought of is there is a serious problem in the locker room, and I fully think he's lost the locker room. I'm starting to wonder if some of these players are refusing to play, like Jashon, Austin Smith, Evan Berry, etc.

Hope everyone is prepared to get smashed next week. Georgia will come in and wipe the floor with us...probably something along the lines of 38-6. Today was the worst game I've seen a Butch-led team play.

I thought the same things. Definitely something bad wrong in the locker room. If that is true I don't think he can come back from it.

Lol bama get beat by Vandy. I told y'all last week to let them play somebody before crowning them.

And SC got a close fluky win against NCST

Yes, it's always interesting to watch an East team (besides us) play Bama. It's never pretty.

I think you nailed it. Did anyone hear Butch's interview with the lady from SEC Network right after the game? He said something along the lines of "everyone within the program is going to have decide what they are going to do on a day to day basis". First thing I thought of is there is a serious problem in the locker room, and I fully think he's lost the locker room. I'm starting to wonder if some of these players are refusing to play, like Jashon, Austin Smith, Evan Berry, etc.

Hope everyone is prepared to get smashed next week. Georgia will come in and wipe the floor with us...probably something along the lines of 38-6. Today was the worst game I've seen a Butch-led team play.

And when that happens Butch should be fired immediately

Sure am glad John Kelly got a breather today so he would be nice and rested up for Georgia.

Blue Font

I thought the same things. Definitely something bad wrong in the locker room. If that is true I don't think he can come back from it.

He can't. The team won't play for him. If this is truly the case, Currie needs to pull the plug tomorrow. End of story.

Amen.

No matter how frustrated some of us might get or what we think about coaches/playcalling/personnel we only 12 guaranteed Saturday’s like this a year.

We all love the Vols, let’s try and enjoy it. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks man. It's been a hell of a week. 20 years at a place and he's just gone.

And when that happens Butch should be fired immediately

I think it needs to happen tomorrow. I hate even talking about this and tried to refrain from it this past week after the FL debacle. However, it's clear he has lost this team, and since he has, if he remains the coach, most of this team will continue to not play for him, which equates to many losses. Many losses = being fired. So, question is, why not do it now, allow the team to rally around an interim like Scott or Gillespie, and show a future coach the type of talent we have to come in and coach? If Butch stays, we run the risk of losing talent to transfers as well as recruits, in addition to a ton of games. It's a lose-lose, IMHO, by keeping him now. Could be a win-win by asking him to step down tomorrow.

Oh, one other thing...I was all for seeing what JG could do again. However, for all those wanting him over QD, you are crazy. He's not ready and it's not even close. Looked terrible. Threw one beautiful ball, and honestly it looked like Johnson lackadaisically dropped it on purpose, which made me continue to think that there's a huge division in the locker room. JG shouldn't get anymore snaps again unless it's in garbage time, which if Butch remains the coach, he may get a lot garbage time when we are down 3-4 TDs.

Oh yeah, throw that draw play that takes about 10 seconds to develop out of the play book!! If you would hand it off after about a 1.5 second delay then it would be successful, but we hold it way too long.

Butch may have lost the team, but it's ridiculous to think that a Vol legacy like Berry and a kid that can't stay healthy and has maybe played one game in his whole career, Smith are refusing to play. There are plenty of problems in the locker room but I guarantee that's not one of 'em

Hardly ever start new threads but even more rarely get this close to conceding a current coach has lost the grasp on their team. Holding out for the end of the UGA game, but what we saw out there today was the 2011 Kentucky game...not last week. And the last thing anyone that backs this team needs to hear is "resiliency". Reserve the right to declare this thread reactionary and premature but those with honest assessments of me know I wait for facts to become so. Have fun with this mea culpa...I need mind-numbing agents. :pinch:

I think it needs to happen tomorrow. I hate even talking about this and tried to refrain from it this past week after the FL debacle. However, it's clear he has lost this team, and since he has, if he remains the coach, most of this team will continue to not play for him, which equates to many losses. Many losses = being fired. So, question is, why not do it now, allow the team to rally around an interim like Scott or Gillespie, and show a future coach the type of talent we have to come in and coach? If Butch stays, we run the risk of losing talent to transfers as well as recruits, in addition to a ton of games. It's a lose-lose, IMHO, by keeping him now. Could be a win-win by asking him to step down tomorrow.

Completely agree. It also lets us get a head start over the other teams that will be searching for coaches. We can throw the bank and Kelly before anyone else does.

We may have struggled to beat UMass...but at least we;re not...USCe, who is losing to La Tech....lol

Completely agree. It also lets us get a head start over the other teams that will be searching for coaches. We can throw the bank and Kelly before anyone else does.

I don't really care if it's Kelly or not at this point. I just want to have someone right now for this season that this team will rally around and play their hearts out for. It used to be Butch, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

Hardly ever start new threads but even more rarely get this close to conceding a current coach has lost the grasp on their team. Holding out for the end of the UGA game, but what we saw out there today was the 2011 Kentucky game...not last week. And the last thing anyone that backs this team needs to hear is "resiliency". Reserve the right to declare this thread reactionary and premature but those with honest assessments of me know I wait for facts to become so. Have fun with this mea culpa...I need mind-numbing agents. :pinch:
Troy 2.0 IMO

I'm with you about the Georgia game. Lose that one and I'm a card carrying member of the Fire Butch crowd.

VN Store

Back