Recruiting Forum: Official UMASS Pre-Game/Game Thread

Wheels off?

tt90ciyowob5ybblzeap.gif

I think half of the team has quit on Jones. UT's QBs have potential, but right now, both are average at best. Play calling and the offensive line sucked today. The defense and Shoop saved Butch from being fired, immediately after the game, but if UMass' starting QB doesn't get hurt, UT probably loses. I don't understand why Callaway had no touches or even targets on offense 2day. I want Butch fired NOW, but I know it won't happen. I can't believe how bad this team is coached, it's embarrassing. But, despite all that, the Vols are 3-1 and if by some miracle we beat UGA next week, this season could still be salvaged.

I think half of the team has quit on Jones. UT's QBs have potential, but right now, both are average at best. Play calling and the offensive line sucked today. The defense and Shoop saved Butch from being fired, immediately after the game, but if UMass' starting QB doesn't get hurt, UT probably loses. I don't understand why Callaway had no touches or even targets on offense 2day. I want Butch fired NOW, but I know it won't happen. I can't believe how bad this team is coached, it's embarrassing. But, despite all that, the Vols are 3-1 and if by some miracle we beat UGA next week, this season could still be salvaged.

Even if he finds the magic next week he's on a week to week string IMO

InVol, surely your booster friend isn't still supporting Butch after today. Surely Currie is making his list as we speak - it's over we are Dooleyesque if not worse at this point.

Our problems are much greater than the QB position. I sense something very wrong in the locker room. I'm not sure it can be fixed.

I think you nailed it. Did anyone hear Butch's interview with the lady from SEC Network right after the game? He said something along the lines of "everyone within the program is going to have decide what they are going to do on a day to day basis". First thing I thought of is there is a serious problem in the locker room, and I fully think he's lost the locker room. I'm starting to wonder if some of these players are refusing to play, like Jashon, Austin Smith, Evan Berry, etc.

Hope everyone is prepared to get smashed next week. Georgia will come in and wipe the floor with us...probably something along the lines of 38-6. Today was the worst game I've seen a Butch-led team play.

VN Store

Back