Official Game Thread: Championship Game Oregon vs Ohio State. 8:30 PM

It's a dick move when UO does it too and I would not condone us not taking a knee up 2 scores in that situation. Up 7-8? Yes. Not up 15 when its 1st and goal.

The fact it came against Oregon who routinely does it, I have no problem with it.

I also have no doubt Butch would've taken a knee. Just like we called off the dogs against Iowa.

I have been saying for a few years that Oregon and TAM are actually very easy to defend, IF you have a good defensive line. I don't hate Oregon and TAM but I don't have much respect for that type of football, if you want to call it that. Their passing games are actually pretty poor if they get into predictable passing situations, in the case of TAM that is pretty much a given since they don't even attempt to run the ball.

Can teams win with less running this gimmick, yup, do I clap with they get thumped, yup. :clapping::clapping:

I think Oregon and TAM should start a flag football division because that is what it really is. Live by the sword (flag football strategy) die by the sword. That might not have been a butchering on the scoreboard because of the turnovers but it was a butchering in the trenches.

Reactions: 1 person
The fact it came against Oregon who routinely does it, I have no problem with it.

I also have no doubt Butch would've taken a knee. Just like we called off the dogs against Iowa.

I fundamentally do not understand the idea that taking a knee or scoring less points is 'good sportsmanship.' Is it worse to lose by 40 points, or to know that the other team was so much better they had to stop playing so as to not hurt your feelings?

Games are played to be won or lost. Why is it perceived as classy for the better team to quit when the beaten team could simply wave the white flag and call the game? There is mockery in pity. There is no mockery in going all out and competing until the last whistle.

If you don't want the possibility of a loss, don't play. If you are worried about how a score in a game might make you feel, play a game that doesn't keep score.

If you do decide to play, ask for no quarter and give none. The honor is in taking the big win or the humiliating loss knowing you did everything you could, and so did your opponent.

I don't care so much as I was just curious as to why so many people hated either Urban Meyer or OSU or both. I sat in a bar with a girlfriend of mine watching the game with her trying to tell me reasons for why she hoped Urban Meyer lost that game. Not a single valid explanation came from out of her unfounded disdain for the man. It was all stupid childish grudges backed up by mostly nothing.

I'm not defending him as I don't have the same viewpoint as clearly some others in this thread. Again, perhaps I'm simply trying to find someone who can legitimately defend their hatred toward him.

I watched two games of him coaching virtually back to back and not one thing I saw from him screamed "I'm a giant pulsating jackass". The man stood there on the sidelines with his clearly underestimated team and proceeded to put two very highly ranked teams in their place. The man is obviously a damn good coach that knows what he's doing, plain and simple.

No one has denied he's a good coach. He's one of the top 2-3 in football.

Reason 1 why he's a jackass: when he took the OSU job and was recruiting against UF he told kids and parents that UF was a dumpster fire full of thugs and that the program lacked discipline.

Those same "thugs" were HIS recruits. Muschamp had to clean up his mess and try to institute some discipline. Muschamp's first order of business, was kicking Janoris Jenkins (his best DB) off for another failed drug test. Afterwards, Jenkins told the press if CUM was still coaching UF he'd still be on the team. Word has it Muschamp called Meyer and told him where to stick it after his negative recruiting tactics.

In 2006 he suspended a DT for 2 games for an arrest or failed drug test. He suspended him for the UK game the week before UT, brought him back for UT and then suspended him for his 2nd game the week after UT when they played a directional OOC game.

He told the world his family comes first and coaching took too much time way from what's important. He admitted he hadnt seen either one of his daughters play college volleyball and that he'd never even seen the Florida Gulf Coast Univ campus where one of them played, despite Ft Myers only being 4 hrs from Gainesville. Then proceeds to take a job a year later, 18 hrs from her campus (maybe she had graduated by then, I don't know). If he had said "I'm tired of living in Gainesville" or "it's simply time for me and UF to part ways" etc I don't think anyone would've said anything. Its when he used the family deal and made it sound sincere then turned around and went right back to coaching that made people question his character.

No one has denied he's a good coach. He's one of the top 2-3 in football.

Reason 1 why he's a jackass: when he took the OSU job and was recruiting against UF he told kids and parents that UF was a dumpster fire full of thugs and that the program lacked discipline.

Those same "thugs" were HIS recruits. Muschamp had to clean up his mess and try to institute some discipline. Muschamp's first order of business, was kicking Janoris Jenkins (his best DB) off for another failed drug test. Afterwards, Jenkins told the press if CUM was still coaching UF he'd still be on the team. Word has it Muschamp called Meyer and told him where to stick it after his negative recruiting tactics.

In 2006 he suspended a DT for 2 games for an arrest or failed drug test. He suspended him for the UK game the week before UT, brought him back for UT and then suspended him for his 2nd game the week after UT when they played a directional OOC game.

He told the world his family comes first and coaching took too much time way from what's important. He admitted he hadnt seen either one of his daughters play college volleyball and that he'd never even seen the Florida Gulf Coast Univ campus where one of them played, despite Ft Myers only being 4 hrs from Gainesville. Then proceeds to take a job a year later, 18 hrs from her campus (maybe she had graduated by then, I don't know). If he had said "I'm tired of living in Gainesville" or "it's simply time for me and UF to part ways" etc I don't think anyone would've said anything. Its when he used the family deal and made it sound sincere then turned around and went right back to coaching that made people question his character.

She hasnt graduated yet.....

1409778741003-GigiJr4.jpg

Too bad we didn't play them after Dobbs became the starter. Should've beat UGA too.

2010 - if that desperation fake punt doesn't work
2011 - if Hunter doesn't get injured
2012 - if Sunseri wasn't our DC
2013 - if Worley started instead of Peterman
2014 - if Dobbs started instead of Worley

Reactions: 1 person
2010 - if that desperation fake punt doesn't work
2011 - if Hunter doesn't get injured
2012 - if Sunseri wasn't our DC
2013 - if Worley started instead of Peterman
2014 - if Dobbs started instead of Worley

If aunt Betty had gonads, she'd be uncle Bob.

Saban has 4 National titles, 6 conference titles, and a 177-59-1 record and is 63.

Meyer has 3 National titles, 5 conference titles, and a 144-26 record and is 50.

I'd say there's a question.

Ok, there's a question.

Still. Saban > Meyer

Think what we saw was a lot more a case of "finesse play going against power" than it was "the QB's not good."

he just needs to work on the NFL style passing - he may go pro, but he will sit for 2 seasons to learn it. PM and Andrew Lucks that walk into the NFL and start right away are becoming rare with the way college offenses are being run these days.

VN Store

Back