Official Game Thread: Championship Game Oregon vs Ohio State. 8:30 PM

Gotta give it to Meyer. Guy is a winner. Gets it done in 2 years again. The best coach in college football. I hate saying that but I'm realistic. Tough winning a championship within 2 years at uf and does it again at osu.

Not to take anything away but he did walk into full rosters at both FL and TOSU. He didn't really build them as much as elevate to the next level.

Then again tOSU was already winning 11-12 games a year with Tressel.

My niece is married to one. But dang I dislike Ohio State and hate Urban Meyer. Still no excuse to get irrational. I actually had to pray for forgiveness for my ridiculous post.

I apologize to all for my over the top post. They were stupid and yes like my comments about Urban Meyer classless

It's cool man.

That Oregon coaching staff should be walking back home. They got out coached up and down the field by a guy with a third string QB.

42-20 OSU. The OSU slurpfest is in full swing. Bama license plates are littering roadways throughout the country in exchange for OSU plates.

Crap... Urban Cryer wins another one. I could give him props for being a good coach if he wasn't such a classless jerk. Enjoy your ESPN love fest for the next year suckeyes because I hope Harbaugh comes in and stomps a mudhole in you.... rant over..

Dick move hell, how many times could Oregon hit the brakes this year? Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

If it was UT you'd be screaming for 50.

It's a dick move when UO does it too and I would not condone us not taking a knee up 2 scores in that situation. Up 7-8? Yes. Not up 15 when its 1st and goal.

Maybe, but that defense was also shown for what it really was.

I thought the Oregon coach lost his team before the game with those last minute suspensions. They know in advance when those test are coming so how can you not be prepared.

I thought the Oregon coach lost his team before the game with those last minute suspensions. They know in advance when those test are coming so how can you not be prepared.

Maybe, but it was like 2 guys. Shouldn't have effected the others.

I think we just saw...well, focus on one side of the ball. Oregon was designed around scoring points, but the defense was only done around the idea of forcing turnovers when teams tried to keep up (or just to allow Oregon to score more and/or widen the gap).

It was never really good enough of a defense to win games without the offense scoring quite a bit. (Plus OSU seemed to exploit it with the run the same way as what won Arizona its first matchup with Oregon.)

Last edited:
Oh. One of my friends from high school played D1 basketball, and said coaches pretty much told them when they'd be tested

Oh, no. They likely knew they were going to be tested.

(I thought you were saying the schools would prevent a positive test result or not let the NCAA know the actual results.)

But there's nothing any of the teams here could really do other than let the players know before the holidays...and hopefully none of them do anything. (To be fair, only 2 out of what 70-80 did something.)

I know of 2 Ole Miss players (not saying names) that use a back-up QB's pee for all their DT's. So I guess whoever comes in and gives them isn't very strict about the testing.

I know of 2 Ole Miss players (not saying names) that use a back-up QB's pee for all their DT's. So I guess whoever comes in and gives them isn't very strict about the testing.

Are those for the school's own testings though?

The issue here was a test done by the NCAA of the players before the CFP final game. (I can't say for certain, though, whether this specific test applies to all bowl games or just the CFP games...just not fully familiar with it.)

edit: found this
The NCAA tests athletes only at postseason events, so the players should have known they were coming.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back