Official Game Thread: Championship Game Oregon vs Ohio State. 8:30 PM

easier to win at OSU than Bama. Odds are already pointing in his favor.

Probably, but depends on what happens with Michigan (Harbaugh), Michigan State, and Penn State (Franklin). They'll have to play those 3 every season. (Looks like they play MSU and UM back to back next year.)

Plus they move to a 9 conference game format after next season.

(And the home and homes with OU, TCU, Oregon, same-season Texas+ND over the next 8 seasons)

he just needs to work on the NFL style passing - he may go pro, but he will sit for 2 seasons to learn it. PM and Andrew Lucks that walk into the NFL and start right away are becoming rare with the way college offenses are being run these days.

They were pretty rare in general to begin with.

Actually, very rare...and not because of the offenses run in college

They were pretty rare in general to begin with.

Actually, very rare...and not because of the offenses run in college

notice both stayed all 4 season too - there is no minor leagues in the NFL -- Have you heard if Dak Prescott is leaving this season ?

I just got back from the game, I sat behind the ducks bench on the 30 yard line. At least 6 ducks fans stop and told me how much they enjoyed the trip to Knoxville and how much the enjoy the Vols Fan base! Just to let you know we are the Best fans in America! P.s. Buckeye fans are annoying!

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, people were laughing at the prospect of Meyer turning around Ohio State 3 years, or Saban turning around Alabama 7 years ago too. For that matter,
people were still laughing at Butch Jones and his quest to turn UT around just a few months ago.

Dont underestimate Harbaugh, its stupid to do so.

I am not saying he will not bring Michigan back into prominence but some people are acting like he is the next Saban. It is gonna take a little while to rebuild.

Also with Meyer, it wasn't as if OSU was in shambles. He didn't really have to turn that much around. Tressel had already laid the foundation.

notice both stayed all 4 season too - there is no minor leagues in the NFL -- Have you heard if Dak Prescott is leaving this season ?

Luck left after his junior year.

That's not quite the point though, either. What I was saying was that the already "ready to start their rookie year, [mega] superstar" QBs like those two are rare to begin with, period.

It's not really their style or type of offense that they played in at college that made them that much better, either.

But, most all of the position - good QBs or average ones - have a learning curve of a year (or sometimes two to three) once they get to the pros, regardless of their college system.

-----

As far as Dak, I thought I saw a report that he was leaving on the first, but then I could have sworn he responded to it saying that he hadn't decided yet.

Edit: As of 7:15 pm tonight, looks like he's staying at Miss St.

Dak Prescott returning to Mississippi State - ESPN

Last edited:
Mariotta should stay in school -- has alot to work on

I would be very suspect drafting a QB from that type of system unless you are the Eagles. You might have better luck than Johnny Football but long-term I don't see it happening with these type of guys.

VN Store

Back