Liberty Bowl Twitter account's last two follows: Josh Dobbs & WVU QB Clint Trickett

Reading all these complaints about possibly heading to Memphis is so frustrating to me. I spent my whole life there, with the exception of the last year in Atlanta. Does it suck in certain areas? Yes. For those of you so quick to judge, I'll be happy to fill you in on the absolute best places in the city to visit if you decide to get off the high horse and head west. If you don't want to come, don't come. I'll be home for Christmas and I'll be more than happy to take those tickets off your hands and cheer on our Vols! That is all.
I'll gladly take some advice on places to go and hotel recommendations as well.

Funny, but I went to a game there two years ago with a buddy from TCU. The people could not have been nicer. We were invited to join numerous tailgates. TCU won the game. Still no problems.

Maybe you are doing something to bring this on yourself?
Umm no. Never said it happened to me, just have seen it first hand.

Funny, but I went to a game there two years ago with a buddy from TCU. The people could not have been nicer. We were invited to join numerous tailgates. TCU won the game. Still no problems.

Maybe you are doing something to bring this on yourself?

LSU fans beaten in traffic after WVU game | News | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"The victims, three men and a pregnant woman, were attacked while trying to leave a parking area near the football stadium, Ford said."

I went to 90% of the home games while a student there. The above story is not an exception, it happens frequently.

Do they have a hotel next to the police station?

Representing North Knox in stereotypical style. I don't understand the fuss. If you're too bigoted to leave the suburbs of Knoxville, then just be quiet and watch the game from your comfy and safe couch.

Reactions: 5 people
Some of you are gonna miss out on a lot of fun. Memphis (party city) with WVU (party school)

It's gonna be very fun, if you can get over yourselves

Honesty, I just have no desire to go to Memphis. If it's Nashville or Charlotte, I plan to go. If not, I'll watch from home. We'll sell out our allotment either way.

Since beating that left student in coma, his father has kept a constant vigil

"After Ryan backed away, Jonathon May, a WVU student, sneaked up and punched him in the face. Ryan never struck anyone. After Ryan fell, Austin Vantrease, 19, kicked him in the head with a motion that a witness compared to "punting" a football, the detective said. May was later convicted of misdemeanor battery and sentenced to a year in prison; Vantrease was charged with malicious assault, a felony. "

This poor kid is still in a coma. Ran into some awesome WVU students/fans.

Honesty, I just have no desire to go to Memphis. If it's Nashville or Charlotte, I plan to go. If not, I'll watch from home. We'll sell out our allotment either way.

Now Nashville is being mentioned for UT by a Louisville hack

Laura: I think most of the fans reaction is not to the city, but to the fact that we will likely face a very tough WVU team at the Liberty, and we have a much better shot to win in the Belk bowl. it is important to have a winning season at this point, and that is my biggest concern with this bowl selection.

There's something liberating about not having a choice.

Im thankful for a bowl, but I hope we don't play WVY, or Louisville. Either one are not exciting and would probably beat us. ND is more appealing to me, or Tx and like our chances better

Liberty Bowl checklist
tickets, orange bulletproof vest

You're such an amazing contributor to VN. Your last like 5 posts have been ignorant dismissals of Memphis, and complaining about the game being there. If you have nothing more worthwhile to say, at least do us the favor of only saying it once.

Reactions: 8 people
You're such an amazing contributor to VN. Your last like 5 posts have been ignorant dismissals of Memphis, and complaining about the game being there. If you have nothing more worthwhile to say, at least do us the favor of only saying it once.

And your last 5 posts have been defending Memphis. Give it up, everyone knows Memphis is a ****hole.

Reactions: 9 people

Maybe if they could lower that crime rate a little, the jokes would stop. Until then, fire away.

Reactions: 2 people
And your last 5 posts have been defending Memphis. Give it up, everyone knows Memphis is a ****hole.

My last 5 posts have been responding to people who have been ignorantly dismissing Memphis. NorthKnox has just been randomly spewing his nonsense in both threads.

If you guys are scared of effing Memphis, I'd love for some of you to tag along with me the next time I have to go to Detroit.

Ha, that's where I live. Well, mineral wells. My mom left here at 18 too, met my dad in Knoxville, and we moved back here when I was in high school.

All of her brothers live in Mineral Wells .Took my son to Canton on our last visit up there . Will be up there this spring to visit .:thumbsup:

VN Store

Back