Practice #4 - Updates

I suspect that Butch is just wanting all the QB's to be ready to start if needed, as well as having the team be prepared to play regardless of who the QB is. That's not a bad idea, since we went through QB's like tissues last season.

Reactions: 3 people
And people wonder why no one gives us respect :lolabove:

Yep.it has been a long dry spell. The last SEC Championship was in 1998. The last championship level team was in 2001. We had a few good years scattered from 2002-2007 but none were championship level,IMO.

Trains them to stay low thru the routes and it helps visualize routes some but mostly used to keep them low to the ground. Running routes straight up is easier but the routes aren't as crisp

Thanks! I find the drills they run interesting since the only thing I ever did was kick a football once or twice :good!:

Yep.it has been a long dry spell. The last SEC Championship was in 1998. The last championship level team was in 2001. We had a few good years scattered from 2002-2007 but none were championship level,IMO.

Was it the 2006 team that had the overhyped "best O line in the country" tag?

I don't know how many different ways I can say this: Butch shouldn't hand the job to someone who hasn't earned it. I, like many others, believe Worley earned the job with his play last year before his injury and will be the starter against Utah State.

Do you honestly think Dobbs or Peterman is going to be named the starter? Worley is going to be the guy, barring something unforeseen. It's just a matter of when Butch decides to announce it.

How did he earn it? By completing 52% with 3 tds and 4 ints vs SEC teams? He was very average last year. No one was happy with his qb play last year. He is still throwing passes in the dirt. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the three start really.

How did he earn it? By completing 52% with 3 tds and 4 ints vs SEC teams? He was very average last year. No one was happy with his qb play last year. He is still throwing passes in the dirt. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the three start really.

He earned it by beating South Carolina and nearly beating Georgia while playing better than any other quarterback on the roster.

I don't know how many different ways I can say this: Butch shouldn't hand the job to someone who hasn't earned it. I, like many others, believe Worley earned the job with his play last year before his injury and will be the starter against Utah State.

Do you honestly think Dobbs or Peterman is going to be named the starter? Worley is going to be the guy, barring something unforeseen. It's just a matter of when Butch decides to announce it.

He also had a better Spring than any of the others and was very good in the Spring Game..... vs the #1 Defense. It's gonna be Worley, let's just get on with it and get as sharp as we can with him taking the lion share of reps IMHO.

Die hard ut fan here.. Is it a small possibility that maybe, just maybe, all three of them suck. Let's be honest ut fans.. They all looked bad last year if were judging them as sec qbs. IMO- whoever gets the starting job will be the qb who just isn't as bad as the others.. But either way you slice it our qb is going to be the weakest spot on our team. And that just so happens to be the most important position. As much as I'm ready for a winner just like everybody here, this will not be the year. I believe in coach jones and think hell bring us back. Just not with these qbs and not this year. 5-7 is most likely our record. And 6-6 would be a blessing. Next year tho.. Watch out

Last edited:
The problem seems to be that no one plays the best consistently. So it will probably be Worley, due to seniority.

Die hard ut fan here.. Is it a small possibility that maybe, just maybe, all three of them suck. Let's be honest ut fans.. They all looked bad last year if were judging them as sec qbs. IMO- whoever gets the starting job will be the qb who just isn't as bad as the others.. But either way you slice it our qb is going to be the weakest spot on our team. And that just so happens to be the most important position. As much as I'm ready for a winner just like everybody here, this will not be the year. I believe in coach jones and think hell bring us back. Just not with these qbs and not this year. 5-7 is most likely our record. And 6-6 would be a blessing. Next year tho.. Watch out

Nice first post and welcome to VolNation! :hi:

Since I'm a realist and don't have lofty expectations for this season, I agree that 6-6 would be a good record for this team. A bowl game would be a good sign that the program is on the way back.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, this is just classic. The savior of UT football is someone who hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet.

I guess you enjoy mediocre QB play. Watch his film. Study where he places the football. There is a reason why Alabama put a all out blitz on to get this kid away from us. I don't recall Saban recruiting any of the guys we have here now.

You'll be depressed for longer than 2 weeks as we start losing '15 commits one by one. 5-7 will make that a reality.

I don't think 6 wins and a 2 hour drive west on 40 to our bowl game is asking too much.

Like you, I also see 7 wins and a possible trip to the Peach or Outback Bowl.

5-7 or 6-6 is not much different to a kid that isn't on campus yet.

Didn't hurt us last year as we finished with D Scott - who chose us over 11 win SCar

Thanks for the greeting! Just for the record I hope beyond hope cbj and our team makes me eat all my words and shocks everybody. I just think we're one qb away right now. I so hope I'm wrong.. Gbo

I guess you enjoy mediocre QB play. Watch his film. Study where he places the football. There is a reason why Alabama put a all out blitz on to get this kid away from us. I don't recall Saban recruiting any of the guys we have here now.

Like Hurd... Sutton...Sanders?

All of this is irrelevant. The kid has yet to play a down and he is already being called the future and savior. Kendall has not played a down in college and he is being called the future. How about we let these kids get here and actually play some before heaping huge expectations on their heads?

There is absolutely zero guarantee that Dormady will succeed here. I think he will but at this point it's all speculation until he gets here and actually proves it. Worley was the Gatorade HS player of the year and look how he has turned out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back