Practice #4 - Updates

All of this is irrelevant. The kid has yet to play a down and he is already being called the future and savior. Kendall has not played a down in college and he is being called the future. How about we let these kids get here and actually play some before heaping huge expectations on their heads?

There is absolutely zero guarantee that Dormady will succeed here. I think he will but at this point it's all speculation until he gets here and actually proves it. Worley was the Gatorade HS player of the year and look how he has turned out.
So its ok to get excited over legacy kids coming but just not the QB position?
Worley is a good young man that I fully support, but with the 3rd toughest schedule in the country and no QB clearly being named starter, yeah there is some cause for concern. Watch the film. the kid has great ball accuracy and placement skills. That's worth getting a little bit excited about. Either you have that as a QB or you don't. Look at the throws against air in practice so far, read the media comments. They are concerned too. I've watched Hurd and Malone for their last two years in HS, guess what, I was excited and hoped they ended up here too. When I look at Dormandy and realize its his sophomore year film, yeah that should make you excited for our future.

But either way you slice it our qb is going to be the weakest spot on our team. And that just so happens to be the most important position.

Last year the receivers were FAR... FAR worse than the QB's. Between poor routes, missed assignments, and dropped passes it is no great wonder that the QB's struggled to play with confidence. By ALL accounts, the QB's are better and the receivers are better.

So no... either way you slice it is NOT established that the QB is going to be the weakest spot on the team... not by a very, very long shot.

Reactions: 1 person
Die hard ut fan here.. Is it a small possibility that maybe, just maybe, all three of them suck. Let's be honest ut fans.. They all looked bad last year if were judging them as sec qbs. IMO- whoever gets the starting job will be the qb who just isn't as bad as the others.. But either way you slice it our qb is going to be the weakest spot on our team. And that just so happens to be the most important position. As much as I'm ready for a winner just like everybody here, this will not be the year. I believe in coach jones and think hell bring us back. Just not with these qbs and not this year. 5-7 is most likely our record. And 6-6 would be a blessing. Next year tho.. Watch out

They all 3 do suck. It's just picking the lesser of 3 evils.

Don't worry bro. Gibson will be here soon enough. :search:

Just saw this. Doesn't look like that is going to happen...as of now. Miller (OSU) being out for the season could be a blessing in disguise. His replacement is a soph, so he could come in and light it up and lock down the starting job and Gibson might consider looking at us again. As of now I'd say he is all Ohio St.

Just saw this. Doesn't look like that is going to happen...as of now. Miller (OSU) being out for the season could be a blessing in disguise. His replacement is a soph, so he could come in and light it up and lock down the starting job and Gibson might consider looking at us again. As of now I'd say he is all Ohio St.

Dormady

Somebody, Springbok or LWS I believe, said UT could have had Gibson but backed off. Not sure how accurate that is.

Blue font=sarcasm
Red font=mad bro

VN Store

Back