Zaay Green

"I would like to thank the fans and everyone else who has supported me through this journey the past two years," Green wrote. "I'm very grateful for the memories, but due to my actions and decisions and the coaches, it has been best for me to part my ways for University of Tennessee and figure out what is best for Zaay Green."

Zaay Green leaves Lady Vols basketball, cites her 'actions and decisions' as reason

Last edited:
I don’t see how a misdemeanor charge for probably pot would mean she had to leave. Wouldn’t that generally be like a 5 game suspension. Especially for first offense. What am I missing?

It may be the need to sever ties with those that were part of that situation. Moving will not stop the legal action but will put her into a new group of people.

Could this news have already been known to Jazz and with her classmate leaving along with MiMi last season Jazz just decided to leave as well ? Did Jazz really have any other reason ?

Doesn’t mean that it was the first offense from a program standpoint.

DeerPark, you always have the inside scoop...Thanks man!
26236282-scoop-sign-meaning-exclusive-information-or-inside-story.jpg

Oh hell let them smoke weed, lets all smoke weed! Its the end of the world as we know it, and I want to feel fine!

Seriously, I doubt a one time weed charge would get her kicked off. Whatever happened, I wish her all the best.

Texas A&M will probably be interested In Zay. Wish her the best. Would a pot and shop lifting misdemeanor be about the same? Just asking

First, Green was not convicted of anything, yet she gets dismissed. Horston, on the other hand, is a self-professed convicted criminal, and she gets to stay. Why is the coach so inconsistent in meting out punishments? With all the talk of the team holding players to a higher standard, why is Horston still on the roster?

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
First, Green was not convicted of anything, yet she gets dismissed. Horston, on the other hand, is a self-professed convicted criminal, and she gets to stay. Why is the coach so inconsistent in meting out punishments? With all the talk of the team holding players to a higher standard, why is Horston still on the roster?

First, we don't know the circumstances.

Keeping that in mind, here's an example of how the NCAA handles things differently.

Two coaches/staffs/players/programs commit the same or similar offenses or offenses of equal gravity. One program self-reports the violation almost immediately. That is taken into consideration when meting out punishment.

Just a possible analogy or illustration to remind how situations can have different outcomes without being unfair. And not saying that the example given has anything to do with the current situation.

Because the administration knows more about both situations than people that post on message boards?

Maybe CKH and her staff already have potential replacements in mind for Green and Massengill.

Good luck to Green and thanks for her contributions to the Lady Vol program.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back