Zaay Green

It’s not a rumor. She announced it on her Instagram five days ago. The reason was cited in this thread - post #138, but you can read between the lines in her announcement. I really hate it - was looking forward to having her back. Wish her the best.
I sure hate for her to go because she could have greatly helped us. I wonder what happened between her and the coaching staff. She seemed so into the Lady Vols as she was recovering from her injury. This is somewhat of a setback. I hope Destiny has some outstanding skills and can put points on the board. KJH is facing a little bit of an uphill battle, but that is why they pay her the big bucks. I hope she is hitting the portal and JC hard and heavy.

I sure hate for her to go because she could have greatly helped us. I wonder what happened between her and the coaching staff. She seemed so into the Lady Vols as she was recovering from her injury. This is somewhat of a setback. I hope Destiny has some outstanding skills and can put points on the board. KJH is facing a little bit of an uphill battle, but that is why they pay her the big bucks. I hope she is hitting the portal and JC hard and heavy.

Doesn’t seem to be anything with her and the coaching staff.

Green is scheduled for a May 4 misdemeanor citation booking on a charge of “simple possession/casual exchange of a controlled substance,” according to a Wednesday report from the News Sentinel’s Mike Wilson.

Zaay Green cites 'actions and decisions' for Tennessee exit

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Reactions: stlvolsfan
That is sad to hear. I still wish her and her family the best in a tough situation.

Oh most def! I really want someone to get her to come back. I know she is gone but I am just hoping someone would say hey you made a mistake and let’s get thru this. Maybe that’s been done and her and her family think a move is best but we love her here in LV land😩💔

Oh most def! I really want someone to get her to come back. I know she is gone but I am just hoping someone would say hey you made a mistake and let’s get thru this. Maybe that’s been done and her and her family think a move is best but we love her here in LV land😩💔

Drugs, no matter the situation, cannot be tolerated and it speaks volumes, in a positive way, to recruits and their parents.

What is the actual UT and AD policy on simple possesion? If every kid caught with weed first time was kicked out of school the campus would be half empty. Maybe KJH has super high (no pun intended), one and done standards. But I'm going to think realistically, this must not have been Zaay's first rodeo.

Just legalize weed already. All those kids on ritalin, the whole world on zoloft, etc and kids get punished for a few tokes? Please!

What is the actual UT and AD policy on simple possesion? If every kid caught with weed first time was kicked out of school the campus would be half empty. Maybe KJH has super high (no pun intended), one and done standards. But I'm going to think realistically, this must not have been Zaay's first rodeo.

Just legalize weed already. All those kids on ritalin, the whole world on zoloft, etc and kids get punished for a few tokes? Please!

uhhmmm?

I suspect the TEAM rules say no drugs, no alcohol, attend class, study, obey curfews, etc. with rules about punishments for first, second, third infractions. Whether weed is legal or not isn't necessarily the point. There are no laws, AFAIK, about studying and curfews for college students. The player still has to follow the team rules and abide by the team punishments. When Candace sat on the bench for breaking curfew, I didn't hear the board insisting that since there was no state law saying she had to be in by 11 pm that she should get off scot-free.

I agree that it should be legal. That being said. She is still a young adult and played at an historic program in women’s basketball. Being held to a higher standard comes with the territory of being a Lady Vol. Legal or not. Have to keep it classy, no questions asked.

I am very sad this was the incident that caused her departure. I was so looking forward to her being back. She seemed like such a leader on the sidelines last season. I truly hope she finds a good fit and has a successful, healthy finish to her career.

As for the first part of your post, I would differ. I have been on college campuses for a number of years. I’ve been part of many disciplinary committees. Possession of drugs is a surprisingly rare occurrence. Alcohol, yes, but very few drug issues. Sexual assault issues in athletics were more common during my time on those committees.

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan
I realize the team laws are separate from govt laws. I just wonder if team policy is one time violation of drug policy and your gone. I doubt it, but I could be wrong.

As for the first part of your post, I would differ. I have been on college campuses for a number of years. I’ve been part of many disciplinary committees. Possession of drugs is a surprisingly rare occurrence. Alcohol, yes, but very few drug issues. Sexual assault issues in athletics were more common during my time on those committees.
LOL, I believe our mileage varies on this. I don't doubt simple possession is rare to be brought before disciplinary committees, but I think that's because it's not really pursued or punished. Especially weed.

I realize the team laws are separate from govt laws. I just wonder if team policy is one time violation of drug policy and your gone. I doubt it, but I could be wrong.

LOL, I believe our mileage varies on this. I don't doubt simple possession is rare to be brought before disciplinary committees, but I think that's because it's not really pursued or punished. Especially weed.

I beg to differ. If it comes up it gets addressed. It’s still a big NCAA no no for athletes.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
Good fit for Zaay. Coach Blair is great and she’ll have a good finish to her career there. Sad we have to compete against her and Jazz.

Hope being closer to home is good for her!

Reactions: Lucy

VN Store

Back