Zaay Green

Be that is it may, my numbers don't lie
What numbers? That in taking 10 shots, 30% on three pointers is almost as good as 50% on 2 pointers?

That's just simple math. But we all know, well maybe except for you, that Tennessee was a terrible three point shooting team and that 30% and under is just awful. To say that 7 of 10 of them can take three points might be correct, but to say that 7 of 10 can make three pointers would be wrong.

Be that is it may, my numbers don't lie

it isn't so much our rank, it is about what difference it makes
the 3 is a weapon and needs to be used to make the other weapons more effective
we need to use the three more, not as an exclusivity
but as a weapon...
In games where we made 6 or more threes we were 8-2

We are arguing two different thing.

You are saying that they need to shoot threes and when they make them they usually win. I totally agree.

But I'm arguing that they don't have the players right now to succeed and 30% and lower just won't cut it.

7 players shot near or about 30%? That is your criteria for being able to shoot a three pointer?

Tennessee was 135th in the country in three point percentage at 31.7%. Sorry, but to me that is not having the ability to shoot the three.

It's been a big problem for recent Tennessee teams.

To be more proficient at something you have to concentrate on it and let it become a natural instinct and weapon
we were also well below 150th in 3-pt shot attempts
to be good at something it has to be prevalent

if the players had more of a green light to shoot it, they would be more comfortable, ergo more proficient

We are arguing two different thing.

You are saying that they need to shoot threes and when they make them they usually win. I totally agree.

But I'm arguing that they don't have the players right now to succeed and 30% and lower just won't cut it.

agree, we are looking at the same thing from two different angles
the same stats in the hands of a statistician can be used for opposite views
that's the thing about statistics, they can be used in a number of ways
truce.

PS....I love a good debate that doesn't get personal
the "nag" thing was about time
you barely gave me time to consider an answer
sorry for that

To be more proficient at something you have to concentrate on it and let it become a natural instinct and weapon
we were also well below 150th in 3-pt shot attempts
to be good at something it has to be prevalent

if the players had more of a green light to shoot it, they would be more comfortable, ergo more proficient

You said "This is where coaching comes in. The coach decides the strength for that day"

They are just not good three point shooters. You don't get better shooting more in games. You get better by improving your form and practice, practice, practice. However, some players will never be good three point shooters.

That is where your quote is correct. If your not good at it, don't take them. Kinda like Massengill. I cringed every time she took one. It just wasn't part of her game.

I doubt a 30% three point shooter will be more prolific with a green light.

Reactions: glv98
That is where your quote is correct. If your not good at it, don't take them. Kinda like Massengill. I cringed every time she took one. It just wasn't part of her game.

Ugliest damn shot I've ever seen. Set shot with awkward form...like a throwback to the early '90s. Any time it went it felt like pure luck, because she only took them when there were no other options available. Her percentages were awful, but gotta admit luck was on her side and she made some key big ones in games I watched this season.

Reactions: ChattyVolfan
Ugliest damn shot I've ever seen. Set shot with awkward form...like a throwback to the early '90s. Any time it went it felt like pure luck, because she only took them when there were no other options available. Her percentages were awful, but gotta admit luck was on her side and she made some key big ones in games I watched this season.

No doubt. Even bad three point shooters make big shots on occasion. How about hat game winner by Davis?? Crazy. And she only shoots them marginally better than Massengill at 29.6%.

As a Rutgers fan, I can't root for the Lady Vols (Anosike free throws that should have been AFTER the buzzer....lol), but I sure can respect them. It's been a tough 12 years since the last championship. I know how high the expectations for this program are.

Hoping Harper can bring them back!

No doubt. Even bad three point shooters make big shots on occasion. How about hat game winner by Davis?? Crazy. And she only shoots them marginally better than Massengill at 29.6%.

As a Rutgers fan, I can't root for the Lady Vols (Anosike free throws that should have been AFTER the buzzer....lol), but I sure can respect them. It's been a tough 12 years since the last championship. I know how high the expectations for this program are.

Hoping Harper can bring them back!

Rennia had a poor year shooting the 3, but she is an excellent shooter. This year was an anomaly. But yeah...that Alabama shot was pure luck. She was like 30 feet away! But it went in and was a game winner, so...I'll take that!

Rennia had a poor year shooting the 3, but she is an excellent shooter. This year was an anomaly. But yeah...that Alabama shot was pure luck. She was like 30 feet away! But it went in and was a game winner, so...I'll take that!

It was some luck, but she also practiced that shot
I tell my players
"If I don't see you practice it, it better not be a part of your game"

Okay! I’ve tried for 30 minutes to attach this file and I obviously am screwing it up.
Would someone please go to you tube and get the link to
One Shining Moment 2020 Quarantine Edition on here?
Pretty funny and this guy obviously has too much time on his hands. Sorry I couldn’t get it attached😡

It was some luck, but she also practiced that shot
I tell my players
"If I don't see you practice it, it better not be a part of your game"
It's kind of like half court shots. They all practice them, but it's not a shot you want to design a play around 😂

at one time the 4 out 1 in was the unknown joke of an offense,
it has then since become a standard
you never know

My use of a forward who patrols the baseline replaces the shooting guard, a position which employs a person who's only/primary skill is to shoot.

Such a position and the use thereof would employ the skillset of Rae perfectly

Those "shooters" were often used by opposing coaches as targets on offensive-switches, bc they weren't usually as physically gifted as forwards.

Add in that everybody on this team CAN shoot a 3

Think about who was often switched to get by our opponents last year.
I'm just saying
When was the 4 out an unknown joke. In the 60's it was called an overload when used against a zone. also used against a man because we had a dominant post and wanted to stop the d from collapsing on him

Anyone who patrols the baseline is 3 feet under the hoop. the only offensive strategy i know of where one player is responsible side to side down low is against a 1-3-1 and it usually a 3 or a tall 2 because of the player speed and a corner jumper required to make the O work. A 4 glued to the base line as opposed to up and down would be too slow and limited in their range to have any effect.

Shooting guard is a euphemism for the guard who is not the primary ball handler. what do you do when your best ball handler/passer is also your best deep shooter as is often the case in younger girls. what's your terminology for an off guard who is your best defender.

Reactions: Amb3096
7 of our players shot near or above 30%

10 shots:
to score points
shooting 3's at 30% 9 pts
shooting 2's at 50% 10 pts

games where we shot under 49% out of 31 = 21
games where we shot under 29% out of 31 = 11

We can shoot the three, just don't value it enough
(this is Al Brown stuff here)
21 + 11 = 32 out of 31 games

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Okay! I’ve tried for 30 minutes to attach this file and I obviously am screwing it up.
Would someone please go to you tube and get the link to
One Shining Moment 2020 Quarantine Edition on here?
Pretty funny and this guy obviously has too much time on his hands. Sorry I couldn’t get it attached😡

Happy to, hope this is the right one:

cutting down the net was a perfect finish

Interesting thread.....Coach expressed a few interesting ideas....His baseline forward has merit to it....As stated by both of you warriors, I believe, new ideas in offensive attacks, sometimes become normal....

If the LVs became the first team to deploy the baseline forward philosophy, the other teams would be a little confused for awhile trying to adjust to it....It's worth looking a little closer at.

I'm a "big proponent" of the demon ball (3 ball)..If successful, it raises your team's morale and demoralizes your opponent....

Coach, sorry to see the Negavol Thread deleted by Freak....Not calling anyone a Negavol, I just thought it was a fun thread....Fun is what is needed now, not in your face arguing...
bit-ANIMATION%2B%25281%2529.gif

Interesting thread.....Coach expressed a few interesting ideas....His baseline forward has merit to it....As stated by both of you warriors, I believe, new ideas in offensive attacks, sometimes become normal....

If the LVs became the first team to deploy the baseline forward philosophy, the other teams would be a little confused for awhile trying to adjust to it....It's worth looking a little closer at.

I'm a "big proponent" of the demon ball (3 ball)..If successful, it raises your team's morale and demoralizes your opponent....

Coach, sorry to see the Negavol Thread deleted by Freak....Not calling anyone a Negavol, I just thought it was a fun thread....Fun is what is needed now, not in your face arguing...
bit-ANIMATION%2B%25281%2529.gif

The thread was going south
It served its purpose, during the Zaay and Jaz leaving fiasco, I wanted to try to dis-sway the henny penny;s
and it did that
That was some of the quietest leavings we have ever had since Iv'e been here
remember the diamond one!

I think it kept the situation from calling out other potential names and maybe it helped cool down things

It is what it is, GT
I appreciate your support though

Love to you, bro

It needed to be deleted just as the "who to trust" or whatever it was thread needed to be deleted. This is a message board, not a clique.

It needed to be deleted just as the "who to trust" or whatever it was thread needed to be deleted. This is a message board, not a clique.

It served its purpose
wasn't about cliques

it was about parents, players and non-volnation drop-ins getting a handle on who was here to just create havoc and post personal or negative comments

No clique
I abhor cliques

[QUOTE="Coach Jumper, post: 18136143, member: 68113"
No clique
I abhor cliques[/QUOTE]
Then you should break up with Gametime.

That Negavol thread was the epitome of in your face arguing. Completely unnecessary and Freak was right to get rid of it. Might as well have just called it "Posts I Don't Agree With"...which is what it was.

That Negavol thread was the epitome of in your face arguing. Completely unnecessary and Freak was right to get rid of it. Might as well have just called it "Posts I Don't Agree With"...which is what it was.

That's a bromance, big difference

VN Store

Back