Young/Anderson/Hyatt

Super Bowl is not the 🍊 bowl.
I'm not saying playing with a torn ACL or broken leg is a good idea at all.

Folks here, though, are insisting that "give your all" needs to be a thing so........ nobody gave more than RGIII or Youngblood or Rivers. Is that the standard we should use? No. No one should play and risk their future.

If I guy feels the risk to his health or future is too big for him to take, I have to respect that.

Reactions: TheFlash1971
I'm not saying playing with a torn ACL or broken leg is a good idea at all.

Folks here, though, are insisting that "give your all" needs to be a thing so........ nobody gave more than RGIII or Youngblood or Rivers. Is that the standard we should use? No. No one should play and risk their future.

If I guy feels the risk to his health or future is too big for him to take, I have to respect that.

Me too but if that's the case why play the last regular season game? Same amount of risk. Maybe more this year with the monsoon at Vandy

Blah blah blah blah blah. I never said anything about players that were injured playing. Again your hyperbole won't work here. I think Tillman has a pretty good reason for not playing battling injury and recovering from the surgery most of the season. But Hyatt is not hurt and can really help himself with a good performance I think. Besides Young and Anderson are playing and both have way more to risk than Jaylin
You might learn to spell his name: Jalin Hyatt, for openers.

If Hyatt's hurting himself by not playing, that's his call. If not, that's his call too and I've already shown you that Alabama insured Young and Anderson as much as possible to mitigate the financial risk to their draft status.

Tennessee, as much as we love it, is only the home of these players for a few years and then they go on. Peyton is raising his family in Colorado and speaks fondly of his teammates in Indy AND his time at TN.

Jalin Hyatt has a full career ahead of him and he needs to do what he feels is best to further that career. He's out of school. He's ready to move on.

You act like TN will be the pinnacle of his career when really it's just the beginning.

You might learn to spell his name: Jalin Hyatt, for openers.

If Hyatt's hurting himself by not playing, that's his call. If not, that's his call too and I've already shown you that Alabama insured Young and Anderson as much as possible to mitigate the financial risk to their draft status.

Tennessee, as much as we love it, is only the home of these players for a few years and then they go on. Peyton is raising his family in Colorado and speaks fondly of his teammates in Indy AND his time at TN.

Jalin Hyatt has a full career ahead of him and he needs to do what he feels is best to further that career. He's out of school. He's ready to move on.

You act like TN will be the pinnacle of his career when really it's just the beginning.

Lol the "I win the argument based on spelling guy" and if it's the financial risk insurance am I to believe that is somehow not able to be purchased in Knoxville? I wish nothing but great things for Jalin. Just don't the slippery slope of opt-outs. Didn't like it when Taylor did it last year either. If your not hurt... Play

Reactions: Stonewall83
No disrespect to Jalin; he’s cemented his legacy and I wish him the best. That being said I don’t understand the opt out trend. Why is it suddenly acceptable to bail on your teammates during bowl season when it wasn’t acceptable to do so for generations prior?
'legacy'? I'm not quite sure I agree that he really has one. He had a magical season, but 20 years from now I doubt he will be mentioned with the likes of Peerless Price or even Willie Gault.

Lol the "I win the argument based on spelling guy" and if it's the financial risk insurance am I to believe that is somehow not able to be purchased in Knoxville? I wish nothing but great things for Jalin. Just don't the slippery slope of opt-outs. Didn't like it when Taylor did it last year either. If your not hurt... Play
It's respect for him, not me. There's no argument. Jalin Hyatt made his decision.

He likely doesn't give a damn that you disapprove.
He likely doesn't give a damn that I approve.

There's no argument.

It's respect for him, not me. There's no argument. Jalin Hyatt made his decision.

He likely doesn't give a damn that you disapprove.
He likely doesn't give a damn that I approve.

There's no argument.

Jalin Hyatt made a decision that I firmly believe is wrong. No matter how many times you post Jalin Hyatt it won't change the fact that I think it's a soft decision. Doesn't mean that I don't want Jalin Hyatt to be successful.

Tillman could have played against Vandy.
He didn't.
He could have stayed for the Orange bowl.
He didn't

Jalin Hyatt could have stayed for the Orange Bowl against his home state school that spurned him. Would have been a phenomenal way to end his career....except that Hendon Hooker or even any average QB isn't playing.

Some many people just don't understand how awful Joe Milton is....smh

I dont see Milton as awful but I know Hyatt must be thinking about those high passes he has to jump flat in the air and stretch to catch and hang there completely defenseless to get clobbered by a waiting defender.
USATSI_19068686-scaled.jpg

'legacy'? I'm not quite sure I agree that he really has one. He had a magical season, but 20 years from now I doubt he will be mentioned with the likes of Peerless Price or even Willie Gault.

He did have a magical season. I did not realize that after his 5 TD game against Bama he only had 5 more TD receptions the rest of the year and 2 of those were against UT Martin.

Of all the receivers to come through Knoxville, He’s Tennessee’s first and only biletnikoff winner. Then there’s the Alabama game, that performance alone cemented Hyatt in Tennessee history. He had one of the greatest seasons of all time for a Tennessee wr. Jalin Hyatt is 100% going to live on in Tennessee history now.

Reactions: vols40
Updated story on Young and Anderson’s comments on why they decided to play. Not a Bama fan at all but like their comments and think if you claim during the year it’s about the team, the “love” for each other, then stand by those comments. Otherwise, just don’t comment on all that stuff when you really don’t mean it.

Bryce Young, Will Anderson discuss choice to play Sugar Bowl — ESPN

Blah blah blah blah blah. I never said anything about players that were injured playing. Again your hyperbole won't work here. I think Tillman has a pretty good reason for not playing battling injury and recovering from the surgery most of the season. But Hyatt is not hurt and can really help himself with a good performance I think. Besides Young and Anderson are playing and both have way more to risk than Jaylin

No; they're risking the same thing, a substantial amount of money and career.

No; they're risking the same thing, a substantial amount of money and career.

If you look at potential rookie deals and that's what you have to look at both of them are way higher on the board and stand to potentially (if injured) to lose much more yet they are still playing.

I see Young on TV like every day…….he’s already RICH.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure he wants/has a goal to play professionally. However he probably doesn’t have the same “needs” as some other folks.

If you gots money, you can spend money to insure yourself.

Also…..I’m not talking directly about these guys (because I don’t know) but I’m sure there are some guys who have NIL stipulations. I’m also sure there are some guys who have NIL deals where they gain bonuses for say a major bowl game or something. Young had “legit” NIL deals……..probably see a bunch of his commercials during their game.

I don’t think NIL deals can be contingent in playing any games. I could be wrong but NIL is like getting a Nike contract. Nike isn’t paying anyone to actually play, rather playing makes Nike want to pay you to promote their product.

Reactions: NCFisher
If you look at potential rookie deals and that's what you have to look at both of them are way higher on the board and stand to potentially (if injured) to lose much more yet they are still playing.

I understood the point, but it's wrong. If the MS couple opens a small business risking all their life savings of $50K, and the CT couple opens a business with life savings of $250K, who's risking more? If Hyatt is a 2nd-3rd rounder and Young a high 1st-round, they're both risking their entire stake. Risk is relative.

Reactions: EasternVol
I don’t think NIL deals can be contingent in playing any games. I could be wrong but NIL is like getting a Nike contract. Nike isn’t paying anyone to actually play, rather playing makes Nike want to pay you to promote their product.

Yea I didn’t mean “contingent” just a giant commercial prompting his brand while commercials he is in are actually promoting brands………just keeps the giant ball A rolling.

I've never had the opportunity to make that kind of money...for many of these players, this is leaving a legacy of financial security to children, grandchildren, etc.

If I had that opportunity, and knowing that an injury in a bowl game could erase that security, I would likely lean to not risking that future for this one game.

And, on a side note, I am really looking at this as a preview for many of our players we will be depending upon for success next year. We can take this bowl game and really put a lot of these players through game prep, halftime adjustments, and a full 60 minutes of live game action that we could not replicate until the regular season next year....so we can use this game as a proving ground for these younger players and see where we may need to be selective in the portal in the spring.

Tillman could have played against Vandy.
He didn't.
He could have stayed for the Orange bowl.
He didn't

Jalin Hyatt could have stayed for the Orange Bowl against his home state school that spurned him. Would have been a phenomenal way to end his career....except that Hendon Hooker or even any average QB isn't playing.

Some many people just don't understand how awful Joe Milton is....smh
😂 trolls are hilarious

Reactions: EasternVol

VN Store

Back