Young/Anderson/Hyatt

Tigervol

What are your thoughts that Bryce Young and Will Anderson are opting to play in the Sugar Bowl, but Hyatt is opting out? It’s been exciting to watch the success we’ve had and then feel a bit disappointment when our star WR won’t be playing. Young and Anderson are projected top 5 picks. Are Young and Anderson crazy for playing one more time for their team? I’m thinking the unfortunate injury Tillman had this year had a factor in Hyatt’s opting out.

Nick Saban proud of lack of Sugar Bowl opt-outs, praises competitive spirit of Bryce Young, Will Anderson

Saban: "...As an institution, we've minimized the risk of them playing in the game by insuring them the best that we possibly can so that they're not taking a big risk by playing."

Respect to players that feel the need to opt out and respect to those that choose to play, but, OMG... What the heck does that mean?

Reactions: VolsFan-TX
No disrespect to Jalin; he’s cemented his legacy and I wish him the best. That being said I don’t understand the opt out trend. Why is it suddenly acceptable to bail on your teammates during bowl season when it wasn’t acceptable to do so for generations prior?

Why can't people see what's RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM??

No disrespect man.
To answer your question it's because of Joe Milton being the starting QB

Saban: "...As an institution, we've minimized the risk of them playing in the game by insuring them the best that we possibly can so that they're not taking a big risk by playing."

Respect to players that feel the need to opt out and respect to those that choose to play, but, OMG... What the heck does that mean?
Lucrative insurance policies.

No disrespect to Jalin; he’s cemented his legacy and I wish him the best. That being said I don’t understand the opt out trend. Why is it suddenly acceptable to bail on your teammates during bowl season when it wasn’t acceptable to do so for generations prior?
You know what these games are discounted from day one. At no point this year, my assumption, did any coach/player say let's win the Orange Bowl. That was never a team goal. The only bowls associated with team goals are the playoffs. And I doubt those are stated team goals. It's win the division and win the conference. So not a goal. It's why, despite what some clown is here think, no player or coach is mad at someone sitting out. To each their own.

What are your thoughts that Bryce Young and Will Anderson are opting to play in the Sugar Bowl, but Hyatt is opting out? It’s been exciting to watch the success we’ve had and then feel a bit disappointment when our star WR won’t be playing. Young and Anderson are projected top 5 picks. Are Young and Anderson crazy for playing one more time for their team? I’m thinking the unfortunate injury Tillman had this year had a factor in Hyatt’s opting out.

Nick Saban proud of lack of Sugar Bowl opt-outs, praises competitive spirit of Bryce Young, Will Anderson

Tillman could have played against Vandy.
He didn't.
He could have stayed for the Orange bowl.
He didn't

Jalin Hyatt could have stayed for the Orange Bowl against his home state school that spurned him. Would have been a phenomenal way to end his career....except that Hendon Hooker or even any average QB isn't playing.

Some many people just don't understand how awful Joe Milton is....smh

All I gotta say is that if I was an NFL GM it would matter to me. I think it says something about the player's view of the ole TEAM-me dynamic. That's always been my opinion and I'm not changing because it's one of our guys sitting out. IDGAF what anybody says this is a huge game for this program. We have not been to one of the original major bowls in 20+ years. That means alot to this fanbase and it should mean alot to this team, especially it's ostensible leaders. I bet Hendon Hooker would be playing if he was healthy.

This conversation each year always makes me think of Willis McGahee in 2003.
Willis McGahee - Wikipedia

I see Young on TV like every day…….he’s already RICH.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure he wants/has a goal to play professionally. However he probably doesn’t have the same “needs” as some other folks.

If you gots money, you can spend money to insure yourself.

Also…..I’m not talking directly about these guys (because I don’t know) but I’m sure there are some guys who have NIL stipulations. I’m also sure there are some guys who have NIL deals where they gain bonuses for say a major bowl game or something. Young had “legit” NIL deals……..probably see a bunch of his commercials during their game.

Reactions: PureOrange
I see Young on TV like every day…….he’s already RICH.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure he wants/has a goal to play professionally. However he probably doesn’t have the same “needs” as some other folks.

If you gots money, you can spend money to insure yourself.

Also…..I’m not talking directly about these guys (because I don’t know) but I’m sure there are some guys who have NIL stipulations. I’m also sure there are some guys who have NIL deals where they gain bonuses for say a major bowl game or something. Young had “legit” NIL deals……..probably see a bunch of his commercials during their game.
The school's can procure insurance for the players I believe now. I think that's been allowed for several years.

The school's can procure insurance for the players I believe now. I think that's been allowed for several years.

thanks
(At the players expense though? At player expense multi million insurance will be quite expensive)

but still one guy on TV literally every day………many guys opting out gots like free pizza NIL deals.

Just saying at player expense because if not heck every single athlete on the team should get some.

Reactions: tbh
I honestly don’t believe that team mates at the very least the Marjory of the players don’t believe that a guy with high potential to be drafted high and make that money is bailing or letting the team down. At least not todays time. All these kids dreams is to make it to the NFL and get their healthy at that. Kids put in the hard work the grind. Also, I’m sure it is discussed with Family and coaches. If opting out for a bowl game when he has already cemented their legacy. Let them enjoy their lives . Any more, players are retiring young as well these days. I’m 1000% percent for sure if it was the playoffs it would be different, and regardless who the QB is. Let the youngsters play and learn and make a name . This game is just glorified practice and makes rich guys and gals richer. Only thing I can see to change this, is if these kids getting great NIL deals , was given a bonus for playing in these bowls. Kind of how like NFL players earn more money reaching goals how contracts are structured . If that make sense . There will always be those two type of people who play the game. Those who don’t worry or don’t care with no fear and love the game and those whose dream is to play in the NFL and not get hurt. Either way , at the end of the day, I agree it’s their choice.

Everybody has a right to an opinion and yours isn’t any more relevant or superior to anyone else’s. Stop telling people to get over it and get over yourself. You are like a broken record.
You can sit around and opine about opt outs....seems like a waste of time, but have at it. If that's how y'all want to spend your life, who are we to stop you. On your death bed, will you still be talking about JH opting out of the Orange Bowl?

It's all about the $$$$$. I don't blame him. He has to do what he thinks is best for him.

VN Store

Back