Young/Anderson/Hyatt

I have an idea. If everyone who is complaining about Hyatt would put 100,000 dollars in a pot it would add up to a few million dollars and you could probably convince Hyatt to play at that point, as it would off-set some of the risk for him. I mean really, if you don't do it, you're just selfish and definitely aren't VFL.

Lol. Man up and play the game. Same injury risk playing South Carolina. Ask Hendon.

Reactions: Stonewall83
What are your thoughts that Bryce Young and Will Anderson are opting to play in the Sugar Bowl, but Hyatt is opting out? It’s been exciting to watch the success we’ve had and then feel a bit disappointment when our star WR won’t be playing. Young and Anderson are projected top 5 picks. Are Young and Anderson crazy for playing one more time for their team? I’m thinking the unfortunate injury Tillman had this year had a factor in Hyatt’s opting out.

Nick Saban proud of lack of Sugar Bowl opt-outs, praises competitive spirit of Bryce Young, Will Anderson
They should give their all for Tennessee while still at Tennessee....jmo

You gonna put up the 100k?

Lol it's so sweet that you think these athletes are owed something. You receive what you earn. When you "opt-out (quit) you and your agent pick up your expenses. Which includes whatever is remaining for you to remain enrolled in classes. That's all I am saying. Bryce Young has probably as much as anyone to lose by playing the sugar bowl but he's still playing. I am not hating Jaylen by any means. Just over the picking and choosing what games you want to play in. Not hate here. Also don't feel the need to be a fanboy either. If you want something then work for it or get on with your life.

Lol it's so sweet that you think these athletes are owed something. You receive what you earn. When you "opt-out (quit) you and your agent pick up your expenses. Which includes whatever is remaining for you to remain enrolled in classes. That's all I am saying. Bryce Young has probably as much as anyone to lose by playing the sugar bowl but he's still playing. I am not hating Jaylen by any means. Just over the picking and choosing what games you want to play in. Not hate here. Also don't feel the need to be a fanboy either. If you want something then work for it or get on with your life.
Apparently Young and Anderson playing was valued enough that Alabama mitigated their financial risk with insurance.

"As an institution, we've minimized the risk of them playing in the game by insuring them the best that we possibly can so that they're not taking a big risk by playing."

I don't know whether UT offered or could offer Hyatt similar "loss of draft potential" insurance.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

So I take it like the others, you're not willing to put your money on the line for Tennessee but you expect Hyatt to potentially give up generational wealth for his family so you can enjoy a football game a little more.

So I take it like the others, you're not willing to put your money on the line for Tennessee but you expect Hyatt to potentially give up generational wealth for his family so you can enjoy a football game a little more.

You have me mistaken. I do enjoy the Vols but if we for some reason wake up to zero football for the rest of time this guy will not shed one tear. IDGAC. There was a time that I would not say that but athletes and the money involved in sports has destroyed the game. And this just isn't football it's all sports. But if you want to continue on your self righteous journey then hey you do you. Wouldn't it suck once you give your 10 k (lmao) to these athletes who have "earned it" only to watch them blow through the water puddle near the sidewalk you are walking on.

Apparently Young and Anderson playing was valued enough that Alabama mitigated their financial risk with insurance.

"As an institution, we've minimized the risk of them playing in the game by insuring them the best that we possibly can so that they're not taking a big risk by playing."

I don't know whether UT offered or could offer Hyatt similar "loss of draft potential" insurance.

Regardless they are playing and are much higher on the draft boards than Hyatt

Reactions: Stonewall83
You have me mistaken. I do enjoy the Vols but if we for some reason wake up to zero football for the rest of time this guy will not shed one tear. IDGAC. There was a time that I would not say that but athletes and the money involved in sports has destroyed the game. And this just isn't football it's all sports. But if you want to continue on your self righteous journey then hey you do you. Wouldn't it suck once you give your 10 k (lmao) to these athletes who have "earned it" only to watch them blow through the water puddle near the sidewalk you are walking on.

LOL yep, the guy in here trashing Hyatt for not playing doesn't even care about football. Now pony up the dollars if you expect him to put his earnings at risk for your pleasure.

LOL yep, the guy in here trashing Hyatt for not playing doesn't even care about football. Now pony up the dollars if you expect him to put his earnings at risk for your pleasure.

Never trashed him. Closest thing to getting after him I said was man up and play like Young and Anderson who are considered much higher prospects. But go ahead with your baseless allegations. Also never said I didn't care about football only that my life would go on if it doesn't. Comprehension is not a strong suit of yours. And once again like I said if you want to give then you give until you can't. I'm sure these hard pressed opt-outs will appreciate you.

You mean like Tillman....

Tillman could have played against Vandy.
He didn't.
He could have stayed for the Orange bowl.
He didn't

Jalin Hyatt could have stayed for the Orange Bowl against his home state school that spurned him. Would have been a phenomenal way to end his career....except that Hendon Hooker or even any average QB isn't playing.

Some many people just don't understand how awful Joe Milton is....smh
Dude, look back through your comment history.

At one time, Mauer was the next big thing. Then Milton. Hooker was the clear #4 who could never cut it.

Your hot takes on QB's are comedy at this point.

I have never heard of anyone playing with a torn ACL. I would have to check Rivers out. If Hooker could play he would have played.
It was an AFC Championship, as I recall. I'm not saying it's not crazy but for those who think Hooker can't play, Rivers did play with a torn ACL and a torn meniscus. There are other examples in the league of guys playing on torn ACLs. I feel pretty certain their docs advised against it.

I mainly post this to indicate this idea of how much a player should sacrifice or risk for his team can lead to dumbass decisions.

I support players deciding what is best for their body and their future. Personal health first, family second, team third.

It was an AFC Championship, as I recall. I'm not saying it's not crazy but for those who think Hooker can't play, Rivers did play with a torn ACL and a torn meniscus. There are other examples in the league of guys playing on torn ACLs. I feel pretty certain their docs advised against it.

I mainly post this to indicate this idea of how much a player should sacrifice or risk for his team can lead to dumbass decisions.

I support players deciding what is best for their body and their future. Personal health first, family second, team third.

You are right he did play, good point

Reactions: cgrish
Maybe Young and Anderson have been well taken care of enough to where they can afford to play. Maybe Hyatt has to do what he has to do . If this was a playoff he would be playing . Next man up . McCoy , Keyton and White are plenty capable of getting the job done. Remember Clemson has two starting defensive players (1st and 2nd) rounders sitting out . It all balances out.

Reactions: OllVol
By your definition of "give your all for Tennessee" Hendon Hooker should play. A QB can and has played with a torn ACL "if the game and his teammates meant that much to him." Philip Rivers did it.

That time Philip Rivers played through a torn ACL in the playoffs

Blah blah blah blah blah. I never said anything about players that were injured playing. Again your hyperbole won't work here. I think Tillman has a pretty good reason for not playing battling injury and recovering from the surgery most of the season. But Hyatt is not hurt and can really help himself with a good performance I think. Besides Young and Anderson are playing and both have way more to risk than Jaylin

Reactions: cgrish
Also Young and Anderson have not officially declared. They might decide they want a national title before they leave Bama. They are both Juniors. So will see.

VN Store

Back