You Bet Your @ss, Week 1

Looking at current lines for week 1 games, are there any you’re betting the farm on?

Interested in:
Utah (-2) @ UF… a lot of unknowns here on Florida’s side. Game is in the swamp, but Utah has a lot of returning guys from last year’s squad. Leaning Utah.

FSU @ LSU (-2.5) Hard to imagine a team with a lot of talent and an experienced HC don’t beat FSU by at least a FG (seeing this line at -3 now in some places.)

Cincy @ Arky (-7) Pittman and his squad should make easy pickings of a depleted Cincy team who lost 9 guys to the NFL and had several super seniors finally run out of eligibility.

WVU (+7) @Pitt I think WVU may be a bit underrated this year. They picked up Daniel’s from UGA, and Josh Pate has them over 6 wins this year. Pitt may be pretty good still but I think this will be a gunfight between Slovis and Daniels.

What else is out there that you’d bet your paycheck on?

Generally speaking you make your money as a gambler betting against the favorites. I'll take Utah over the gators for just this reason, along with Utah generally plays SEC teams close or wins not to mention they also generally play good football. I'll take LSU. Arkansas and Pittman will destroy Cincy, it may be over by half time. I'll take Pitt. They aren't all that great but they'll be better than WVU IMO.

LSU has a new coaching staff, new QB, a cobbled-together OL, and their 5-star Rb Emery can't stay academically eligble.

Their DL is said to be their strength and their best 4 are good, but not much experience behind those. LB corps is new. DBs also a cobbled-together unit of transfers.

I think it is underappreciated that this is first game for a lot of new faces together, while FSU already has one tune-up game under their belt.

I’ve seen too many non SEC, highly ranked teams, get stomped out when facing a perceived mediocre SEC squad.

Utah might very well win. I don’t know. But, history isn’t in their side.

I certainly hope Utah runs wild on them. But I just get the feeling UF is going to be better than people think.

LSU has a new coaching staff, new QB, a cobbled-together OL, and their 5-star Rb Emery can't stay academically eligble.

Their DL is said to be their strength and their best 4 are good, but not much experience behind those. LB corps is new. DBs also a cobbled-together unit of transfers.

I think it is underappreciated that this is first game for a lot of new faces together, while FSU already has one tune-up game under their belt.
Bump ...

VN Store

Back