You Bet Your @ss, Week 1

If I were a betting man, I would bet on a team bringing a proven QB back with a proven HC who was playing at home with a stadium full of passionate fans.

So I would go big with Arky.

LSU fits the bill too except the QB being proven. But FSU sux bad now.

I like Utah but that is a risky bet for various reasons, playing in the swamp, with high heat and humidity of summer that Utah players aren't used to, cramps, etc.

Pitt is overrated but also well coached.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I think UF beats Utah. LSU is going to hammer FSU and Pitt will beat WVU easily. But I am literally the worst gambler there is so there is that.
This is an understatement. LSU is going to beat FSU like a red headed loaner war drum that owes them money.

Utah will give Florida all they can handle but ultimately will wilt in the Florida heat/humidity. Florida wins with a last second field goal.

LSU will beat FSU's eyes shut. Too much talent disparity and Death Valley is a tough place to play.

Arkansas will physically pound Cincinnati. This one will be close for a half but Arkansas will take over in the 2nd half.

Despite Pitt losing Pickett and Addison, I think they will have too much defense for WV to overcome. Pitt wins this one.

Florida will take Utah. Utah gets hot, but not Gainesville hot and humid. Advantage the lizards and the swamp.

It may be over by halftime. Heat won't likely be a problem. Utah is a good football team. I don't know how much they lost from last year but I don't think Florida will have enough time in Napier's system by then

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking Utah will beat Florida, but the closer it gets I keep thinking this might be similar to our 2006 game vs Cal. Highly motivated Gator team ready to take out last seasons frustration on a top 10 PAC10 team.

It may be over by halftime. Heat won't likely be a problem. Utah is a good football team. I don't know how much they lost from last year but I don't think Florida will have enough time in Napier's system by then

If Utah is to win it, they probably have to build a substantial early lead and then hold on. You don't want tired legs chasing AR in the 4th qtr with the game on the line.

What time is the UF -- Utah game kicking off. An afternoon game (TV) would be brutal on the Utes.

What type of offense does Napier run? I admittedly know nothing about him other than he did well at Louisiana. How were his defenses there?

Looking at current lines for week 1 games, are there any you’re betting the farm on?

Interested in:
Utah (-2) @ UF… a lot of unknowns here on Florida’s side. Game is in the swamp, but Utah has a lot of returning guys from last year’s squad. Leaning Utah.

FSU @ LSU (-2.5) Hard to imagine a team with a lot of talent and an experienced HC don’t beat FSU by at least a FG (seeing this line at -3 now in some places.)

Cincy @ Arky (-7) Pittman and his squad should make easy pickings of a depleted Cincy team who lost 9 guys to the NFL and had several super seniors finally run out of eligibility.

WVU (+7) @Pitt I think WVU may be a bit underrated this year. They picked up Daniel’s from UGA, and Josh Pate has them over 6 wins this year. Pitt may be pretty good still but I think this will be a gunfight between Slovis and Daniels.

What else is out there that you’d bet your paycheck on?

I would look at what our 1st quarter team total is. Last year we were highest scoring 1st qtr team and I like anything less than 14. Will have to wait for the line to come out until week of more than likely

Reactions: GoodmanVol
If Utah is to win it, they probably have to build a substantial early lead and then hold on. You don't want tired legs chasing AR in the 4th qtr with the game on the line.

If they have a lead like say a lead like they had on Ohio St. Florida can run AR all day long it would serve Utah well and also UK and us. Utah is a physical team

What type of offense does Napier run? I admittedly know nothing about him other than he did well at Louisiana. How were his defenses there?

I have only heard, but only in passing, that he’s a very run-heavy guy. Likes to play multiple RB’s and try to wear you down, maybe like Stoops at KY?

But again, I know nothing. That’s just what I’ve heard.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Seems like with Tennessee's offense and defense, betting the over in all of their games would be a pretty good bet!

Arkansas for me. Cincinnati lost way too much

I actually like Cincinnati to cover. They return 7 starters on that offense, including all 5 of their O-Line. Arkansas has to reload on defense as they only return 4 starters. I think Arkansas wins, but think it's closer than most think

I actually like Cincinnati to cover. They return 7 starters on that offense, including all 5 of their O-Line. Arkansas has to reload on defense as they only return 4 starters. I think Arkansas wins, but think it's closer than most think
I don’t think much of Cincinnatis offense. They lost their QB and offensive coordinator. Their defense is almost entirely gone. I guess we’ll see who’s right but I like the pigs

Reactions: KillaRed54
I have only heard, but only in passing, that he’s a very run-heavy guy. Likes to play multiple RB’s and try to wear you down, maybe like Stoops at KY?

But again, I know nothing. That’s just what I’ve heard.

They averaged 69 offensive snaps a game last year.

565 rush attempts and 405 pass attempts on the season

40 rush attempts/29 pass attempts per game.

I don't know what his philosophy is or if he's a play the hand your dealt kind of guy.

VN Store

Back