You Bet Your @ss, Week 1

GoodmanVol

Looking at current lines for week 1 games, are there any you’re betting the farm on?

Interested in:
Utah (-2) @ UF… a lot of unknowns here on Florida’s side. Game is in the swamp, but Utah has a lot of returning guys from last year’s squad. Leaning Utah.

FSU @ LSU (-2.5) Hard to imagine a team with a lot of talent and an experienced HC don’t beat FSU by at least a FG (seeing this line at -3 now in some places.)

Cincy @ Arky (-7) Pittman and his squad should make easy pickings of a depleted Cincy team who lost 9 guys to the NFL and had several super seniors finally run out of eligibility.

WVU (+7) @Pitt I think WVU may be a bit underrated this year. They picked up Daniel’s from UGA, and Josh Pate has them over 6 wins this year. Pitt may be pretty good still but I think this will be a gunfight between Slovis and Daniels.

What else is out there that you’d bet your paycheck on?

Have never bet on college sports - too damn frustrating plus, I honestly don't give two Sh*ts about any team other than the Vols. Hard to bet on a team that doesn't exist to you, right??

IF Fl loses the opener in the swamp Napier needs to start renting and looking at openings.

If FSU keeps it within 3 scores on the road they should put that in the win column.

Run heavy razorbacks cruise against Cincy

Closest game of the weekend in Pitt/WV

Even at my Betting Freddy worst, I always tended to lay off week 1 games unless it was an obvious homerun. Just too many unknowns.

I shall follow the verbiage of the Gator fan gentlemen and say that if a gun was to my head-

LSU over FSU. As much as I loathe Brian Kelly, comparing him to Mike Norvell? Different league and quite possibly a different sport. Nobody ever argued that Tiger team was untalented. I'm seeing a final margin the the 11-13 pt range, but the Noles may play tough early.

Hogs over Cincy. No brainier here. Cincy can resume their position as a decent GO5 team, but not much else. I dunno what the Hogs will have to offer this year, but it will be enough to take down Cincy. Final score will be in the range of 8-9 but will not even seem that close

WVU and Pitt. No clue. I would however not be disappointed if the Mountaineers boat raced them. Get them questioning themselves ahead of our week 2 game.

Utah-Florida. Wouldn't touch this one if it was my money. Too many unknowns with Florida. Would not be shocked if Utah eeked something out though. Last minute FG kind of thing after a Florida boo boo.

Guess we shall see in a few weeks how close I was

Reactions: HalfullVol
IF Fl loses the opener in the swamp Napier needs to start renting and looking at openings.

If FSU keeps it within 3 scores on the road they should put that in the win column.

Run heavy razorbacks cruise against Cincy

Closest game of the weekend in Pitt/WV
I hate Florida and all, and hope Napier fails miserably, but why would he “start renting” if he loses the first game of his tenure against what is supposed to be a top 10 team? Sounds rediculous

Looking at current lines for week 1 games, are there any you’re betting the farm on?

Interested in:
Utah (-2) @ UF… a lot of unknowns here on Florida’s side. Game is in the swamp, but Utah has a lot of returning guys from last year’s squad. Leaning Utah.

FSU @ LSU (-2.5) Hard to imagine a team with a lot of talent and an experienced HC don’t beat FSU by at least a FG (seeing this line at -3 now in some places.)

Cincy @ Arky (-7) Pittman and his squad should make easy pickings of a depleted Cincy team who lost 9 guys to the NFL and had several super seniors finally run out of eligibility.

WVU (+7) @Pitt I think WVU may be a bit underrated this year. They picked up Daniel’s from UGA, and Josh Pate has them over 6 wins this year. Pitt may be pretty good still but I think this will be a gunfight between Slovis and Daniels.

It's not a spread, but I'm willing to bet my house and your house on the under in the LSU game

Reactions: PowerT83

Interested in:

The Utes. Florida 0-12

LSU.

Pittman's Piglets

Pitt.

Interested in:

West Virginia against Pittsburgh should be an old fashioned back yard brawl and the best game of Week 1.

VN Store

Back