Yahoo Sports/Pete Thamel Article Says Coaches Expect UT to Flop at the Dance

While our freshmen are still loose with the ball, we had at least 4 charge calls, which count as turnovers. That doesn't happen much.

I know there has been a lot of talk about the charges called against us but it evened out I thought. There was 4/5 called against Bama early on.

I know there has been a lot of talk about the charges called against us but it evened out I thought. There was 4/5 called against Bama early on.

Wasn't really commenting on if they were good or not. The fact that 8+ were called in a game shows that the officials were hell bent on calling them.

Maybe they were both really good defensive teams. But it's not normal.

Wasn't really commenting on if they were good or not. The fact that 8+ were called in a game shows that the officials were hell bent on calling them.

Maybe they were both really good defensive teams. But it's not normal.

Agreed it’s odd for sure 19/17 TOs between the teams and I’d say darn near 10 of the 36 were charges

Reactions: VolGee4
Agreed it’s odd for sure 19/17 TOs between the teams and I’d say darn near 10 of the 36 were charges
Look at the replays. Clearly, in the first half, Alabama was clearing with their arm. Dipping their shoulder. Look at the second half and tell me if you saw the same with Tennessee.

Reactions: walkenvol
Look at the replays. Clearly, in the first half, Alabama was clearing with their arm. Dipping their shoulder. Look at the second half and tell me if you saw the same with Tennessee.

I recall one charge called on us that I thought was bad the rest I thought were correct

the only real issue I have with the officials was Jones walked when ticket was defending him. Make the right call and we get a shot at the lead. And they didn’t foul ticket either after that. Two bad calls

I recall one charge called on us that I thought was bad the rest I thought were correct

the only real issue I have with the officials was Jones walked when ticket was defending him. Make the right call and we get a shot at the lead. And they didn’t foul ticket either after that. Two bad calls
Alabama walks repeatedly. Maybe my rules recollection is poor, but I think they walked at a 5:1 ratio compared to Tennessee.

Reactions: feathersax
I just laugh at TIHS like this. 12 teams beat Oregon State and dare I say none have a defense as stifling as ours on their schedule. Oklahoma State has lost 7 games. We just blew an SEC Championship game shot by a few points to a 2 seed that we had a 15 point lead on most of the game. We will be fine.

Reactions: Lurker
I haven't seen the Beavers play yet, but I'm thinking we beat them and then get hosed by the cowboys.
I'd love to see Winthrop and Burns bounce Nova though.
If that happens watch Burns go for 30 pts and 12 rebounds against us

I just laugh at TIHS like this. 12 teams beat Oregon State and dare I say none have a defense as stifling as ours on their schedule. Oklahoma State has lost 7 games. We just blew an SEC Championship game shot by a few points to a 2 seed that we had a 15 point lead on most of the game. We will be fine.

it’s what Oklahoma state has done lately that is a huge worry. They beat Baylor and West Virginia twice in the last 9 days

The four teams to avoid picking for your bracket and they've listed our Vols #1. A lot of it deals with Fulky's injury but the unnamed coaches comments are interesting - especially the one about VB Jr.

Not that we needed more motivation, but here's some nonetheless.
NCAA tournament: 4 teams to avoid while filling out bracket (yahoo.com)

UT might lose to OK State, but it will not be a blowout. I give UT a 50/50 chance. Let's not look past Oregon st, but I say UT has a decent chance against any team they play. Look, Alabama is one of the top teams in the country and UT was leading throughout the game with a real chance of winning it. With Fulk back UT has an even better chance.

Big 12 is overrated

I hope that’s the case and I will say Barnes has always done a solid job of taking Away a teams number 1 option when I’m comes to a one show opponent. That appears to be what Oklahoma state is so Maybe that’s a good thing

I just dont understand why certain posters on here think that after 20 years of a coaching record Barnes is suddenly going to change and get his teams deep into the tourney.

His record is his record.

The sweet 16 is pretty much his ceiling.

I just dont understand why certain posters on here think that after 20 years of a coaching record Barnes is suddenly going to change and get his teams deep into the tourney.

Not seeing much talk of more than that here

Not any talk of beating illinois that I have seen

Reactions: Lankykong and NEO

His record says we should have done better in the regular season. It’s reverse Rick time baby

Not seeing much talk of more than that here

Not any talk of beating illinois that I have seen

Illinois is gonna be tough for anyone. I could see them going final 4 or even getting lucky and going all the way. They looked really good against OSU and in their tourney.

They averaged 9.9 turnovers per game the first 13 games. That is phenomenal, so it has not been the problem the entire time. Know what you’re talking about before commenting.
lol , turnovers are a problem with this team and so are the scoring droughts and no shooters. take off those orange colored glasses.
right now for the year they are avg 12.5

Last edited:
You know the saying. Survive and advance. I expect a 10 pt win in opener. Second round against Ok St we squeeze a victory out by 3. Ok St for the year is worse in turnover category. Go Vols. In CHRIST Alone

The only thing making me not feel lost already about OKSt is that we’re actually pretty good at taking away a team’s top option. Not many players have really dominated us by themselves

Oh its you again with its going to be fine. The same problems that has been going on since the season started is all of a sudden going to fix itself. Cant believe you didnt make this about somebody wanting Barnes to be fired.

Everyone is 0-0 in the NCAA Tournament right now.

Whatever issues we had in the regular season is totally irrelevant at this time of year.

We have plenty of talent to make a deep run. It won’t be easy but it’s possible.

lol , turnovers are a problem with this team and so are the scoring droughts and no shooters. take off those orange colored glasses.
right now for the year they are avg 12.5

I can handle that average amount with the way they play defense. They had 13 and 13 in the consecutive UF games. They had 20 against Bama, but 4/5 were charges which is unusual. Keep turnovers at 13 or less, and UT will win games. The scoring droughts can hold them back.

VN Store

Back