Yahoo claiming Bray and Couch (among others) took cash? (Merged)

why would we pay Bray? it wasnt like he was a 5-star recruit coming out or anything

Do some of you even comprehend what's going on here? Don't think the story is implying that we paid anyone to come here. It's more of a case of Bray and Couch receiving outside funds from some douchenozzle bagman. Nothing more. And the amounts are very small to incinuate it has anything to do with the conditions of them playing in Knoxville. Sit Couch a half at the South Alabama game and call it a day.

Reactions: 5 people
Big difference here is that if the article is correct there is a paper trail whereas there does not appear to be one in the Manziel case

These agents are not the brightest using Western Union and putting players' names on them. The agents are the ones that need to be penalized. Give them a few years in jail and they may think twice about ever doing it again or bar them if they are attorneys.

Reactions: 2 people
Did you not read the article at all? There is no "we" here. NFL agents funneled money through an ex-Bama player. No university involvement.

But Tennessee can't afford anything like this. Tennessee is on probation. What isn't clear about that. I know Tennessee boosters were not involved but it is what it is.

Do some of you even comprehend what's going on here? Don't think the story is implying that we paid anyone to come here. It's more of a case of Bray and Couch receiving outside funds from some douchenozzle bagman. Nothing more. And the amounts are very small to incinuate it has anything to do with the conditions of them playing in Knoxville. Sit Couch a half at the South Alabama game and call it a day.

Straight out of the Mark Richt playbook.lol

But Tennessee can't afford anything like this. Tennessee is on probation. What isn't clear about that. I know Tennessee boosters were not involved but it is what it is.
I don't think you know what it is. What could the University of Tennessee done to prevent it? This is an eligibility issue. Not a lack of institutional control issue. UT will be fine

Reactions: 6 people
It all boils down to feeding the beast!!!

Tennessee football made millions last year. NCAA days are numbered for college football.

Just sayin

It all boils down to feeding the beast!!!

Tennessee football made millions last year. NCAA days are numbered for college football.

Just sayin

Yep. The SEC will be the first conference to pull out of the NCAA and start their own association. The NCAA will lose major dollars.

To be fair, "we" didn't cheat. Some agents funneled chump change to Bray and Couch through a former Alabama player. I fail to see a connection to the University. What I do see is a couple of dumbasses risking their alma mater's future over, basically, beer money. SMH.

IIRC Couch has a kid - may not have been beer money

Reactions: 2 people
Is this one of those lack institutional control issues?

I would not call it LOIC, but Tennessee Football will take a hit. Hopefully the NCAA simply extends the probation. Cannot afford scholly reductions or bowl bans. I am listening to Jayson Swains show and he is freaking out. i'd say this is a big deal. hope I am wrong.

So couch is playing now. Will jones be forced to make him sit on the bench this year?

That's being speculated as fact on sports radio here in Nashville.... That Couch will undoubtedly sit this weekend and that he's done at UT. Don't know if that's an accurate take but they're saying it very matter of fact. Guess we'll know soon.

If anything at all happens it should be worse for bama because fluker was the middle man it seems.

I would not call it LOIC, but Tennessee Football will take a hit. Hopefully the NCAA simply extends the probation. Cannot afford scholly reductions or bowl bans. I am listening to Jayson Swains show and he is freaking out. i'd say this is a big deal. hope I am wrong.

Thanks. I'm tuning into Swain now.

I don't think you know what it is. What could the University of Tennessee done to prevent it? This is an eligibility issue. Not a lack of institutional control issue. UT will be fine

^^This. The money did not come from a booster or from anyone with ties to UT. Bama on the other hand is in deep with a former player with ties to UA, who is also more than likely a booster, giving money to Fluker.

VN Store

Back