Y’all have to help me understand the problem with this hire....

Honestly, I think that has a lot to do with it. His being a Heisman runner-up, Natty-winning player kind of helps but more so being a former QB means he knows how to lead a team. I don't have any proof but I would bet if you looked at successful coaches who were former players they would probably lean to be mostly QB's and LB/S types because those guys are usually the team/unit leaders.
Johnny Majors could tell you all about being a Heisman runner up as well 😉
Two other traits I think that Heupel brings from his playing days that serve us well are his extreme competitiveness and his absolute joy for the game.

Just saw where Beamer just got a $4 million raise. 😬
It’s time to pay Heup what he is worth. I am almost ashamed of how stingy we have been. I have no doubt it is coming, but we need to go ahead and get it done. I can see this sort of thing being used in negative recruiting if we don’t.
sadly that's been a historical thing at UT its improved a lot over the past 5-6 years though.

“No coordinators like Pruitt or Elliot!! Head Coach experience is a must!” ✅

“Not just any HC experience, we don’t need Dykes, he better be a winner!” ✅

“We don’t need any NCAA baggage!” ✅

“Football has evolved, no defensive minds, we need an offensive guru!” ✅✅✅✅

Why don’t we like this hire again?? Is it because he’s not P5? AAC is as close as you can get without actually being P5, I would say they are a stronger conference than PAC-12 and maybe even Big 12 at this moment, and we just took one of their best coaches.
You win Volnation 🏆

Reactions: swampfoxfan
His winning totals shrinks every year and only 1-2 against ranked teams with his only win coming in his first year. Seems like he's riding the success that Scout Frost was building before he left.

Plus, he's fat and says "aight" too much like someone else we know.
Good call 😂😂😂

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Didn’t you hear? Even though White hasn’t really hired anyone, the interwebz has said Josh Heupel is a candidate. So that means he is hired. White is a terrible AD. He is a terrible head coach and VN is melting down.
Yeah they are :D They sure are lol

Good call 😂😂😂

My sincerest apologies to CJH. Especially for the attempted fat shaming. I was upset with the hire at the time, but so glad to eat crow now. I'm sure you knew he was going to be a great hire and was going to be so successful. I'm sure you were excited like everyone was. Lol. Here a thought: get a life.

I ate my crow. Now, get a life. I'm sure I'm not the only passionate fan to be less than thrilled about this initially. But what kind of person are you? A big Karen in my book.

Nah, not a Karen. I just thought your comment was funny and over the top. Sorry I was entertaining myself.

VN Store

Back