Y’all have to help me understand the problem with this hire....

Every time one of you Goobers brings one of these "gems" up from the Vault...I ALWAYS like to quickly scan through to see just what stupid thing I might have said...

Good to see I kept my fingers motionless here.

frankly...I JUST "Got on the Heup-Train" after the Florida game this year...

After Saturday night...I'm in the Club Car enjoying my friend George, donating to Spyre and along for the RIDE!!!!!

CHOO-CHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It’s cool how instead of celebrating a win you choose to do this but ok. Lots of people were wrong. Just like the ones who thought Butch and the rest would be great. But if this makes you feel better have at it guys.

Reactions: minorvol
Every time one of you Goobers brings one of these "gems" up from the Vault...I ALWAYS like to quickly scan through to see just what stupid thing I might have said...

Good to see I kept my fingers motionless here.

frankly...I JUST "Got on the Heup-Train" after the Florida game this year...

After Saturday night...I'm in the Club Car enjoying my friend George, donating to Spyre and along for the RIDE!!!!!

CHOO-CHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I poo pood all over the hire and I don’t deny or hide it. I’m also really glad to be wrong. If these guys wanna make their penises feel larger by running fellow fans in the ground let ‘em. Some women like to search their boyfriends emails and stuff from a year or so before they got together. It’s all good. Go Vols.

Exactly. I’d be happy with a coach that did less with more or built something. Not one with a near losing record or one that started with a 13-0 team and got worse. I’d be even happier if they would get over this Moral Compass U bull crap.

Moral U finishes 11-2 with an Orange Bowl win and beating 3 of the last 4 Nat'l Champions.

His winning totals shrinks every year and only 1-2 against ranked teams with his only win coming in his first year. Seems like he's riding the success that Scout Frost was building before he left.

Plus, he's fat and says "aight" too much like someone else we know.

Did you ever recover from this?

The reason I hate the “hire” if it’s actually a hire is basically it’s wash, rinse, repeat. It’s no different than Dooley, Jones or Pruitt. Same Shizz different day. Meaning, there will be another HC search in 3-4 years this guys is underwhelming at best. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it
:D:D

Reactions: BDP! and VolPack22
It wasn’t long ago under cornbread that we actually had a losing streak against EVERY SINGLE SEC team if I remember correctly
Yep and it only took two years to turn this decade+ dumpster fire around. All it took was a national championship winning QB at the helm that knows what it takes to win and gain the respect of his players 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Yep and it only took two years to turn this decade+ dumpster fire around. All it took was a national championship winning QB at the helm that knows what it takes to win and gain the respect of his players 🤷‍♂️
A couple of hundred water bottles, one mustard bottle, and one golf ball played their parts too you know 😉

I wasn’t a fan the day he was hired but he’s won me over. I thought it was going to take a “big name” splash hire to bring us back but now we’re 5-0 with the pedal down against Bama.

If Coach Hype pulls this off, me and several others need to be on here eating crow. We owe him that much.

Happy to sing his praises.

No chance I was going to give another guy blind faith but CJH didn’t ask for that and clearly didn’t need it.

He proved himself this year and has everyone’s support. Not because of some blind loyalty but because of hard work, long hours, and raw talent.

Dude gets it and I’m thrilled to have him at UT.

#GBO

Reactions: VolDave53
The reason I hate the “hire” if it’s actually a hire is basically it’s wash, rinse, repeat. It’s no different than Dooley, Jones or Pruitt. Same Shizz different day. Meaning, there will be another HC search in 3-4 years this guys is underwhelming at best. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it
tenor.gif

Very few people hated the hire. You have to understand with names like Hugh Freeze floating around, Josh Heupel was initially a little underwhelming. With that being said a lot of people’s assumptions (including mine), were thankfully incorrect. WAR Heupel

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Buddy, he took over a stacked program that went undefeated. 3 years later they were 5-3 in the damn AAC. UCF fans and beat writers don't think he has the program going in the right direction.

But hey, you want to sheep it up, do your thang. Hope isn't a bad thing, but I'm not joining you.

It’s fun to look back and see terrible takes like this. Some people know a lot less about football than they think they do.

Just reminding that this was my thought about Heupel when he was hired in a thread before the 2021 season.

I think that since the NCAA violations are an unknown at this point, trying to judge his recruiting so far is a wasted exercise. He played and coached at Oklahoma when they beat Alabama under Saban in a bowl game. So, he knows the best teams have to have talent.
He has an identity as a head coach. The last 4 coaches didn't really have that. Especially Pruitt. He knows what he wants to do both offensively and defensively. Now I have watched a lot of game film on UCF on the past 3 seasons and I did think that his in game decision not to kick the field goal against Pitt late in the 4th quarter probably cost them the game. But on the whole, he is smooth and makes fast, good, well thought through decisions. I am encouraged about us moving forward because he has a vision and he has used it before with a lot of success as a head coach. 28 - 8 with 3 bowl appearances in 3 years as a head coach is more impressive than any resume coming from a head coach hire that we have had since Johnny Majors.

Honestly, I think that has a lot to do with it. His being a Heisman runner-up, Natty-winning player kind of helps but more so being a former QB means he knows how to lead a team. I don't have any proof but I would bet if you looked at successful coaches who were former players they would probably lean to be mostly QB's and LB/S types because those guys are usually the team/unit leaders.

Reactions: VolPack22
Honestly, I think that has a lot to do with it. His being a Heisman runner-up, Natty-winning player kind of helps but more so being a former QB means he knows how to lead a team. I don't have any proof but I would bet if you looked at successful coaches who were former players they would probably lean to be mostly QB's and LB/S types because those guys are usually the team/unit leaders.
There have been a few OL that went on to become a HC.

Just saw where Beamer just got a $4 million raise. 😬
It’s time to pay Heup what he is worth. I am almost ashamed of how stingy we have been. I have no doubt it is coming, but we need to go ahead and get it done. I can see this sort of thing being used in negative recruiting if we don’t.

VN Store

Back