Y’all have to help me understand the problem with this hire....

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
“No coordinators like Pruitt or Elliot!! Head Coach experience is a must!” ✅

“Not just any HC experience, we don’t need Dykes, he better be a winner!” ✅

“We don’t need any NCAA baggage!” ✅

“Football has evolved, no defensive minds, we need an offensive guru!” ✅✅✅✅

Why don’t we like this hire again?? Is it because he’s not P5? AAC is as close as you can get without actually being P5, I would say they are a stronger conference than PAC-12 and maybe even Big 12 at this moment, and we just took one of their best coaches.

I don’t hate the hire, I think people overestimate the amount and the quality of coaches who would want this job right now. I just generally don’t want guys who took over a great program and sustained that success, like JH or Butch Jones. I want guys who took a program that was performing poorly and elevated it, like Napier or Chadwell.

I don’t hate the hire, I think people overestimate the amount and the quality of coaches who would want this job right now. I just generally don’t want guys who took over a great program and sustained that success, like JH or Butch Jones. I want guys who took a program that was performing poorly and elevated it, like Napier or Chadwell.
Exactly. I’d be happy with a coach that did less with more or built something. Not one with a near losing record or one that started with a 13-0 team and got worse. I’d be even happier if they would get over this Moral Compass U bull crap.

Why don’t we like this hire again?? Is it because he’s not P5? AAC is as close as you can get without actually being P5, I would say they are a stronger conference than PAC-12 and maybe even Big 12 at this moment, and we just took one of their best coaches.
Trajectory

Attachments

• E348DE14-5D8F-4F01-9B6D-BD43B8418001.jpeg
    E348DE14-5D8F-4F01-9B6D-BD43B8418001.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 438
Exactly. I’d be happy with a coach that did less with more or built something. Not one with a near losing record or one that started with a 13-0 team and got worse. I’d be even happier if they would get over this Moral Compass U bull crap.

I think we are overstating the losses he’s had at UCF. Most of them are very close losses, and this year two of them were to programs that spent most of the season in the Top 10. Those two losses (one of which was a 36-33 loss to Cincy) account for 25% of the games he’s lost as a head coach.

The reason I hate the “hire” if it’s actually a hire is basically it’s wash, rinse, repeat. It’s no different than Dooley, Jones or Pruitt. Same Shizz different day. Meaning, there will be another HC search in 3-4 years this guys is underwhelming at best. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it

Near losing record? How do you not get worse with a 13-0 team? Are you dumb?

The main thing about this next hire is they need to be well aware of what they are getting into and who the team they field will be playing against almost every week. The SEC as we all know have bigger stronger and more than anything faster athletes in general than any other league so recruiting the type of player will be totally different than they have been use to. If they can do that I'm good with it.

They have to bring in a staff that is up to that task as well and be able to trust and let their coaches coach. If their coaches are successful and the team is as well expect those coaches to leave for bigger and better things and be ready to hire someone new and fire someone that is not producing friend or not.

They must realize they have a larger budget to hire coaches and not be the coattail their current staff too ride to a payday and remember that if your staff and team do not perform the wrath of the Volnation is known to be harsh so be aware because we are true fan-atics both good or bad. If they can do that I.m good with them no matter where they come from.

It's because people deluded themselves into thinking that Kiffin or Freeze were the only options. Are they better head coaches? Maybe, we really don't know. Are they better offensive minds? I can't tell you, because Heupel's offenses have run like clockwork.

The reason I hate the “hire” if it’s actually a hire is basically it’s wash, rinse, repeat. It’s no different than Dooley, Jones or Pruitt. Same Shizz different day. Meaning, there will be another HC search in 3-4 years this guys is underwhelming at best. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it

It is different than all three of those hires. Dooley had a losing record as a head coach. Pruitt was a career assistant. It's closest to Jones, who was here for 5 years, and gave us the best football we've had in the past 12 years at least. I hate Butch, but he was the best of those three. By all accounts, Heupel is not a dud of a coach. Maybe he won't work out, but there is no way to say he absolutely won't sitting here tonight.

Reactions: INDEFENSE
What was UCFs record this last year? At this point I’d settle for Elliot. Not having any HC experience is the only thing I’m not crazy about. If it’s the best UT can do then why not roll the dice?

His winning totals shrinks every year and only 1-2 against ranked teams with his only win coming in his first year. Seems like he's riding the success that Scout Frost was building before he left.

Plus, he's fat and says "aight" too much like someone else we know.

Last edited:
What was UCFs record this last year?

They went 6-4.

Had 10 opt outs prior to the season beginning, including multiple starters, and more players opted out during the year due to COVID.

They lost to Tulsa, Memphis by 1 point, and the mighty Luke Fickell (who most here would welcome with open arms) by 3, and then BYU in a bowl.

It wasn't perfect, but the offense was impressive even in such few games. 3574 passing yards and 32 touchdowns; 2107 rushing yards and 23 touchdowns.

We would be so lucky to have a good offense for the first time since Dobbs left.

His winning totals shrinks every year and only 1-2 against ranked teams with his only win coming in his first year. Seems like he's riding the success that Scout Frost was building before he left.

Plus, he's fat and says "aight" to much like someone else we know.

Frost didn’t build anything at UCF.

Reactions: JoAllan
What was UCFs record this last year?

6-4, and the guy had like 10 key players opt out for COVID before the season started. He also had a ton opt out for the bowl game against BYU.

He lost to a Cincy team that was in serious playoff talk by 3 points, a really good Memphis team by 1 point after they came off a bye, and a really good Tulsa team that was also coming off a bye and took Oklahoma State to the wire. He lost that one by 8 points, and aside from the BYU bowl game, that 8 point loss was the worst of his career.

Last edited:
The main problem “if” Heupel gets hired..........is Chadwell & Elliot.

Chadwell has proven he can build programs. He is offensive minded. He is from Tennessee. He just seems to be a much better choice.

And Elliot certainly has more upside......a gamble yea......but won’t Heupel be one too?

“If” Heupel is the guy.......and we find White didn’t even talk with Chadwell........wow.......that would be a dagger to Tennessee fans.

however......we don’t really know, and I’ll remain hopeful for another maybe 12 hours or so.

6-4, and the guy had like 10 key players opt out for COVID before the season started. He also had a ton opt out for the bowl game against BYU.

He lost to a Cincy team that was in serious playoff talk by 3 points, a really good Memphis team by 1 point after they came off a bye, and a really good Tulsa team that was almost coming off a bye and took Oklahoma State to the wire.
I guess at this point it may just not get any better. I’ve refused to accept it for a long time. If it’s the best that can be done then hire him. I think personally it’s just the fear that UT football will never be relevant again if the next coach isn’t the right one. I suppose that could be the case regardless of who is hired.

The main problem “if” Heupel gets hired..........is Chadwell & Elliot.

Chadwell has proven he can build programs. He is offensive minded. He is from Tennessee. He just seems to be a much better choice.

And Elliot certainly has more upside......a gamble yea......but won’t Heupel be one too?

“If” Heupel is the guy.......and we find White didn’t even talk with Chadwell........wow.......that would be a dagger to Tennessee fans.

however......we don’t really know, and I’ll remain hopeful for another maybe 12 hours or so.

Why does Elliot have more upside? Because he put up good offensive numbers in the abysmal ACC with Trevor Lawrence, Amari Rogers, Tee Higgins, Travis Etienne, Hunter Renfro, etc etc etc? I could put up great offensive numbers in that scenario too, especially if I had Dabo overriding any bad calls I was going to make.

Reactions: Vol524

Buddy, he took over a stacked program that went undefeated. 3 years later they were 5-3 in the damn AAC. UCF fans and beat writers don't think he has the program going in the right direction.

But hey, you want to sheep it up, do your thang. Hope isn't a bad thing, but I'm not joining you.

VN Store

Back