XFL 2023

I really hope they have some concrete plans coming out soon, and I hope they can keep all the existing teams.

And selfishly I still want a team in Nashville.

Reactions: MAD
Nashville is like the 28th largest TV market. DC and Tampa are both Top 12.

St. Louis is 23rd and they supported the Rams so well they went back to Los Angeles, and the XFL was considering San Antonio which is 31st.

I don't expect Nashville to get one, mostly because they'll still shoot for higher markets and I doubt they are expanding any time soon if they actually do come back.

St. Louis is 23rd and they supported the Rams so well they went back to Los Angeles, and the XFL was considering San Antonio which is 31st.

I don't expect Nashville to get one, mostly because they'll still shoot for higher markets and I doubt they are expanding any time soon if they actually do come back.
I must have missed something, is the XFL for sure going to have a second season?

I must have missed something, is the XFL for sure going to have a second season?

They were bought by The Rock, his ex-wife business partner and another company back in August and they are currently planning on having a 2021 spring season in a bubble environment like the NBA and NHL are currently doing. Whether that happens remains to be seen but it's definitely not dead.

Reactions: DocVOLiday and MAD
They were bought by The Rock, his ex-wife business partner and another company back in August and they are currently planning on having a 2021 spring season in a bubble environment like the NBA and NHL are currently doing. Whether that happens remains to be seen but it's definitely not dead.
There is just something about the XFL that makes it more enjoyable for me to watch over the NFL. Maybe it’s not really being tied to a team or some of the differences between the two leagues like the rules or the production That networks put on.. I guess it was fun watching it from day one and also it was a lot easier to learn and identify with each team when there are only eight versus 32.

There is just something about the XFL that makes it more enjoyable for me to watch over the NFL. Maybe it’s not really being tied to a team or some of the differences between the two leagues like the rules or the production That networks put on.. I guess it was fun watching it from day one and also it was a lot easier to learn and identify with each team when there are only eight versus 32.

I don't like it more than the NFL but I definitely liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It was a pro league but felt like between pro and college, and the TV presentation was top notch. It really was obvious how much more serious the XFL presented itself and was taken by the sports world this time. And I think it really proved there is a place for a tweener league like this.

Plus since I like the CFL it was set up that I almost would have football year round. College/NFL goes into the XFL and the XFL would end in the end of April, and then it would just be about 2 months before the CFL started, which leads right back into the NFL/College.

I liked the XFL but it was more enjoyable watching games while being active in this thread and Dave ruined this thread all by himself.

Kind of bummed that we should be getting the second season (third technically I guess) in about a month but instead we have to wait another year; and even then we don't know exactly what is coming back. I'm hoping they get the same type TV deal but without McMahon I'm wondering if they will.

Does anyone know if the current XFL teams still exist or will they start over from scratch next year?

Kind of bummed that we should be getting the second season (third technically I guess) in about a month but instead we have to wait another year; and even then we don't know exactly what is coming back. I'm hoping they get the same type TV deal but without McMahon I'm wondering if they will.
It was good before covid shut it down. Who is Dave?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the current XFL teams still exist or will they start over from scratch next year?

Good question.

My guess is LA and New York will due to the market but New York will probably move to play where the MLS Red Bulls play. MetLife is way too big for them. St. Louis and Seattle will be back because they both were getting 40K a game, and Dallas, Houston, and DC all had good enough support. Tampa is the only one I can see moving because Raymond James Stadium is too big for them but Tampa doesn't have an MLS stadium they could play in. I could see them moving to Orlando or Miami, as both have MLS teams and suitable stadiums and they probably want a team in Florida.

I approve this merger.

They should merge and have both teams play their seasons like the National League and American League used to. Then have the champions meet and every year rotate from a Canadian host to an American host. If they play in Canada, it's Canadian rules, if in the US it's American rules.

They should merge and have both teams play their seasons like the National League and American League used to. Then have the champions meet and every year rotate from a Canadian host to an American host. If they play in Canada, it's Canadian rules, if in the US it's American rules.
I like everything about this except the Canadian rules, they need to just adopt the American rules.

I like everything about this except the Canadian rules, they need to just adopt the American rules.

I don't know man, I like some things about their game. I don't care for the 3 downs, but the multiple men in motion is cool and you can score 1 point which can get you crazy endings like this:

Imagine a Tennessee/Florida game coming down to each team punting it back to each other.

VN Store

Back