XFL 2023

Vegas, Orlando, San Antonio to join XFL in '23

As expected the New York Guardians, Los Angeles Wildcats, and Tampa Bay Vipers are out, replaced with Las Vegas, San Antonio, and Orlando. I thought it was odd they said "Arlington" given that's where the Cowboys and Rangers play and the Renegades played there before. Maybe just naming the actual cities and not necessarily the team names.

I wonder if some of the cities coming back are getting new names, though I know Seattle will probably keep the Dragons and St. Louis the Battlehawks because both were popular.

This means only Houston will now have an NFL team, a USFL team, and an XFL team.

Reactions: MAD
Next year, assuming something bad doesn't happen, is going to be possibly the start of a "Golden Age" of spring and non-NFL professional football.

After the Super Bowl in 2023, we'll have an XFL season, which will then cross over into the start of the USFL season, which will the crossover into the start of the CFL season, which will then take us back into the start of college and NFL football. That's some at least pretty decent football year long.

I doubt that will last more than a few years because I think the XFL/USFL will either have one (or both) eventually fold or best case scenario they end up merging.

So turned out the rumors of the cities was true. I thought it was interesting that the Vipers moved to Vegas and the Guardians moved to Orlando. I would have thought the Vipers would move to Orlando.

I also think it's kind of silly they went with the Arlington Renegades instead of Dallas Renegades. I get they actually play in Arlington but so do the Rangers and Cowboys. I read Arlington paid them extra to use that name instead of Dallas. I would at least made it the Texas Renegades. Calling them Arlington just sounds so much more minor league to me. I mean part of the sell is the image; there' sa reason they are the New York Giants and New York Jets and not the East Rutherford Giants and Jets.

So turned out the rumors of the cities was true. I thought it was interesting that the Vipers moved to Vegas and the Guardians moved to Orlando. I would have thought the Vipers would move to Orlando.

I also think it's kind of silly they went with the Arlington Renegades instead of Dallas Renegades. I get they actually play in Arlington but so do the Rangers and Cowboys. I read Arlington paid them extra to use that name instead of Dallas. I would at least made it the Texas Renegades. Calling them Arlington just sounds so much more minor league to me. I mean part of the sell is the image; there' sa reason they are the New York Giants and New York Jets and not the East Rutherford Giants and Jets.
Vegas Vipers has a nice ring to it.

Well the Giants and Jets both originally played in NY and not NJ so

Interesting that they seemed to switch the color scheme for the Vipers and Guardians. Seems like it would have just have been easier to say the Vipers moved to Orlando and the Guardians to Las Vegas. The only thing I can think of is someone thought "Las Vegas Vipers" and "Orlando Guardians" sound better than "Las Vegas Guardians" and "Orlando Vipers".

Interesting that they seemed to switch the color scheme for the Vipers and Guardians. Seems like it would have just have been easier to say the Vipers moved to Orlando and the Guardians to Las Vegas. The only thing I can think of is someone thought "Las Vegas Vipers" and "Orlando Guardians" sound better than "Las Vegas Guardians" and "Orlando Vipers".

Just had a deja vu.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Does anyone else think it's odd that the XFL is supposed to kick off in less than 2 months and they don't even have a schedule out yet? In the 2020 season they had a schedule ready in October 2019.

Can you tell me which teams are the same from 2020 and which teams moved to where?

Los Angeles Wildcats are gone, in their palce the San Antonio Brahmas.
New York Guardians became the Orlando Guardians.
Tampa Bay Vipers became the Las Vegas Vipers.

But the Las Vegas VIpers got the old NY Guardians colors and the Orlando Guardians got the old TB Vipers color scheme.

Dallas Renedgades are playing in the same stadium but now are going by the Arlington Renegades but are basically the same team.

Seattle Dragons became the Seattle Sea Dragons but are basically the same team.

DC Defenders, Houston Roughnecks, and St. Louis Battlehawks are all the same minus new uniforms but same color schemes and all.

Los Angeles Wildcats are gone, in their palce the San Antonio Brahmas.
New York Guardians became the Orlando Guardians.
Tampa Bay Vipers became the Las Vegas Vipers.

But the Las Vegas VIpers got the old NY Guardians colors and the Orlando Guardians got the old TB Vipers color scheme.

Dallas Renedgades are playing in the same stadium but now are going by the Arlington Renegades but are basically the same team.

Seattle Dragons became the Seattle Sea Dragons but are basically the same team.

DC Defenders, Houston Roughnecks, and St. Louis Battlehawks are all the same minus new uniforms but same color schemes and all.
Thank you.

Weren’t the best two teams back in 2020 the Roughnecks and Battlehawks?

I loved the energy from the fans in St. Louis, hope they continue to do well.

VN Store

Back