XFL 2023

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
Vegas, Orlando, San Antonio to join XFL in '23

As expected the New York Guardians, Los Angeles Wildcats, and Tampa Bay Vipers are out, replaced with Las Vegas, San Antonio, and Orlando. I thought it was odd they said "Arlington" given that's where the Cowboys and Rangers play and the Renegades played there before. Maybe just naming the actual cities and not necessarily the team names.

I wonder if some of the cities coming back are getting new names, though I know Seattle will probably keep the Dragons and St. Louis the Battlehawks because both were popular.

This means only Houston will now have an NFL team, a USFL team, and an XFL team.

VolsSportsFan

Next year, assuming something bad doesn't happen, is going to be possibly the start of a "Golden Age" of spring and non-NFL professional football.

After the Super Bowl in 2023, we'll have an XFL season, which will then cross over into the start of the USFL season, which will the crossover into the start of the CFL season, which will then take us back into the start of college and NFL football. That's some at least pretty decent football year long.

I doubt that will last more than a few years because I think the XFL/USFL will either have one (or both) eventually fold or best case scenario they end up merging.

VolsSportsFan

So turned out the rumors of the cities was true. I thought it was interesting that the Vipers moved to Vegas and the Guardians moved to Orlando. I would have thought the Vipers would move to Orlando.

I also think it's kind of silly they went with the Arlington Renegades instead of Dallas Renegades. I get they actually play in Arlington but so do the Rangers and Cowboys. I read Arlington paid them extra to use that name instead of Dallas. I would at least made it the Texas Renegades. Calling them Arlington just sounds so much more minor league to me. I mean part of the sell is the image; there' sa reason they are the New York Giants and New York Jets and not the East Rutherford Giants and Jets.

mad4vols

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
So turned out the rumors of the cities was true. I thought it was interesting that the Vipers moved to Vegas and the Guardians moved to Orlando. I would have thought the Vipers would move to Orlando.

I also think it's kind of silly they went with the Arlington Renegades instead of Dallas Renegades. I get they actually play in Arlington but so do the Rangers and Cowboys. I read Arlington paid them extra to use that name instead of Dallas. I would at least made it the Texas Renegades. Calling them Arlington just sounds so much more minor league to me. I mean part of the sell is the image; there' sa reason they are the New York Giants and New York Jets and not the East Rutherford Giants and Jets.
Vegas Vipers has a nice ring to it.

YankeeVol

This is the way

Well the Giants and Jets both originally played in NY and not NJ so

VN Store