Would you Quit Beating Your Head Against The Wall

I think maybe he/she is advocating for some fans to start thinking logically and rationally for a change. This board has went full idiocracy ever since this season started.
We

Lost

To

Georgia

State

Yet we still showed up vs Georgia. Fans have done everything they can. We're still waiting on a decent product on the field that can get us to a bowl game. Maybe next year

Reactions: Titan05
giphy.gif
Love that flick

Fan short for fanatic.
Not a fan if not fanatic.

Btw, no one asked, but I think it's the water boys fault.

I'll go back to the old Optimists, Realists, Pessimists category. I prefer realism with a lean towards optimism when talking about my vols. Most posts this season though are trending towards pessimism. I'm with the OP. Most commonly when there are an assortment of new coaches and young players, you'll see terrible results. But once the coaches gel and Pruitt's players become Juniors and Seniors, that's when strong results should show. "But we gave Dooley and Butch all those years for nothing". Yep, well start firing coaches every two years unless they win by year two and see if that works out for you.

Now, I'll join the Pessimists towards the middle to end of year three. Or, I'll sign on to getting a new coach if Saban comes knocking (a proven coach) which clearly is not going to happen (someone call Gruden).

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Pruitt is not going anywhere, Fulmer is not going anywhere so get on board and support the guys in Orange and White, our young team and our coaching staff needs us to support them.
Fulmer has put Pruitt back in honeymoon mode...…..

I watch every game hoping to pull out a win.

However, I give credit where it’s due and I criticize where it’s due.

We’re not a good football team and it’s pointless to make excuses for the team’s poor performance this season.

And to be clear, nobody hates Pruitt personally. He’s just not gave us a reason to think he’s the guy to turn this program around.

Don't tell me what to do! I'll beat my head against anything I want! :oops:

Pruitt is not going anywhere, Fulmer is not going anywhere so get on board and support the guys in Orange and White, our young team and our coaching staff needs us to support them.

You started a thread Saturday night, after a 43-14 home loss, screeching cacophonously about how we have the right coach. Ridiculous!

Now, you’re telling us what to do, and to not beat our head against the wall?

With what I’ve laid out, it’s easily discernible who’s been beating their head. Psssst, it’s not who you think it is.

These crybaby post disgust me. I think some gotta be rivals pretending

Reactions: Behr

Trust me...if it continues down the current path both fulmer and Pruitt will absolutely be going somewhere. If fulmer is smart he’ll put the knife in the back of ole Pruitt before it costs them both.

There are going to be some new converts come Saturday.......one side or the other.
One thing I've learned about this place and I guess you could say just in a general sense, some (not all) people would rather feel vindicated than admit they were wrong. Not all or even a majority, but some.

I havent taken a hard stance on Pruitt or the staff yet. I'm not confident either way. The program needs a win Saturday. The players need a win. The fans need a win.

A win would be great but what I would want to see is at least another year or 2 out. Assuming he buys himself that much time.

Reactions: Behr and JoAllan
I watch every game hoping to pull out a win.

However, I give credit where it’s due and I criticize where it’s due.

We’re not a good football team and it’s pointless to make excuses for the team’s poor performance this season.

And to be clear, nobody hates Pruitt personally. He’s just not gave us a reason to think he’s the guy to turn this program around.
I dont agree with the last part.

Its evident some were pissed he was offered the job, some that hes a Bama guy, some that hes not who they wanted. His struggles have made that a lot easier to be vocal about.
Can some of them live with him if hes successful? Yes. But it's a lot easier to go armageddon when you didnt like him to begin with. That would happen with the first slip after that.

Reactions: Behr and VolinMC
We've taken the sunshine approach two other times and both times has failed. We were told to give Dooley plenty of time and we did. He got probably one more year than he deserved And then we kept Butch for 5 years and look at the irreparable damage he's done to the program. Why can't we try another approach for once? The sunshine Pumpers always get their way and then we find out what a big mistake it was and then they ask us to do it all over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 'Boro-vol
I'm not worried, Pruitt says we're 100x better than last year, we'll be 200x better next year and 300x better in year 4, look out SEC, the Vowels are coming to a town near you soon

VN Store

Back