Would you Quit Beating Your Head Against The Wall

Pruitt is not going anywhere, Fulmer is not going anywhere so get on board and support the guys in Orange and White, our young team and our coaching staff needs us to support them.
These are two separate things...job security from not earning a paycheck (yet), and support for the team. Vol support will always be there. For this year, most reasonable fans just want to see some improvement. Any time someone not performing to the level of their compensation, there's going to be heat.

Look at NFL to draw a parallel: Freddie Kitchens for Cleveland Browns...alot of talk about taking the league by storm, but sitting at 2-3, and coach is on hottest of seats because they are under performing to expectations. Pat Shurmur of NY Giants also sitting at 2-3 in second year, with less expectations, but with Daniel Jones at QB helm, people can see the rebuild foundation is taking place. THAT'S ALL I want to see in Year 2 w/ Pruitt...tangible signs that the future is brighter than last year. So, until that starts to take place, there's no degree of plea efforts which will calm talks of Pruitt/Fulmer being squarely on the collective hot seat...it comes with the territory when when you get paid the big bucks, and your initial results are arguably worse (or certainly no better) than the guy who you replaced.

FWIW, I believe in Pruitt, Chaney, and co, but they've got to get the guys to start turning the corner or they put themselves into an undesirable position of being vulnerable for a change.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I don't see why everyone is fussing. Yall acting like we are 1-4 or something. Last I checked, we can either be 1-0 or 0-1 after 60 minutes on Saturday.
In afraid the coach really feels that way.

Pruitt is not going anywhere, Fulmer is not going anywhere so get on board and support the guys in Orange and White, our young team and our coaching staff needs us to support them.

If it is bothering you so much, you could just ignore them? Right?

Well have at it. Go buy yourself a coonskin cap and checkered overalls. Go around crowded areas and loudly sing, "Good Ole Rocky Top" and see how many other morons yell "Woo". If our "young" team and coaching staff show me something, then they will have my support. I supported them for long enough to grow tired of taste of the 5h1t sandwich they have served up in return. Maybe with a little less support, they will start missing it and get their heads right.

Alrighty then.
Will make more cornbread and throw out my asparagus. I’m all aboard the Coach Cornbread Beldar train.

There are going to be some new converts come Saturday.......one side or the other.

i've already banged by head enough---stopping now will not make much difference.

If they are not going anywhere then they don’t need our support. The millions they get paid should support them just fine.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I totally disagree. I think they should continue beating their head against the wall........at least until they knock themselves out for awhile.

Lol I think it’s the other side that keeps banging their heads against the wall.

I watch every game. I hope for the best; however I’m living in reality. No need to bang my head, or even find excuses.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
There are two extremes of fans, positive and negative. The program is also at one of these extremes, guess which fans are basing their opinions on results and not hope.

Reactions: BraseltonVol

VN Store

Back