Would you like to play Wake Forest

I'd take a hard pass myself. They've won 5 in a row including a 3TD win over Wake and a 30-0 win over USC.
Clemson got a lot better as the season went along.

I agree but their QB is a big straight-line runner, not a juker so where we have had trouble with good shifty running QB's. I see no problem in that respect to U, if that matchup happened. It would also look better going into recruiting beating Clemson than beating Wake Forest just because the name buzzing better with recruits.

23rd vs 32nd

Not too far apart; however the best team they have played was NC State (which they won 45-42)……….Tennessee played Georgia, Bama, Mississippi, Pitt, and Kentucky which are all rated higher than NC State.

they have a goo O, not particularly good at rushing…..and their D is about 10 or 12 spots below Tennessee’s.

Tennessee is dead last at top….Wake is 100th.

Who knows what would happen……..however especially since Tennessee has improved (on O) from early in the season…….This looks like a really good matchup……..and one that “looks” like it favors Tennessee.

Wait a second. The best team they played all year is NC State and we are within 9 spots as far as strength of schedule?

Something fishy is goin on here…

I agree but their QB is a big straight-line runner, not a juker so where we have had trouble with good shifty running QB's. I see no problem in that respect to U, if that matchup happened. It would also look better going into recruiting beating Clemson than beating Wake Forest just because the name buzzing better with recruits.
Losing to Clemson would hurt though, and right now I think the chance we lose a match up with them is pretty good. We need to get to 8-5.

Reactions: memtownvol
No. Not intriguing enough. That's the deal with bowl season IMO. Most of the time the matchups suck due to tie-ins with this conference or that one. Do away with the tie-ins and put the best matchups together.

i just dont understand how the potential 2nd place team in a conference ends up matching with 5th-6th place team

Reactions: savannahfan
Wait a second. The best team they played all year is NC State and we are within 9 spots as far as strength of schedule?

Something fishy is goin on here…

probably because of tech, BG, Vandy…..

They also Played Clemson and UNC (which they lost both)……but the ACC is down.

Wake plays Pitt on Saturday, with Pitt a 3 pt fav. We played Pitt so close -- coulda shoulda woulda beaten them. Game tomorrow should be interesting.

I'd take a hard pass myself. They've won 5 in a row including a 3TD win over Wake and a 30-0 win over USC.
I don’t know, I think with our offense, we could beat them. At least it would be a good game, and Coach Hype could show some recruits that we are playing tougher, stronger, and the atmosphere has changed around here.

I don't want Clemson anymore. Their offense has found themselves and their defense is really good.
I know what you’re saying, and they have improved, but I don’t think we can be scared of anyone now, that the schedule we just went through, and I thought we played well against that schedule.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
You give us nearly a month to prepare for their mesh/ delay RPO stuff I feel pretty good we win by 2 scores. Hartman using his legs would give us problems though.

Very true. I’d like to see it, would be a great challenge. People would expect us to lose so we’d only gain big momentum if we won and that would surely help with recruiting the Clemson area.

I got called out pretty good for saying the same thing a few weeks ago. Clemson is a much better team than they were a month ago. If we had played them in October we would’ve won by double digits. I think right now would be a different story.

They can score enough to be troublesome. Though I think we would run the ball all over them. Think we’d win a close one. I’d like to play Penn State and slaughter the Pedo enablers

VN Store

Back