Would you like to play Wake Forest

Dont get me wrong, I would love to put Wake Forest in their place, but not because of the Clawfense. I dont blame him for what happened. We didn’t have the roster for the scheme and Fulmer and Co had done a terrible job with the Qbs on the roster. He inherited a ticking time bomb

Very much so.

They are 91st in scoring D.

They are 3rd in scoring O…..Tennessee is 9th.

They are 60th in rushing O…….I think that is in Tennessee’s favor on D.

Tennessee’s scoring D is better, Tennessee’s rushing O is better…….their scoring O is better………..on stats………I’d like to see.

I think this would be a great matchup for Tennessee.

Very much so.

They are 91st in scoring D.

They are 3rd in scoring O…..Tennessee is 9th.

They are 60th in rushing O…….I think that is in Tennessee’s favor on D.

Tennessee’s scoring D is better, Tennessee’s rushing O is better…….their scoring O is better………..on stats………I’d like to see.

I think this would be a great matchup for Tennessee.

How does the strength of schedule compare?

I don’t really like to see people pick on Wake, because that was a hell of a season for them. But we should beat them handily.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
How does the strength of schedule compare?

23rd vs 32nd

Not too far apart; however the best team they have played was NC State (which they won 45-42)……….Tennessee played Georgia, Bama, Mississippi, Pitt, and Kentucky which are all rated higher than NC State.

they have a goo O, not particularly good at rushing…..and their D is about 10 or 12 spots below Tennessee’s.

Tennessee is dead last at top….Wake is 100th.

Who knows what would happen……..however especially since Tennessee has improved (on O) from early in the season…….This looks like a really good matchup……..and one that “looks” like it favors Tennessee.

Yes. Everyone was running their mouth about the Ole Miss offense and we defended them about as well as anyone else did. Would love to shut them down so Tim Banks can get some much deserved RESPECT

Also Wake’s rushing D is 118th

Tennessee’s rushing O is 20th

That’s a HUGE advantage for Tennessee.

their good at passing O……but Tennessee isn’t terrible at all on passing efficiency D.

Want Miami. Would be an exciting matchup. They can score some points too

On stats paper Wake and Miami are very similar in a lot of ways.

Wake has a good bit better O, Miami has a WAY better run D.

That stat alone should provide Tennessee a better matchup vs Wake……however Miami scores 34 per and gives up 28 per……..that would look good for Tennessee as well.

Wake gives up 29 per but they score 43……….but that run D deficiency……looks good. Wake gives up 210 rushing yards per, and Tennessee runs for 212…….they could easily run for over 300 vs Wake.

The gator bowl will probably be the loser of the ACC championship game So if wake wins the ACC championship I think they’d avoid another Pitt/Tennessee matchup and we’d probably go to the music city bowl. Just some highly speculative rooting interest….

Reactions: TennTom
We sure are on 3rd and 4th down, though...

Wake has one of the worst rushing D’s in the country……..Tennessee runs the ball great……..Wake would need a ton of 3rd and 4ths…..they would certainly get many…….but the last time Tennessee saw a rushing D that bad……they ran for 458 on them.

I like the matchup for sure.

Wake Forest found ways to win games with a strong offense masking a bad defense.

One could argue we are similar in some aspects but I think we would beat Wake.

Would be a crazy score though. Something like 70-45

VN Store

Back