Worst single play

volsknx

The only people who dislike winners are losers!
To fill the off season, a little, what is your least favorite single play from the past three decades or so? Was it the shotgun play call by Butch on the goal-line against Fla or maybe JG’s goal-line fumble against Bama? Was it one of the sweep calls for Jamal Lewis against Nebraska or Fla?

There are others, I’m sure, so what is your least favorite? Mine has to be the punt return for Arkansas during the Dooley era.

To fill the off season, a little, what is your least favorite single play from the past three decades or so? Was it the shotgun play call by Butch on the goal-line against Fla or maybe JG’s goal-line fumble against Bama? Was it one of the sweep calls for Jamal Lewis against Nebraska or Fla?

There are others, I’m sure, so what is your least favorite? Mine has to be the punt return for Arkansas during the Dooley era.
All of the long touchdowns against Florida, Georgia, Brigham Young At the end of games!!!!! We just never learned, different coaches, different players, yet still the same ignorance.

This is a masochistic forum...

How about the last play of the first half of the 2003 Georgia game in Neyland? We were on the verge of taking the lead 14-13... and then disaster struck. I've never seen Neyland deflated so quickly. We played the entire 2nd half in a trance due to that one play.

How about the last play of the first half of the 2003 Georgia game in Neyland? We were on the verge of taking the lead 14-13... and then disaster struck. I've never seen Neyland deflated so quickly. We played the entire 2nd half in a trance due to that one play.

This. This is the acceleration to the bottom.

I was watching that with a bunch of uga fans, ugh.

That was going to be mine. I’ve never seen a game turn so quick.

Edit: I’ve never been at a game that turned so quick.

Last edited:
#1. Gaffney no catch by far is my #1.

#2 Mt. Cody FG block at Tuscaloosa, literally snatching our victory and throwing it into the jaws of defeat in one play. Those Vols deserved better that day from the football Gods IMO.

#3. JG's massive screwup trying the sneak against Bama, fumbling, and that turned into a TD the other way. He literally swung the game 14 points against the Vols on one bonehead play recorded forever in history.

Gaffney no catch was definitely mine. There was a 4 year run there where UT outplayed Florida culminating in the 2001 win at the swamp. We outplayed Florida in 2000 and the refs took it from us. That single play is one of the most shocking plays for me. I remember standing there with my mouth wide open, just staring at the TV for what seemed like hours after the game. Just completely dumbfounded by what I just saw.

I had the same reaction to the 2015 TD at florida but that one didn’t hurt like to Gaffney no catch.

This would be better if all replies required a video of the play so we can all relive the pain in HD.

VN Store

Back