Worst football trip in SEC

Playing Ole Miss this weekend in baseball, everytime Vols play Ole Miss, it brings back my worst football trip in SEC !!!!! Never going back to Oxford...

From a sheer experience perspective, Oxford is awesome IMO.

I would rate Lexington Kentucky in late october/november as the worst trip for Tennessee. Weather sucks, town sucks, opposing fans are annoying and already bitching about basketball. Tough to beat that.

Arkansas & Miss State from what I've heard kind of sucks from a distance and city perspective, just not a lot going on there but I haven't been so wouldn't know.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
I have had a lot of good trips to Oxford.

I always loved trips to Oxford..until the game actually started. Nothing like a bunch of drunk Ole Miss frat boys wanting to fight. I've been in 2 fights in all my years of going to games around the SEC, and both times against drunken Ole Miss frat boys after the game had ended and we were leaving the stadium (although one of those games was in Memphis). But at least the Rebels play in Oxford now. It really sucked when you had to go to that sh*thole Jackson, MS to games against Ole Miss. And I had to go to a lot of them when I was young because my dad played for Ole Miss and was a diehard fan. But I will say the Egg Bowl was always a blast to go o because you were guaranteed to see many, many fights in the stands.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I always loved trips to Oxford..until the game actually started. Nothing like a bunch of drunk Ole Miss frat boys wanting to fight. I've been in 2 fights in all my years of going to games around the SEC, and both times against drunken Ole Miss frat boys after the game had ended and we were leaving the stadium (although one of those games was in Memphis). But at least the Rebels play in Oxford now. It really sucked when you had to go to that sh*thole Jackson, MS to games against Ole Miss. And I had to go to a lot of them when I was young because my dad played for Ole Miss and was a diehard fan. But I will say the Egg Bowl was always a blast to go o because you were guaranteed to see many, many fights in the stands.

Jackson was terrible. I went to a couple of games there with big Ole Miss fans, one loss and UT’s first victory in Jackson.

Jackson was terrible. I went to a couple of games there with big Ole Miss fans, one loss and UT’s first victory in Jackson.

I was there for the Archie Who? 38-0 blowout. Miserable experience. My dad and his buddy were down on the Ole Miss sidelines and got me and his friend's son tickets in the Ole Miss student section. Just an absolutely terrible experience, including the ride home since everyone in the car but me was a huge Ole Miss fan.

I was there for the Archie Who? 38-0 blowout. Miserable experience. My dad and his buddy were down on the Ole Miss sidelines and got me and his friend's son tickets in the Ole Miss student section. Just an absolutely terrible experience, including the ride home since everyone in the car but me was a huge Ole Miss fan.

Both times for me it was mostly Ole Miss fans in the van. After the win I didn’t say a word, afraid I would get left behind despite being a kid.

Playing Ole Miss this weekend in baseball, everytime Vols play Ole Miss, it brings back my worst football trip in SEC !!!!! Never going back to Oxford...

I loved the 2004 trip. Not as much on the 2009 trip. Didn't go in 2014. Peyton and Eli both there in 2004.

You seem to be in the minority on Ole Miss. Can't say myself.

Little Rock was fun, especially with my impeach clinton bumper sticker.

I would have to say Starkville is bleak, as is Columbia, MO in November (last time for that punishment) and Turdscaloosa are at the bottom end of sucky. I can Lexington see not being that great either.

Nashville, Athens and Knoxville are in a class by themselves.

Auburn, and Fayetteville? Why can't they have Talladega the day after Auburn game?

At least Columbia, SC has Myrtle Beach, LSU has Bourbon Street and Gainesville has Orlando/Cocoa Beach/Destin afterwards.

If I went to aTm game, I would stay in San Antonio/Austin.

And while we are at it: Hoover, AL sucks too! Why can't we have SEC deliberations in Nashville, Atlanta, Destin or at the very least Huntsville, AL?

From a sheer experience perspective, Oxford is awesome IMO.

I would rate Lexington Kentucky in late october/november as the worst trip for Tennessee. Weather sucks, town sucks, opposing fans are annoying and already bitching about basketball. Tough to beat that.

Arkansas & Miss State from what I've heard kind of sucks from a distance and city perspective, just not a lot going on there but I haven't been so wouldn't know.
Lexington wasn't that bad IMO. Weather was crap, and we lost (2017), but fan wise they weren't that bad. UGA was the worst fan experience I've had. Even FL wasn't that bad (I went the year Hunter tore his ACL). SC is just kinda out in the middle of nowhere (the stadium).

You seem to be in the minority on Ole Miss. Can't say myself.

Little Rock was fun, especially with my impeach clinton bumper sticker.

I would have to say Starkville is bleak, as is Columbia, MO in November (last time for that punishment) and Turdscaloosa are at the bottom end of sucky. I can Lexington see not being that great either.

Nashville, Athens and Knoxville are in a class by themselves.

Auburn, and Fayetteville? Why can't they have Talladega the day after Auburn game?

At least Columbia, SC has Myrtle Beach, LSU has Bourbon Street and Gainesville has Orlando/Cocoa Beach/Destin afterwards.

If I went to aTm game, I would stay in San Antonio/Austin.

And while we are at it: Hoover, AL sucks too! Why can't we have SEC deliberations in Nashville, Atlanta, Destin or at the very least Huntsville, AL?
2.5 hour drive. I'd say that's considered not having it

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Lexington wasn't that bad IMO. Weather was crap, and we lost (2017), but fan wise they weren't that bad. UGA was the worst fan experience I've had. Even FL wasn't that bad (I went the year Hunter tore his ACL). SC is just kinda out in the middle of nowhere (the stadium).

Lexington is a cool town. Not the downtown part (downtowns are kind of all the same anyways) but the tracks, the horse park, etc are all really cool places.

Also they have a Turkey Creek’ish area that puts TC to shame.

Reactions: vettefool
Lexington is a cool town. Not the downtown part (downtowns are kind of all the same anyways) but the tracks, the horse park, etc are all really cool places.

Also they have a Turkey Creek’ish area that puts TC to shame.
I went to the horse track earlier that day. I actually met Cornelius Bennett and his wife at a bar/restaurant near campus.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

VN Store

Back