Worst football trip in SEC

I’ve said that for years. Cue the “Florida students threw a cup of urine on Ms Fulmer” stories. And the 50,000 or so UT fans who all somehow “witnessed it.”

So when i was shoved while walking on the sidewalk one year, my wife shoved inside the stadium another year, and cups thrown at us at when the Gator Bowl was held in Gainesville (by UF students, not VA Tech fans), I was hallucinating?

Wasn't the SEC rule requiring the students not to be seated directly behind the visiting team bench commonly referred to as "The Florida Rule" when passed? Or is the SEC also part of this vast conspiracy against UF fans?

I’ve said that for years. Cue the “Florida students threw a cup of urine on Ms Fulmer” stories. And the 50,000 or so UT fans who all somehow “witnessed it.”

So you two almighty gator boys don't believe it so it's not true?

I believe some stories are exaggerated and some even made up, and this unfair phenomenon only involves TENNESSEE and Florida.

Playing Ole Miss this weekend in baseball, everytime Vols play Ole Miss, it brings back my worst football trip in SEC !!!!! Never going back to Oxford...

You’re doing Oxford wrong.

Been there three times (‘94, ‘02 and ‘07) and had a blast each time, even in ‘02 when we lost.

Eye candy as far as the eye can see on The Grove, and premium tailgating.

So you two almighty gator boys don't believe it so it's not true?

I believe some stories are exaggerated and some even made up, and this unfair phenomenon only involves TENNESSEE and Florida.

I'd be hard pressed not to believe any story about our fan base when UT came to town in '91 and '93.

We were at our absolute worst back then.

Now? Not so much.

Last edited:
So when i was shoved while walking on the sidewalk one year, my wife shoved inside the stadium another year, and cups thrown at us at when the Gator Bowl was held in Gainesville (by UF students, not VA Tech fans), I was hallucinating?

Wasn't the SEC rule requiring the students not to be seated directly behind the visiting team bench commonly referred to as "The Florida Rule" when passed? Or is the SEC also part of this vast conspiracy against UF fans?

That was after the 1991 UT game.

The prior year in Knoxville, it was reported that UT students mocked UF fans and our band about the Danny Rolling murders that took place off campus that semester. Fall '90 was my last semester of undergrad so I remember those days very well.

Couple that with the 45-3 ass whuppin we took in Neyland, and you could say our students were a little more spirited than usual the following September when UT came to town.

Last edited:
Williams-Brice and the surrounding area has more of a state fair vibe to as opposed than a collge football environment.

It’s such a dump filled with drunken idiots. The drunken idiots part isn’t unique to South Carolina, I’m sure Florida and Tennessee have their fair share, but man is it noticeable there. And how embarrassing for them to display “1969 ACC Champions” on their stadium. I guess when you’ve never won the SEC and never will, you gotta do something.

What? You won the SEC both of those years. 2018, you finished 3rd in the East.

He means fan behavior was the worst in the early 90's. My experience is from later 90's and not good but not directed at me. I suspect that UT fans are treated better now because its been so one-sided and neither team has been world beaters lately.

That was after the 1991 UT game.

The prior year in Knoxville, it was reported that UT students mocked UF fans and our band about the Danny Rolling murders that took place off campus that semester.

That would be pretty unlikely as the student section at Neyland is nowhere near the majority of the visiting team seats and about 5 sections from the visting band section.

That would be pretty unlikely as the student section at Neyland is nowhere near the majority of the visiting team seats and about 5 sections from the visting band section.

It happened as our band was walking to the stadium.

“Our students don’t die ....clap clap clap-clap-clap...”

VN Store

Back