Worst football program in the state?

Middleton is pretty bad as well. I playoff win in school history....Just basketball.

I'm sticking with my mighty Red Boiling Springs Bulldogs :D...

50-328 All-time (started 1974)
69-game losing streak from 1986-1992
61-game losing streak from 2002-2009
1 winning season in 39 years of play
0 playoff appearances in 39 years of play

60-point+ defeats all-time
2005 L Trousdale County 91-0
1976 L Gordonsville 76-0
2010 L Friendship Christian 72-0
2007 L Watertown 76-7
2007 L Friendship Christian 65-0
1989 L Westmoreland 65-0
1975 L Spring Hill 65-0
1974 L Clay County 76-12
1996 L Trousdale County 62-0
2006 L Friendship Christian 61-0
2000 L Gordonsville 69-8
2009 L Friendship Christian 60-0
2004 L East Robertson 60-0
1997 L Trousdale County 60-0
1988 L Watertown 60-0
1975 L Watertown 60-0

A coach who runs up the score 91-0 in high school should be severely reprimanded. I understand getting your 2nd and 3rd string players run and competing the whole time, but there comes a point where you just take a knee or run up the middle and have the officials go to a running clock . That kind of score line is obscene

Reactions: VolNExile and Remy
A coach who runs up the score 91-0 in high school should be severely reprimanded. I understand getting your 2nd and 3rd string players run and competing the whole time, but there comes a point where you just take a knee or run up the middle and have the officials go to a running clock . That kind of score line is obscene
no way...those 3/4 stringers want to play also. They have a running clock. What else you want?

Oakdale is historically bad. Even had to cancel a season because a couple players got hurt and then didn't have enough to line up and play. Really small school in East Tennessee. Some of the parents normally hold the blocking dummies because not enough players to do so. Wartburg is another school that is historically bad.

Sonny Moore has North Greene as the worst this year.

Played at North Greene. First player from there ever to be named all-state. Even when that school does have talented players, they never knew what to do with them.

Meanwhile, schools with similar enrollment (Cloudland, for example) can put together good programs. So, it’s not a small school thing.

Reactions: peaygolf
I understand Ezell Harding the coming season will have a total of only 14 players. Something about the TSSAA being petitioned to allow them to play 8 man football, anybody heard about that? Sad day but that area is probably undergoing a big demographics change and not a lot private school kids are going to go there.

Sale Creek has only had a program for 4 or 5 years I think so give them a break.

Take it from an alumni.. they’ll continue to be bad. Their head coach is an auto mechanics teacher with no real football experience outside of coaching a mediocre middle school team (Soddy-Daisy) for about 2 years before. The OC is aight but he’s up there in age and is so out of shape he can’t even stand
The whole time during practices And the staff won’t fire him because they’re all “buddies” and won’t put more money into the program than they need to. It’s taken them 6 years to get a field, and it’s not even complete yet. Plus the student enrollment for the high school part of the school is around 200.

When I went there basketball was the cash cow. Now they’re not even good. The only respectable teams there are the volleyball and softball teams (who continuously go to state). Great school as far as the other students around you and teachers are concerned, but awful athletic department.

So unless a bunch of top athletes go there within the next few years (which is unlikely, and if it does happen they’ll probably transfer) don’t expect them to be good anytime soon.

Oakdale is historically bad. Even had to cancel a season because a couple players got hurt and then didn't have enough to line up and play. Really small school in East Tennessee. Some of the parents normally hold the blocking dummies because not enough players to do so. Wartburg is another school that is historically bad.

Their field is a joke. The sidelines run at an odd angle, and a corner of one of their end zones is one receivers have to grab the fence and hope they don't flip over it, or they could easily fall onto the road.

As I remember, Trousdale County was not only obscenely good, but deep that year. I guess they could have let their cheerleaders suit up and play.

Might as well add Sunbright to the discussion. Only team I have ever seen a punter standing on the two, and he punted it back over his head for a safety. No wind at all. Went over the fence.
lmfao thread always delivers

I understand Ezell Harding the coming season will have a total of only 14 players. Something about the TSSAA being petitioned to allow them to play 8 man football, anybody heard about that? Sad day but that area is probably undergoing a big demographics change and not a lot private school kids are going to go there.

Red Boiling Springs, Pickett county rarely have more than 18 on varsity. Clay County not much more.

Might as well add Sunbright to the discussion. Only team I have ever seen a punter standing on the two, and he punted it back over his head for a safety. No wind at all. Went over the fence.

They beat Jackson County in a pre-season scrimmage last year. That was the start of a bad year for us. The bright spot was my 170 pound son beating out a junior and senior on the O-line by the 3rd game for JC, and being a pretty dominant lineman in the region for a fish out of water in that position. After two weight lifting injuries he hung it up this year cause the coach wouldn't agree to move him to TE so his back wouldn't get pounded every play. as much as he loves baseball, I really thought after last season he had a shot at football somewhere if he could get noticed.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Take it from an alumni.. they’ll continue to be bad. Their head coach is an auto mechanics teacher with no real football experience outside of coaching a mediocre middle school team (Soddy-Daisy) for about 2 years before. The OC is aight but he’s up there in age and is so out of shape he can’t even stand
The whole time during practices And the staff won’t fire him because they’re all “buddies” and won’t put more money into the program than they need to. It’s taken them 6 years to get a field, and it’s not even complete yet. Plus the student enrollment for the high school part of the school is around 200.

When I went there basketball was the cash cow. Now they’re not even good. The only respectable teams there are the volleyball and softball teams (who continuously go to state). Great school as far as the other students around you and teachers are concerned, but awful athletic department.

So unless a bunch of top athletes go there within the next few years (which is unlikely, and if it does happen they’ll probably transfer) don’t expect them to be good anytime soon.

That sounds promising for Jackson County since we had to pick them up to complete our schedule. And we weren't good last year at all. Probably won't be this year either. For some reason, after decades of opening with Rival Clay County, we can't get them on our schedule?? Sounds fishy to me. And to travel 2 hrs from Gainesboro to sale creek is ridiculous. We already have 2 district games over 1 1/2 hours.

You might as well add all of the Morgan County schools on that list. That area is so poor and underdeveloped.

Reactions: Fatman Photos
You might as well add all of the Morgan County schools on that list. That area is so poor and underdeveloped.

Coalfield is usually a strong 1A program. But they are located close enough to Oak Ridge that some players might transfer in. But the rest?Sunbright ( the one yet mentioned) might be competitive every once in awhile. But since the Coalmines and Brushy Mountain closed? Not all that many good jobs to keep those schools competitive.

Reactions: Shocker0

VN Store

Back