Worley's injury?

Exactly, been saying the same thing. When the announcer, a former NFL starter says the play calling was horrible and wasnt putting his QB in good situations tells us all we need to know. Just like that 4th down call against ole miss. Doesn't bring in an extra blocker and has a TR FR that hasnt had but a few snaps all yr and isn't your get one yard back is in there just further shows Bajakians horrible playcalling. We needed half a yard, you either QB sneak or get an extra lead blocker and use Hurd or even the beast package. I'm no playcaller but even I know that was a horrible call. Plus the play was being reviewed so he had time to come up with something.

These are great points Jason. I've been blown away by the ridiculous play calls on many levels. Fourth and a foot and Bajakian wants to cram it up the middle of Ole Miss with a slow developing handoff in the backfield to some flyweight freshman tailback? Peterman has the big strong legs and Bajakian didn't call a sneak - or even a direct snap to Hurd or Johnson. Just crazy.

It doesn't matter what qb you put in, having a bad offensive line makes the offense one dimensional and easy to defend. Teams with a decent d-line have been trying to take away the short quick routes and know they will get the qb off his spot before the deep routes have time to develop. You put the qb in that you have more faith in his ability to fit it in the small windows the d is giving

Last edited:
These are great points Jason. I've been blown away by the ridiculous play calls on many levels. Fourth and a foot and Bajakian wants to cram it up the middle of Ole Miss with a slow developing handoff in the backfield to some flyweight freshman tailback? Peterman has the big strong legs and Bajakian didn't call a sneak - or even a direct snap to Hurd or Johnson. Just crazy.

exactly. Please understand though that was simply a one on one failure by our players. The RB was supposed to hurdle the line and the d lineman crashing in.

Peterman had a bad start at Florida but on the play he broke his thumb, he was throwing to a wide open receiver. It would have been a TD. Then all of you guys would love him. Is he Peyton, NO! But he isn't near as bad as you guys make him. I bet he starts next year too.

Which play was that? At what point in the first half did that happen? Honest question.

LOL! No truer words have been spoken in this thread. In other words, keep the whipping boy in the game!

I mean, maybe with a shoulder injury Worley won't be able to throw it as quickly to the opposing team members.

Don't get me wrong. Worley is a good QB. Problem is with the worst O-line I have ever seen we would need a great one to have a chance at some of these games.

I hope the guy stays healthy and can give his all for Tennessee this entire season. Maybe by next year the O-line's balls will have dropped and they actual protect the QB and open some running room.

Last edited:
I'd like to see some of you play qb behind this line, then hear you talk about how bad Worley is.

Reactions: 1 person
Which play was that? At what point in the first half did that happen? Honest question.

It happened at the very beginning of the second quarter when we were beating Florida 7-3 and moving the ball. Peterman threw a rifle pass to an open receiver in the middle-left side of the field, but his hand smashed hard into a defenders helmet messing up the throw slightly and breaking his hand. The ball was knocked up in the air by either the receiver or a defender and intercepted by Florida downfield. This was the beginning of the meltdown.

Attachments

• Grab that punk.gif
    Grab that punk.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Jones said that Worley got the QB job because he "protected" the ball. Remind me again his INT vs TD record. not to mention the fumbles(that have been game winners: for the opponent). I only know of 2 turn-overs that Worley was not involved in, Peterman to Lane handoff and Berry's fumble.

I'd like to see some of you play qb behind this line, then hear you talk about how bad Worley is.

I don't think anyone has claimed that they could do better. But it's hard to ignore his play given what opportunities he has had. I for one never jumped on the "Worley has improved" bandwagon, you can check my posts. IMO he hasn't improved one bit. He still overthrows the short routes and doesn't have the arm strength to throw down field, on top of the fact he can't seem to wrap his head around getting rid of the football before taking a sack. He instead runs out of bounds for a 5 yd loss. As a QB at his level, he should be able to create plays, or at least one play per game, out of a bad situation. That is what separates a mediocre QB from a good QB. Some of the things that worley does when a play is busted is just bush league.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
All this sounds eerily similar to last year because it couldn't get any worse right, until it did. He's the best we have like it or not

We got a chance against bama if Worley will not make 2 or 3 bone head throws, with PETERMAN the game will be over before halftime, even last night it was a game till 2 minutes to go in the third quarter, and OLE MISS is the second best team in the nation behind State, we can beat them FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF with just a little luck.:rock:

The fumble by Evan Berry was the turning point.

It happened at the very beginning of the second quarter when we were beating Florida 7-3 and moving the ball. Peterman threw a rifle pass to an open receiver in the middle-left side of the field, but his hand smashed hard into a defenders helmet messing up the throw slightly and breaking his hand. The ball was knocked up in the air by either the receiver or a defender and intercepted by Florida downfield. This was the beginning of the meltdown.

That was NOT the beginning of the meltdown. It was already well underway. First 3 drives that included that pick.... 13 plays, 15 yards, 3 turnovers.

And I think you're wrong about which play it was. I think it was on his interception on the first drive of the 2nd qtr., the one where he threw into triple coverage. He actually came back in the next series, threw 2-3 passes and showed no ill effects at all in doing so during that possession, however at the 9:23 mark of the quarter, one of the announcers mentions that he might've hurt it the previous possession.

Hard for me to blame Worley, even for his mistakes. He is under pressure on literally every snap, and has taken a beating in every game after the first 2. Including UTC, for crying out loud. He's trying to make a play where no play exists. What other option does he have? We can't run the ball, and we can't protect the QB long enough for a 10 yard route to develop. Is he getting gun shy? Yep. Anybody here wanna throw the first stone on that one?
Has Worley hurt us with some of his decisions? Yes. But put him behind even an average SEC O-line, and he's probably among the SEC leaders at QB.

I just can't pile on to a QB who knows he's going to get hammered, and still tries to make something out of nothing. Guts. Sorry...but this begins and ends with a dysfunctional OL. Honorable mention for an Offensive Coordinator who won't just line up in an I-formation to at least try to improve our running game and pocket protection for our QB.

My 40% of a nickel...

Reactions: 4 people
That was NOT the beginning of the meltdown. It was already well underway. First 3 drives that included that pick.... 13 plays, 15 yards, 3 turnovers.

And I think you're wrong about which play it was. I think it was on his interception on the first drive of the 2nd qtr., the one where he threw into triple coverage. He actually came back in the next series, threw 2-3 passes and showed no ill effects at all in doing so during that possession, however at the 9:23 mark of the quarter, one of the announcers mentions that he might've hurt it the previous possession.

Fact: We were winning 7-3 when Peterman broke his hand against Florida. NOT a meltdown.

Fact: I SAID, Peterman broke his hand at the beginning of the second quarter and the ball was intercepted.

Fact: The ball was not thrown into triple coverage, but to an open receiver. The pass was a bit off target due to his hand hitting the helmet as he released.

Fact: Peterman continued to play with a broken hand. As the hand swelled, wild passes and constant fumbles ensued as he was unable to grip the football. That was the meltdown everyone remembers.

Fact: Peterman's wild throws were after the broken hand.

Frankly, Peterman should have told the coaches before things deteriorated so badly he couldn't grip the ball, but I imagine adrenaline was masking the pain. I once played two series at corner after tearing ligaments in my ankle. I thought I was fine and continued playing. Within about a half hour, I couldn't stand up after sitting down.

Fact: We were winning 7-3 when Peterman broke his hand against Florida. NOT a meltdown.

Fact: I SAID, Peterman broke his hand at the beginning of the second quarter and the ball was intercepted.

Fact: The ball was not thrown into triple coverage, but to an open receiver. The pass was a bit off target due to his hand hitting the helmet as he released.

Fact: Peterman continued to play with a broken hand. As the hand swelled, wild passes and constant fumbles ensued as he was unable to grip the football. That was the meltdown everyone remembers.

Fact: Peterman's wild throws were after the broken hand.

Frankly, Peterman should have told the coaches before things deteriorated so badly he couldn't grip the ball, but I imagine adrenaline was masking the pain. I once played two series at corner after tearing ligaments in my ankle. I thought I was fine and continued playing. Within about a half hour, I couldn't stand up after sitting down.

Same thing happened to me after going number 2.

VN Store

Back