Worley's injury?

It astounds me that people think switching out Worley will fix our issues. Have any of you seen our offensive line play?

Worley should not have been in the game to get injured at that stage. The game was over so why not let the subs get some experience -- well unless you just want to complain next year about having a QB with no game experience

Because you don't do that. Play to win. If CBJ would have done that, posters would have said he has given up. We need a coach that will play till the end. Blah, blah, blah...
At this point anything he does will draw sharp criticism. We had tons of people melting down over a handily win vs UTC.

It astounds me that people think switching out Worley will fix our issues. Have any of you seen our offensive line play?

There are people who dismissed and "hated" Worley from the start. To them, anything that went wrong was going to be his fault... so it doesn't matter that UT may very well have the worst OL in all of FBS and a good portion of FCS... It MUST be Worley's fault.

Reactions: 1 person
For the millionth time, Bajakian didn't help Nate one bit with playcalling in Athens. First series, we we did quick passes that way the backup, who can came in all of the sudden, didn't have to think. That Fumble was All Lane too. For some reason, Bajakian wanted to do 5 step drops in the second and third series. That's what killed Peterman and our offense.

And that STILL doesn't make him panic. When under pressure he makes boneheaded plays with the ball. I think he seems like an outstanding kid and has some QB skills. But the same panic we saw vs UF last fall we saw again vs UGA this year. Some people just cannot handle certain kinds of pressure.

Don't think it would fix a lot of issues but Ainge was on Swain's show this morning and he was talking about the sacks and offensive production is about half and half with who's at fault. Worley 5 step dropping from a shotgun snap puts the tackles at 9 yards to block and the rusher is coming around the end instead of worley being up in the pocket. Said it actually makes it worse and harder on the tackles. He by no means defended the offensive line as being good but said Worley was not helping them and in fact hurting them.

And that STILL doesn't make him panic. When under pressure he makes boneheaded plays with the ball. I think he seems like an outstanding kid and has some QB skills. But the same panic we saw vs UF last fall we saw again vs UGA this year. Some people just cannot handle certain kinds of pressure.

What boneheaded play did he make in the UGA game? He got shafted on the Intentional Grounding call and he never threw any questionable passes. The fumble was all Lane's fault.

There are people who dismissed and "hated" Worley from the start. To them, anything that went wrong was going to be his fault... so it doesn't matter that UT may very well have the worst OL in all of FBS and a good portion of FCS... It MUST be Worley's fault.

It doesn't matter what kind of O-line he has, he is not good. When he runs out of bounds for a 5 yd loss instead of throwing it away, his fault. When he underthrows a receiver by 5 yds for an interception, his fault. When he rolls out throws it right into the hands of a defender....twice, his fault. When he overthrows a RB or WR on a screen that gives them no opportunity to get upfield resulting in a loss of yardage, his fault. He's a D1 quarterback and a senior at that, he has to be able to capitalize on the opportunities he has instead of being in utter shock that he's not on the ground. I get that he doesn't have a lot of time in the pocket, but there has been several occasions he could have maneuvered inside a collapsing pocket and made something happen, but instead panics and makes a horrible decision or takes the sack. I can understand a physical mistake once in a while but its the blatant mental mistakes and bad decisions that get me.

Reactions: 2 people
Some of the fault could be on the receivers and receiver coaches. Remember, Josh Malone ran a wrong route and I think that may have been the first interception. Remember, how long it took Peerless Price to learn the plays. So, one of the interception was not on Worley. I do agree he needs to step up in the pocket rather than fading back.

Some of the fault could be on the receivers and receiver coaches. Remember, Josh Malone ran a wrong route and I think that may have been the first interception. Remember, how long it took Peerless Price to learn the plays. So, one of the interception was not on Worley. I do agree he needs to step up in the pocket rather than fading back.

first int was bad pass .With a lot more air on it would have been a td . Sec int throwing for his life but should have thrown it out of bounds . third int just bad

Reactions: 2 people

Firstly Worley does have at least 3 picks in 2 sec games that are squarely on him and him alone. Secondly Peterman has none this year in limited play. I am not saying Peterman or another QB is a better option but I will say with a guaranteed loss coming anyway and with Worley being rattled right now and our better option against the beatable teams that we should give another guy (Peterman) a chance against Bama. I promise you it will not change the outcome either way but may change the outcome down the road.

HAHAHA you are doing to Peterman what you accuse us of doing. Worley has looked poor in his last 2 sec appearances. Poor decision making, poor at sensing pressure, poor at accuracy in critical situations. Poor.

Yes. He most certainly could... and has.

I'm going to take a stab here and guess that you took a nap while Worley was out vs UGA... right?

No I saw all the game. Even the announcers said they put Peterman in aweful situations with the playcalling. They blitzed Peterman every play for obvious reasons. A few series isnt really a fair time to determine his ability. And Worley looked worse the last 2 games against SEC teams than Peterman has at any point. You obviously skipped past when our offense was on the field since the GA game. Worley has looked awful since he got hurt against GA outside of 2 scoring drives against GA. He is obviously hurt and has no business
playing. Here is you a few numbers. Against the 3 sec teams, including a bad UF team and Oklahoma here are Worleys stats those 4and games, 58% completions 4 TD's, 7 ints in which 4 were in the opponents endzone, 2 others close to the redzone and 3 fumbles, one we got back. Not all that was on the Oline..Holding the ball way too long and horrible decisions also aided in that.. and 13 pts a game is the average. 5 Touchdowns and 7 field goals. No TD's in. Last 8 quarters vs SEC teams. We must be watching 2 different QB's cause that is horrible QB play and produ tion.

For the millionth time, Bajakian didn't help Nate one bit with playcalling in Athens. First series, we we did quick passes that way the backup, who can came in all of the sudden, didn't have to think. That Fumble was All Lane too. For some reason, Bajakian wanted to do 5 step drops in the second and third series. That's what killed Peterman and our offense.

Exactly, been saying the same thing. When the announcer, a former NFL starter says the play calling was horrible and wasnt putting his QB in good situations tells us all we need to know. Just like that 4th down call against ole miss. Doesn't bring in an extra blocker and has a TR FR that hasnt had but a few snaps all yr and isn't your get one yard back is in there just further shows Bajakians horrible playcalling. We needed half a yard, you either QB sneak or get an extra lead blocker and use Hurd or even the beast package. I'm no playcaller but even I know that was a horrible call. Plus the play was being reviewed so he had time to come up with something.

Burn Dobbs redshirt. His passing is his weakness, so I will take that weakness for a running threat. Bama is not game planning for a running QB, so let's try it.

I guarantee they are gameplanning for a running QB. Not to mention running against Ala isn't how you beat them. Their secondary is the weakness on their D, you will beat them this yr by passing. If Arky couldn't run on them we damn sure wont and if Brandon Allen can throw for over 200 yards on their secondary then we damn sure should be able too.

If you watched Saturdays game and the Florida game and can tell me 2anything worse quarterbacked games then I would love to hear. Ole Miss was just as much Worley. He had time on his turnovers and just threw the ball up. 5 interceptiins, 2 fumbles and 4 fieldgoals...that is almost twice as many turnovers as field goals and zero TD's. Itsa combo of a terrible Oline, terrible playcalling and terrible QB play and decision making.

Peterman has been shafted for two years. Playing Florida in his first start with a broken thumb and being thrown to wolves with no offensive line against GA is not a chance. Georgia blitzed literally every play and Peterman was being hit within 2-3 seconds by multiple defenders as the Oline evaporated.

Peterman has been shafted for two years. Playing Florida in his first start with a broken thumb and being thrown to wolves with no offensive line against GA is not a chance. Georgia blitzed literally every play and Peterman was being hit within 2-3 seconds by multiple defenders as the Oline evaporated.

False. His first series, we drew up quick slants and digs to Malone and North that gave Nate a 2 step and throw play. Then we decided to go away from that on the second and third series. Nate held his own that first series.

VN Store

Back