WNBA/Training Camps/ Pro LVs

Zero consistency. Yet again.

Is it really that hard to cut a deal with one network and stick with it?
What is it that you don't understand? This is summertime, baseball season, with ESPN involved big time in MLB. The more networks the better for us fans. One network cannot commit to one sport on a nightly basis, so the more the merrier. Besides, how many networks show WCBB? I could name a few.

Still more cuts to come and it has already been brutal. I think about when the league first started, and for every Cynthia Cooper on rosters there were at least three players whom nearly every one of the women currently on waivers would have easily dominated. I hate it for all these players who dream their whole lives to play in the W and then get cut before they ever play in one real game. It is what it is, but still... :(

WBNA Player transactions

Oh boy, not just Beal but Henderson too. Haven't looked, but I'm sure the So Car helicopter fans and their media puppets are melting down all over Twitter. Taking it personally, I'm sure.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Oh boy, not just Beal but Henderson too. Haven't looked, but I'm sure the So Car helicopter fans and their media puppets are melting down all over Twitter. Taking it personally, I'm sure.
Beal was never WNBA material. If you can't shoot/score, your pro prospects go way down. She was as overrated as they get.

Henderson was a bit of a surprise, but the writing was on the wall when the Fever signed Erica Wheeler.

Beal was never WNBA material. If you can't shoot/score, your pro prospects go way down. She was as overrated as they get.

Henderson was a bit of a surprise, but the writing was on the wall when the Fever signed Erica Wheeler.
Yes I think the Beal move was expected. But it didn't stop a WNBA blogger from getting excoriated by SC fans for saying exactly that BB was overhyped and wouldn't make a roster. Called for his site to be boycotted or shut down! I'm not surprised about Henderson, only surprised she hung on as long as she did.

Sorry to hear about Rae. Hope she catches on somewhere. Thinking more and more how Jordy going later to Seattle, a team in total rebuild, was a good thing.

I’m sor
Yes I think the Beal move was expected. But it didn't stop a WNBA blogger from getting excoriated by SC fans for saying exactly that BB was overhyped and wouldn't make a roster. Called for his site to be boycotted or shut down! I'm not surprised about Henderson, only surprised she hung on as long as she did.

Sorry to hear about Rae. Hope she catches on somewhere. Thinking more and more how Jordy going later to Seattle, a team in total rebuild, was a good thing.
I don’t get they cut rae but Thomas and Clarendon are still there😑 Zia and JC can run the point

I’m sor

I don’t get they cut rae but Thomas and Clarendon are still there😑 Zia and JC can run the point
Jasmine Thomas is a veteran point guard who is solid when healthy, while Jordan Canada is rather inconsistent, so I do get that one. Zia's performed the best of all of this season's draftees, including Boston, which is really interesting!

Wow, I'm surprised by this. They both seemed to be doing well in the preseason.

Rae had the same misfortune that Rennia did. She was injured her rookie year, and most first round draft picks are given the year to figure things out. She never had the chance to show her abilities, and then her development was further hindered by the injury. Hopefully she has a good European season and is able to make a training camp next season.

12 teams usually carry 15 players I think,that's 180 players for whole league not many opportunities for these ladies and expansion is it even being discussed?

Interesting that the two stars of the last NCAA tournament championships (Alexis Morris and Henderson) both got cut in training camp.

I always thought Horston had more pro potential than Burrell, but she's gotta show out during this season. They don't mess around with these cuts.

Jasmine Thomas is a veteran point guard who is solid when healthy, while Jordan Canada is rather inconsistent, so I do get that one. Zia's performed the best of all of this season's draftees, including Boston, which is really interesting!
Call me bias not a fan of Thomas😅 and I’ve been rooting for Zia she should make the cut Lexi probably going to get cut next

Wut?

Rae was one of the better looking players in their first game. So confusing.
Samuelson had a good game last time out too. By cutting Burrell, Karlie and Crystal Bradford, and Katie Samuelson out for pregnancy, they basically have no size on the wing. You'd think they would have kept at least one of those 3.

I'm pretty sure the rosters are limited to 11 or 12. It would help a LOT if it were 15.
It would, but they need to bring in some revenue first. I'm sure that upping the salaries across the board during the last CBA cost them a pretty penny.

They're being delusional and have their blinders on. I remember when they were saying that Beal was a top 8 draft pick. Like, whaaaaa? Did they see the Final Four where she spent 35+ min on the court and contributed nothing on either end of the court? She was one of those players that could guard most players, but an elite player (like Clark or Bueckers) would have no problem torching her. And she provided nothing on offense. They let her shoot all day and weren't the least bit worried about her.

Henderson had potential, but she didn't separate herself either last season or during camp I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if she resurfaces on a roster down the road.

Burrell...I hate to say it, but I'm not surprised. If Davis couldn't make it in the league, then I didn't think Burrell would either. She has too many holes in her game. She's the kind of player that teams have to be patient with and treat like a long-term prospect, but player development has never been the MO for the WNBA. If you can't produce on Day 1, you're pretty much done for.

the league losing out on a lot of talent because it's scared to cut some of these veterans
Scared to cut the veterans, or the younger players just not distinguishing themselves from the pack? There are a lot of pretty old players in the league, but the younger players have to start outplaying them to stay in the league. The problem with the WNBA is that they don't give a leash for player development, so the young players that stick are pretty much the ones that come out of the gates quickly. And even then, you still have players that can play big roles as rookies and then get waived the next year.

Reactions: 1reVOLver and glv98

VN Store

Back